Page 286 of 507 FirstFirst ... 186236276284285286287288296336386 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,860 of 5070

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 286

Siobhan is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Last night I slept in my regular bed. Checking the moon phase calendar (you have a moon phase calendar, don't you?) I see the new moon is tomorrow. So I am planning on sleeping in my regular bed as it will be quite dark. Must be in sync with nature. I'm making up my sleeping cave into a sofa/lounge area. Will be great if it rains hard, I will be able to sit there with a book and the rain pounding on the skylight a few inches away.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

"I'm trying, Hank. I'm trying." - Siobhan

Okay, massive cleaning spree over. I swept up embarrassing amounts of dust bunnies. Actually, they were more like elephants. Feeling a little nauseated and have a slight headache, probably from inhaling stuff I shouldn't. Have all the windows open and am kicking back with a kombucha.

Played a fun game with Oboe. He is one of those cats that enjoys being covered up with a blanket or a sheet and reaching his paws out to catch things. It must come from being good at hiding from prey. I used to have a cat that loved to actually be made into the bed. I would worry and finally drag him out after fifteen minutes or so. I was afraid he would smother! Of course he never did and he hated to come out. Oboe didn't scare me that badly, although he was annoyed when I abandoned the game after a few minutes to go back to cleaning. He didn't play much when he first came here, now he is playing more and more. I put a harness on him last week. I would love to train him to be on a leash; I could take him outside for short periods. He did better than I thought. I will try again and be consistent. I would love to take him to sit with me on the meadow rock in the sunshine.

I have some birthday emails to answer, better get to that!

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

ecks is offline Senior Member
    The idea of a cat on a leash is still weird to me. I grew up with cats that just went outside for extended periods of time and came back when they were hungry/cold/wanted to come say hi. Hell even the cat that is at my parents place now (was mine, now my parents) goes out almost every night and for most of the day! He's been part of the family for 10 years, we live near a main road (house backs onto a busy street) and we've never had problems with him being out!
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

In some parts of the world, letting cats or any pets roam is frowned upon for many reasons. One major one being that cats often kill birds, especially songbirds, and most species are experiencing significant declines. I'm just a renter, and I am sure my landlord would not like my cats pooping in his garden - I wouldn't like that either. And fleas/ticks with Lymes disease rampant - no way do I want to deal with that. All the dogs I know have had to be treated at least once for Lymes. People around here who let their cats roam have a much more matter-of-fact attitude towards losing them than I do. I listened in horror as one of my co-workers casually said she had found her cat frozen to death last winter because the dog door had frozen shut and he couldn't get in. She was just going to 'get another one, no big deal.' It's a big deal to me. We have foxes, fishers, raccoons, coyotes, you name it, as well as the usual cars. Well, I could go on and on, but you get the idea.

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    I think it's funny. We walked the iguana on a harness on a leash, when the boys had one. You should have seen the stares!
    Female 52 travel for business monthly
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

I have a friend who walked his iguana on a leash! Of course that was in California!

tomi is online now Senior Member
    I saw a man walking down the street with an iguana draped around his neck - and it was huge! had to be 3 feet long! That's pretty weird to see where I live.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    Ugh...Lizards...Why does it always have to be lizards!
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 27.5

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Happy Birthday, yesterday, Siobhan! 25 is a great age
    Think about the feel of looser shirts
    Keep it simple
    Eat really tasty food

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Glad you had such a nice birthday. Belated greetings!