Page 279 of 511 FirstFirst ... 179229269277278279280281289329379 ... LastLast
Results 2,781 to 2,790 of 5110

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 279

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Your co-worker uses the same logic that climate change disbelievers use everytime it is snowing. It's infuriating. Good for you for speaking your mind.
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 27.5

Coll is online now Senior Member
    I always think of CS Lewis's line about (I am sure to misquote it somehow) how many times the biggest problem is not the evil that people do but the fact that no-one stands against them!! (see - I did mangle it). All that to say - good for you speaking up against that kind of behavior!! You GO girl - proud of you! Oh, I am looking into getting a membership at a 'relatively' close pool for the kids and I. They don't know how to swim yet and I think that no matter how nasty I look and feel in a swimsuit they need to learn.... you have got me thinking this way, thanks
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 218 lbs
    S.T. goals: stabilize hormones, JUDDD, sleep early and long
    LTG: Find my sweet spot with which foods work for me and start losing weight
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

Just take it one bite at a time ...

ragwort is offline Member
    One word - Karma: what goes around comes around. In my experience it always happens. How brilliant of you to stand up for this most unfortunately ill man. It is v v hard to believe that someone would gloat over such a serious condition. I have discovered that since I have been in my 50's I don't care what other's think and can now be spurred to verbal action. Usually this occurs when someone is incredibly rude to a young person at the checkout. I can't believe how arrogant some people are!!

Well done you x

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Thank you all for your support! Yes, I was astounded that she would say such a thing, but to be perfectly honest, that is the kind of person she is. I'll be seeing her tonight for a short period of time, can't say I'm looking forward to that.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Quote Originally Posted by Coll View Post
    Oh, I am looking into getting a membership at a 'relatively' close pool for the kids and I. They don't know how to swim yet and I think that no matter how nasty I look and feel in a swimsuit they need to learn.... you have got me thinking this way, thanks
    You go! The kids will love it! And always remember, no matter how bad or how good you look in a suit, there will always be someone who looks better or worse. And on top of that, it's not about looks. I was the same way - worrying about putting on my suit, being in a locker room in a state of undress with stranger, or worse, acquaintances, held me back for a long time. I am so glad I finally made the leap. And I always think this word is corny, but it is true - it is empowering to face this type of fear and overcome it. And the kids should learn to swim - it's one of those basic life skills, like cooking, driving, packing a suitcase.

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Busy busy busy! Didn't get too much sleep but I'm not feeling it yet. I have one more night after this, then I am off for a week. I need a break, and I will be happy to rest my back. Of course I plan to move around and get plenty of exercise, but I won't have to do things like lean over patients and pull and tug at them, move beds around, reach way, way over to push things into the wall, etc.

I've been eating too many carbs lately. Isn't it funny how they just creep up? They do. Horrid things. Today is a good day food-wise, though. Had a two-egg shakshuka. Must remember to get an eggplant, as that sauce just cries out for eggplant.

I'm completely wacky over my cats. Sometimes I sit here at work and think about their beautiful faces and wonder what they are doing. (Of course they are sleeping!)

Very busy at work last night. Yes, I am needed. It is a bit of a relief to be busier. For a while it was so slow I was getting a bit worried about my job.

Came home to a flurry of chores. I timed things wrong - it was a mistake to roast the chicken and make the broth on work days. I won't do that again. The broth turned out great, though. And the soup is the best I have ever made. Cream and sriracha, that is the secret.

The shakshuka has had an alarming and rather disgusting effect on my digestion. Nuff said. But that won't stop me from eating more.

Back to work tonight, then I am off for a week!

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Back to work tonight, then I am off for a week!
    Hope you have something fun planned!
    Female 52 travel for business monthly
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

My sister and brother-in-law are coming to visit. I'm not totally looking forward to it, my sister and I have never really gotten along or been friends, and I don't like my BIL much. We're just really different people. But maybe it will be fun.

Here I am at work, pretty tired on my third night. Quite busy. I will be so glad to get home. I have to figure out some tactful way to ask my landlord not to use his power tools when I am sleeping during the day. The disadvantage of living over the garage!

I guess I am just a homebody. Lately I just don't feel very social. I haven't called my friends or planned anything, nor do I feel like doing so. The nice weather should have me out and about all of the time, but I really just don't feel compelled to make plans. I really could be a hermit with no problem at all.

PrimalCon New York
    Need to mention my chicken soup is delicious. I am eating the last of it right now. Cream and sriracha - that's the ticket. Funny I never put cream in soup before.