Page 276 of 590 FirstFirst ... 176226266274275276277278286326376 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,760 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 276

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Yes, I owe that goat a lot! He did me a favor! And I haven't had a cupcake since. Goats are cool.

Major shopping expedition to the next town (where I work) to the discount department store. I got proper blackout curtains for the doors to my cave - they look very theatrical! They are perfect. Also got some ordinary curtains to replace the disintegrating blinds on the French doors. They will be very nice - they look better than those nasty old blinds and they cover better also. Also some potting soil, some birdseed, an inflatable mattress for my cave. The cot is comfortable but I want it to be INCREDIBLE. And I think the day is coming when I will sleep there all of the time because of the heat.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Today I have done a lot of chores and also caught up on my PBS science programs. Lots of stuff about Neanderthals. Another example of how weird I am. I think it is totally cool that we are part Neanderthal. Everyone else is freaked out about it. I must be more Neanderthal than they are.

Hung up my curtains in place of the blinds and am very happy. All the curtains I bought today are machine washable, which is huge in my book. I didn't hang them well - still needs some work! I need to figure out a couple of things and get a couple of wooden dowels

Also bought a small square pan that I think will be good for making a tapioca pizza crust. Will report on this.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Well, choir practice was good but tiring. I am pretty tired this week. Not sleepy - tired. I need a vacation. Came home hungry. Wrapped some goat cheese in prosciutto and lightly heated it in a frying pan. The prosciutto gets a bit crisp and the goat cheese is warmed. Put that on a tapioca bread. Seriously delish. A few almonds and some chocolate chips. Made up a new batch of tapioca bread and put it in the refrigerator. It is better if it sits for awhile. Almost forgot - the pizza turned out well. I poured maybe half a batch of tapioca bread batter in the 7-in square pan I just bought, baked it for 20 minutes at 400F. Flipped it over and baked it another 4 minutes. Put the toppings on it and baked it for 5 or so minutes. Very nice. A pizza you can pick up. I cut it crosswise, corner to corner, so I had wedges. Thoroughly enjoyed that! Keep in mind I haven't had a real pizza in well over a year. The tapioca crust is very crunchy on the edges and stands up well to the toppings. I think the 7-inch pan is a very good size. Big enough to be worthwhile but not big enough to be soggy in the middle.

Well, time for bed.

Feeling a lot better this morning. Although I didn't rocket out of bed at 6:30, in fact I lazed for an hour, I feel much less tired. Of course it is time to go back to work tonight! I slept in my cave with the inflatable mattress under the thin mattress. It is very, very comfortable and also a few inches wider, which makes a huge difference. I have the doors and windows open, it is a little cool but so refreshing. The cats love it, they are going from window to window to door. I got some birdseed and have put some out on my balcony in the hopes of attracting birds for them to watch. (ONLY watch)

Feeling kinda hungry, not sure what to eat. Probably eggs.

Many chores this morning - easy ones - and swimming - and the usual rounds to post office and library. Got two books at the used bookstore, thankfully small ones. Embarrassingly enough one I already own, but it is OOP and I could not resist the hardcover with intact dust jacket. It is A Cat in the Window by Derek Tangye. He achieved a fair amount of fame several decades ago with his stories of life on a flower farm in Cornwall. He and his wife gave up a rather glamorous and successful life in London to live in a cottage with no electricity or running water and grow flowers for market. They had a remarkable life that they shared with many pets through the years. This particular book is the one that started it all - Tangye, a cat hater, was tricked into getting a kitten by his wife...you can guess the rest. The final page of the book tells of the cat's death of natural causes at a ripe old age, and is possibly the most moving passage I have ever read. I opened the book and read it in the bookstore and tears sprang immediately to my eyes. I shut it quickly and hurried to purchase it before I started crying for real. Sometimes it is good to cry, though.

Made some more chocolate pots. Even though I used a thermometer I cooked the egg yolks! No harm done, though, I simply strained them out. They taste just fine and are beautifully custard-y despite not having much egg. I'm pretty happy with having these around as a treat as they are quite primal. They are almost paleo! I think I am better off with a little chocolate pot instead of opening a chocolate bar and possibly eating way too much of it. Also adds coconut to my diet.

Well, I had better hang up my blackout curtains and get some rest.

Here I am back at work. I didn't post at all last night! That's a first. The geeks played a horrible trick on me and blocked Google Chrome for some capricious reason, so not only did I lose all my favorites, I have to deal with IE, which is horrible. I really need to find the $$$ to buy a tablet or notebook to bring to work and not deal with the work computer, which obviousy I shouldn't be using for personal stuff. Yes, absolutely everyone does, but I would feel more comfortable not doing that.

Doing fine food-wise. During my working days/nights I am not worrying about food as long as it is primal. I just can't stress myself like that and why should I? I just had some seaweed and a banana. Must go do some actual work now.

I bought a loaf of Rudi's gluten-free bread - rice and potatoes, mostly - and I am sad to report that it is pretty good. I had a piece of toast with butter. Once a carbaholic, always a carbaholic. Will be okay as long as I don't eat the whole loaf at once! Or start putting sugar-laden jam all over it. Also had a large bowl of leafy greens with BV and EVOO.

Pretty busy night here. There have been some scary changes and some people have lost their jobs - people I would never have thought were in danger. The surgeons and anesthesiologists have been outsourced! The people who have been here for 20 years are out and now we have new people who work for a separate medical group. Welcome to the future.

Have been eating the most delicious thing ever. Take goat cheese with herbs - wrap in prosciutto - cook gently on each side until cheese is warm and proscuitto is crisp - put it on a tapioca bread and enjoy one of the best things you will ever put in your mouth.

Also testing my coconut oil/baking soda deodorant. I got a new LL Bean t-shirt because I had a coupon and it was almost free. I have noticed that pretty much all my old t-shirts have nasty underarm stains, so we'll see if this new one remains stain-free. Could not be worse than the Ban-Rollon stains!
    Last edited by Siobhan; 05-18-2013 at 09:19 PM.

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Sounds yummy!
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Would be a good accompaniment to a salad, methinks.