Page 281 of 590 FirstFirst ... 181231271279280281282283291331381 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,810 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 281

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    As a kid my family used to do something similar to shakshouka... Essentially we scrambled eggs, cooked them half way... topped them with pizza topping and covered until it cooked completely the whole way through. We just called it "egg pizza".

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.n...25498745_n.jpg

I'm posting a link to one I did some time last year instead of the photo itself as this is not my journal.
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    I think there is a Turkish dish that is very similar, the eggs are scrambled instead of poached in the sauce. Back in my SAD days I used to make breakfast pizza ALL the time and not just for breakfast. I'm sure I could make a nice brekkie pizza with Brazilian cheese bread. Isn't it funny how all these traditional ethnic dishes are primal? I have a cookbook from the library called Jerusalem and all these Middle Eastern things are primal, or can easily be made primal.

Went hiking and recorded my time and the things I did/saw for the volunteer trail thing I am in this summer. It is nice to find a volunteer position where I can make my own hours.

I'm having a nice glass of Chardonnay as soon as I finish this. I haven't been drinking much lately, just don't feel like it for some reason.

Oboe is helping me type this. He poses by the computer, looks so regal!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Most middle eastern dishes are made primal... and then then muck it up and use bread to scoop it up... story of my life growin up
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

That's why I'm embracing eggplant. It soaks up the spices and sauce so well. I was also brought up with bread. Not just bread; Wonder Bread! I don't know why Mom didn't just feed us the sponge from the kitchen sink. Not her fault, of course, she was told by everyone in authority that was the best thing.

Off to a good start this morning. Went to prayer group for the first time in weeks (work has kept me from going). Had a bowl of chicken soup and now am off to the pool. It is a beautiful, beautiful day and I will go hiking later on.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    I'm hoping ecks starts a primal middle-eastern restaurant It would be so famous, he'd have to open up a second restaurant in the northwest!

I used to use tofu to soak up really good tastes. It was simple and yummy. Darn those soybeans!!

If ecks opens a restaurant, I am definitely making the trip! And I will expect the best table, or maybe I will be put to work in the kitchen washing vegetables or cutting up some grass-fed beast.

I used to try to eat tofu, but it always upset my stomach - one of those things that always made me wonder. Always being told it was healthy, etc., but it never agreed with me.

Today is not out of control but close! I came home from swimming and errands very hungry and had two beef patties, then a smoothie. Either one of those things is normally a meal, not both! Just had some rice crackers with almond butter and honey, now having a Bengal Spice tea with cream and honey. Lots of carbs!

Watching a show about lions.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    If you're feeling the need to "feed" then you're body must need it. Don't worry too much - I'm sure your body has settled nicely into its new weight and the occasional splurge on calories isn't going to do any damage.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Yeah, as long I don't continue on this pattern I will be okay. I think maybe I need more fat as opposed to carbs. Carbs only make me hungrier, even if they are safe or primal. I have to emulate the lions, although I won't be climbing up any trees to steal an antelope from a leopard.

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    But a good sale at the co-op or wrestling bananas from the cats.......
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Actually, I just heard a noise and upon investigating found Oboe on the top shelf of my bathroom cabinet among my many bottles of lotions and potions. Upon seeing me he took a flying leap, sending everything in all directions. Luckily I also have the reflexes of a jungle cat, and managed to catch the one glass bottle! Picking up all of the bobby pins, brushes, etc. provided me with a great deal of exercise. Not sure how he got the cabinet open as I always latch it (it blows open otherwise). I must have been careless, he couldn't possibly raise the latch. Then I came back here and read your post!