Page 287 of 590 FirstFirst ... 187237277285286287288289297337387 ... LastLast
Results 2,861 to 2,870 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 287

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Thank you all for the birthday greetings! It was a nice birthday. Did I mention the choir sang Happy Birthday to me in five parts? It was worth having a birthday just for that.

Had a great swim. I haven't been there for a week! Horrible to go so long without being in the water. Lifeguard tryouts/training were being held. I had some fun watching both above and below the water. At the end I got in the therapy pool and tread water for about 10 minutes just for fun. It is very easy for me because I float like a cork.

Not hungry this evening as a result of having a good breakfast of eggs and beef and a large serving of fried cauliflower rice for lunch. I do have a sweet potato in the oven. Not sure when it will be ready, can't remember when I put it in! I just made chocolate pots. Lesson here: make chocolate pots earlier in the day because they need to be chilled for several hours and you can't eat them right away.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

campanella is offline Senior Member
    That is so cute! How did they sing happy birthday in 5 parts? Was it polyphonic or just each part in its own register?
    If you have a few minutes- please take a look at my story, in my journal
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread87400.html
    I do warn you, I am a copious writer.

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Got to make the chocolate pots - but after I ditch some weight.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Definitely polyphonic - most of the choir members are accomplished singers and can spontaneously set up some nice counterpoints. Of course we sing Happy Birthday quite a bit and so it familiar and practiced.

Slept great and got my wish. Woke up to a torrential downpour. So peaceful lying in the dark with the kitties listening to the rain. It is still raining off and on but I think it is supposed to move out today.

Had mate/black tea with cream but now I am hungry, so I will cook up some eggs.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

PRO199 is offline Senior Member
    I enjoy laying back listening to a good rainfall too. Sort of like natures way of rebooting my attitude on life.
    Follow my progress at ->Journal: My Body Revival

Welcome Pro! Nature lovers always welcome here!

This morning I wanted something different and once again Nom Nom Paleo to the rescue: Savory Coconut Pancakes | Award-Winning Paleo Recipes | Nom Nom Paleo. I added about 1/2 cup of mashed sweet potatoes to the batter and only used 2 eggs. Delicious and delicious! This can go either sweet or savory. I accompanied mine with my spicy beef roast and it was great. Cannot wait until her preview comes out on July 1. (Although I don't want June to rush by.)

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedidoc View Post
    Got to make the chocolate pots - but after I ditch some weight.
    I'm making these when I get to goal weight!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

I've had a great day. Went to the pool and had a really fun time. Lifeguard training was in progress again. I got a wild hair and played a prank. They were all at one end of the pool, listening intently to the instructor, and I was swimming my laps...again and again I saw the dummy lying on the bottom of the pool. Without really thinking about it, I turned at the wall, swam about 5 yards and dove to the bottom (9 feet), grabbed the dummy and swam off with it underneath me. No one saw. I came up to the far wall and hung out with my arm around the dummy. Finally the instructor saw me, pointed and...started laughing. Then she asked me if I wanted to be the victim. I didn't really know what that meant but, sure. I held on to a weight on the bottom of the pool and waited for someone to come for me. As soon as they touched me I let go and let myself be a dead weight. They would bring me to the surface, tow me over to the side and haul me partway out of the water. I was very self conscious the first time but I quickly got over it. The trainees were pretty nervous, as you can imagine, and their nervousness made me lose my awkward feeling. They practiced all different ways, singly, in pairs, and in threes. Only one time did they pull me completely out of the water using a board because that is obviously a bit harder on me. The other times they just lifted me out to about hip level. It was fun. I think they will all make good lifeguards.

Then I went to Rite-Aid and got a crock pot. Didn't go there to buy a crock pot, but it was $8. It is really small, has only one setting. Right now it has pork chops in it. I have an equal number of pork chops in the oven as a test. I am thinking it will be good for making bone broth. One problem I have is getting enough bones to make it worthwhile. With my tiny freezer, I can't save them up. But with this little pot I think it will be easy to make stock whenever I have even a few. I can leave it for a long time and just add more water if I need to. And it will be good for making soup, which I love. I will report back on the chops.

Also visited the thrift store with $20 my mom sent me for my birthday. I got a really nice tray, something I have been wanting because I often eat sitting on the sofa or in an easy chair rather than at the table. It is a thick, heavy wooden tray, perfect for lap eating, will not easily knock over. It has a loon on it, hand painted. Also got a really, really nice Talbots skirt and a Lily Pulitzer skort, each $1. Can you believe it? And a nice flat sheet for my sleeping cave cot. As is common here in Maine, it is quite thick, almost like a light blanket, and very good quality. All this was $15.

Also a trip to the hardware store yielded stakes and twine for my tomato plants, small bungee cords, a nail (alas, too big), and vacuum cleaner bags. Very exciting stuff.

Okay, I will admit I like shopping and bringing home the things, spreading them out and admiring my purchases. I'm just a big kid.
    Last edited by Siobhan; 06-08-2013 at 01:54 PM.

I've decided to stop feeling guilty about my growing wardrobe and closets full of thrift shop finds. Why shouldn't I have some nice things to wear? It's not like I am breaking the bank to have these nice clothes. I am going to enjoy them and drop the puritanical "Oh, I shouldn't have stuff. I should deny myself and be all ascetic." Screw that! I'm gonna dress up in my finds whenever I get the chance and never pass up the opportunity to buy something I like for $2.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Someday I will have to go through my journal and pull out all my recipes.

Pork chops. Rub them with salt, pepper, and Southwest Seasoning (mostly smoked paprika). Let them come to room temp if you dare. Cut up some onions and carrots and remove skins from garlic, chopping off root ends. Put all of this in a slow cooker or in a pan. Pour some chicken broth mixed with olive oil and mustard over the chops. Turn on the slow cooker or bake in a 350F oven until it's done. Oven should be about 1 hour 15 minutes or so. Slow cooker, who knows. The divine aroma will attract any carnivores in the area, and make vegans weep. Let it rest for a while before eating because meat always needs to rest before the rigors of being eaten. Eat it, fighting off any carnivores that happen to be in the area. Save the leftovers because you will really want them tomorrow.

Can you make stock from pig bones? I'm giving it a try.