Page 278 of 590 FirstFirst ... 178228268276277278279280288328378 ... LastLast
Results 2,771 to 2,780 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 278

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Great pics.. I have some precious ones with DH and inside or outside cat on him, both sleeping.. Never both cats together, no love there, but each has a most loving relationship with their dad.

Btw, I am really enjoying the Collected Works of Joseph Campbell, Hero w/a thousand faces, and I bought today Story of the Minack Chronicles, Somewhere a Cat is Watching and Sun on the Lintel. You're such a great life coach

Yep, sauces make the chicken.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Judy, I am so thrilled you are reading Joseph Campbell and will soon have the Minack Chronicles! I think you will enjoy them. Derek Tangye is a wonderful writer, you feel you are there with him. And he was quite ahead of his time in many ways, an environmentalist although that label didn't exist then. He hated pesticides, loved the natural world and felt we need to live in tune with it, and in tune with ourselves as well. He didn't let his cats kill birds and they were beloved members of his family, not mere pets. He was adamantly against cruelty towards animals, either wild or tame, and in fact he let wildlife eat his crops if he could not find a humane solution. Reading these books is especially poignant to me now, as I am living in a place that is not so unlike Cornwall, and his books were instrumental in my deciding to come here. Funny how things work out.

Campbell was a sheer genius - an exemplary example of what might happen if one does indeed, as he urged, "Follow your bliss." He devoted his life to everything he was passionate about and and influenced millions. No one has ever, to my knowledge, combined religion, myth, and philosophy in such an accessible and exciting way.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Well, the chicken all got made into soup. Pretty wonderful soup. I chopped up onions and carrots (that is all I had, no celery on hand) and sauteed them in ghee, then added all the chicken stock I have on hand. Simmered it for 20 minutes while I chopped the chicken. Added pepper (Do I need to bother to say fresh-ground? Is there any other kind?) and TJ's 21 Seasoning Salute. Ten more minutes and then I put some in a bowl, added cream, sriracha, and lemon. It was so good I had another bowl. Put the rest in containers, and now the carcass is being turned into more stock.

It has taken me awhile to come around to the whole ghee thing because it is either expensive or inconvenient, but it really is superior to butter for most any kind of cooking IMHO. It doesn't cook away, lends a great flavor to the finished product. Coats everything better than butter, probably because there is no water in it.

The food co-op is trying to start up a community kitchen! They are going to finish the upper level of the store, currently empty, into a kitchen that can be used for community dinners, cooking lessons, all sorts. I am extremely excited about this and dug into my wallet to contribute a little.
    Last edited by Siobhan; 05-21-2013 at 07:25 AM.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

A skunk got into the garage! Since I live over the garage, this is a problem. Not sure what I am going to do about this. Of course, the skunk might already be gone. Hopefully he/she has moved on.

Went to sleep late this afternoon and woke up 15 minutes before I normally leave for work. No time to eat, and I was pretty hungry. Raced around. I had the chicken stock in the oven and I couldn't leave that, it had to be strained and put in the refrigerator.

Had an unpleasant confrontatino with a co-worker, but I don't regret it. A man in another department, a very nice guy, family man with young children, a hobby farm, very health conscious, recycling co-ordinator, etc. suffered a dissected aorta. The good news is that he is expected to make a full recovery. I cannot stress enough the seriousness of this condition. He could have died or ending up needing a heart transplant. So this little chickie in my department that frankly everyone hates, is very, very unhealthy and brags about feeding her child strictly junk food, was actually gloating that health nut Joe had this terrible thing happen to him. Can you EFFING believe that? I laid into her and it wasn't pretty. I ended my rant at her by telling her to be sure to smoke half a pack of cigs on the way home. I don't regret it. She needed to be spoken to.

hell yeah

BZM
    BZM is offline Senior Member
    I'd have paid to see that. Good job! :thumbsup:

Hoo, even the spambot likes my rant! (Not)

Busy, busy night!

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    How sad to be happy at another person's misfortune. The range of human behavior, never ceases to amaze me. I just pray that we do more good than evil, and hope I am not that way myself.

canio6 Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    A skunk got into the garage! ... I don't regret it. She needed to be spoken to.
    Sounds like a skunk at home and at work. Well done for saying what needed to be said.