Page 280 of 511 FirstFirst ... 180230270278279280281282290330380 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,800 of 5110

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 280

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Saw this comment on Pedidoc's journal:
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Let me know how you like the Barre3, I keep thinking about it, but I'm afraid of starting something that I won't stick with.
    I have this DVD: Total Body Lift Workout with Sadie Lincoln - 40 Minute DVD | barre3

You can be preview workouts here:
    barre3

And YouTube has videos:
    barre3 - YouTube

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Thank you so much, I will check that out! It sounds fun.

Don't know where to start. Very, very tired after working three pretty challenging nights. Still, I feel I did a good job and made a difference in some people's lives, and that makes up for the physical challenges. But it was a bad week physically. I have a torn ligament in my left foot - no idea when I did this. My persistent lower back problems are minor but very annoying and worrying. And TMI coming up - I've developed a painful hemorrhoid.

Slept well despite it all, although not long enough. Got up and had bacon and eggs. Went to the store and stocked up. Then a 1 1/2 hour cooking session. Cooked chicken and made a huge pot of chicken soup with my own homemade stock. Mixed up momo ground beef. Roasted eggplant for future use in shakshouka. Then I just had to go swimming. It was like heaven gliding through the cool water. Hardly anyone there! Sat in the sauna and a tiredness came over me, it was all I could do to shower and get home. I had meant to make a steak and brussels sprouts but I am just too tired. Heated up the soup I just made instead. It is really good! I have a gin and tonic made and waiting for me. (No drinking on the computer.)

My sister and BIL will arrive tonight in Maine but stay in Augusta and tomorrow they will drive here. Unfortunately it is going to be rainy all weekend, I don't know how I will entertain them. I had planned a garden visit and a boat trip...yikes. We don't have a whole lot of indoor stuff at this point.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Shakshouka sounds like fun.

You could take a hike in the rain and then return to shashouka and a hot soup and some nice hot meat. It's been raining a lot here. I love it.
    Think about the feel of looser shirts
    Keep it simple
    Eat really tasty food

Unfortunately my BIL is deathly allergic to cats, so I can't have them in here for any length of time. Even if I could shut up the cats somewhere, which I can't, he can't be in the environment. But maybe today is not going to be so bad, we might be able to tour the garden anyway and even do the harbor tour. The boat has a large indoor area, pretty much of a must in these parts. It is all still beautiful even though a bit damp and it is not cold.

Woke up very early and very energetic and cleaned the place as thoroughly as it has been cleaned in a while. Embarrassing how long it has been since I completely swept the place end to end. It is shedding season, after all! It's wonderful now that it is done. I have plenty of time to relax with a cup of tea, shower, go to the drugstore and get BIL some Claritin D.

I had the steak and brussels sprouts this morning. Very delicious and filling too so I won't need to worry about eating for some time.

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    A harbor trip sounds delightful. If it's chilly, bundling up and drinking hot mochas / steamers / tea / coffee is such fun. Hope you have a wonderful time. A true cat allergy must be terrible. Is he allergic to all animals or just cats?

You are brave -- brussel sprouts and steak for breakfast. Just had my chai with half and half, a little honey, and turmeric
    Think about the feel of looser shirts
    Keep it simple
    Eat really tasty food

Yeah, I'm weird with the breakfast. Even when I was SAD, I liked to eat dinner things for breakfast. Never liked waffles and pancakes and stuff. Unless it was later in the day!

It has just poured and I am hoping that means it will clear a little - enough to be outside for a bit. I am probably dreaming, though.

BIL is pretty much allergic to all animals, although he loves them and the family had a dog for most of the time - a hypoallergenic standard poodle. He is really and truly allergic, not a cat-hater or anything. I feel bad for him because I would hate to have those sorts of problems.

Whew, don't have time to post much but just popping in to say once again, my hat is off to all of you who live with non-primal folk. It's not the will power, it's just that it is so hard to stay on course when constantly surrounded with processed food and fat-o-phobes. And I'm not used to being with people so much! It was really nice but exhausting.

I'm off to see Star Trek.

Wow! I really enjoyed Star Trek! What an entertaining film! Okay, that is a lot of exclamation points. The resemblance of the actors to the originals is uncanny. Apparently in the future extreme pulchritude will be a requirement for female Star Fleet officers, and women will still be wearing bras and panties. I find that unusual given the changes in women's undies in just the past 100 years, but hey, one must suspend disbelief to enjoy these things. Snarky comments aside, I loved the film. Want to see it again!

I am really looking forward to getting back to eating clean. I didn't eat any grains, but I had some rice and corn. Corn! Yuck. The good news is that there is a new Mexican restaurant here in town! It is okay. It is better than I expected, the food has real spice in it and I am pretty sure they can mix a nice Margarita. I didn't have one since my sister and BIL are teetotal, but they seem to know what they are doing behind the bar. I might have to indulge in one at some point. That is where I had the corn. I had a spicy beef thing that had corn and beans in it. That was the best choice. I wish they had fajitas, that was be my favorite even before primal. Or carne asada or carnitas, but that is just too much to hope for. Still, I will take it.

Had a great morning so far. Was quite cold last night! I was all snuggled up in my cave. Got up early to go birding. We saw some great birds, warblers and also a yellow-billed cuckoo which is quite rare. Worked up a powerful hunger and came home to a large bowl of shakshouka. I seem to like this more every time I eat it! I recommend putting eggplant at the bottom layer. You will not miss bread at all if you do. I roasted an eggplant last week, I have one serving left. Also a lot of chicken soup and some spiced ground beef. So I'm all set with food for a couple of days at least!

Enjoy Memorial Day, everyone!

Very lazy day after the early morning birding. As I sometimes do, I felt tired in the early afternoon, and I read and dozed off for a couple of hours, then woke up very energetic. Ate some chicken soup and leftover steak and now am ready to go out hiking.