Page 274 of 590 FirstFirst ... 174224264272273274275276284324374 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,740 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 274

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    My landlord has been mowing and there is cut grass everywhere. I threw handfuls up into the wind and watched them fly away.
    Almost childlike in the freedom of action. Love it!
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Since I feel like I am about 8 years old, that's appropriate!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    I just planted geraniums in the front porch, so hope your frost doesn't come this way. Funny. I grew up in Hollywood where geraniums were year-round and I had huge bushes. Here they are annuals. Have you ever wintered any of your plants? Wondering how the cats would deal with that! Thinking you might have experienced both -- wintering and the cats' involvement

I had a terrible time at first - BW Cat wouldn't leave them alone, and geraniums aren't good for cats. Luckily (?) he threw up all the leaves he ate! But then he got tired of them. Yup, I'm from Los Angeles where they grow and bloom all the time. But I don't miss the concrete jungle, even though it is warm a lot of the time.

I grow grass for them - I think it's rye grass. I have a little container and a packet of seeds that I keep going all of the time. They love it. Also they have a catmint plant.
    Last edited by Siobhan; 05-13-2013 at 07:40 PM.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Your felines are so loved and well cared for!!!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Yeah, I like to think my cats won the feline lotto. But whatever I do for them, they give back a thousand times. I wouldn't be nearly so happy without them.

Work was grueling last night, but satisfying. I feel like I have made a difference and done some good things. I hope so. A lot falls on me, working in a small hospital like I do. But it is a team effort and the dynamics have been good lately. It is both good and bad that I get very fond of many of my patients, as I live in this same small community, go to church with them, and care for them in the hospital over months and years. Obviously as a healthcare professional I have to keep my emotions under control and be careful about letting the heart rule, but on the other hand, caring about people is what makes it all worthwhile.

Broke my glasses just as I was leaving for work last night! Disaster! I grabbed my old ones, but I just couldn't see well enough. So I taped up my broken ones and wore them, it was quite a sight. Luckily the optometrist opens at 8 AM and the assistant was able to fix them perfectly in a few minutes. I am eternally grateful They are the half-rimless style and have a sort of fishing line type thing around the bottom, which broke but is easily replaceable. But she did chastize me for putting tape on them - which I deserved.

This morning was had a uniform company come to sell us scrubs and shoes. Bliss! I was able to try on some scrub pants and get some really nice ones that will make me feel good. They fit but are not tight at all, very comfortable and nice looking too. They are olive green cargo pants, and really look a lot like regular old cargos that anyone would wear. They were a bit on the pricey side for scrub pants, but now that I know my size and brand I can order more at a discount if I so choose.

I am determined to go through my clothes and wean them down ruthlessly. My closet will only contain things that I look great in, are not too shabby, and feel good wearing. There is no reason to hang on to old stuff I never wear or have anything that is less than 99% perfect.

Just had my American/Brazilian BBQ. Broiled a spicy ground meat patty, a grass-fed hot dog, and a chicken sausage. Accompanied this with avocado, salsa, and sour cream. Had some very crunchy bell peppers. Very, very satisfying. Opened the blueberry mead and had a small glass - my head is spinning! I'm overtired, both physically and emotionally. Need some downtime and some really good sleep.

I am listening to the audiobook "Hero with a Thousand Faces" by Joseph Campbell. It is so good! I was so excited when I picked it up at the library. I saw it on the shelf and was acting like a little kid. "There, there! To the right, the second shelf!" The librarian laughed so hard. She knows me and how excited I get about books. I can't believe we have such things as public libraries. I am amazed every time I walk through the door. With interlibrary loan, the resources that are available absolutely free are astounding, truly astounding.

Back to my audiobook, and to a cup of Bengal Spice, and an early bedtime.

Slept great last night. Got up and fed the felines and spent some time with my prayer book. Then I climbed back into bed and listened to my audiobook for awhile. Did some chores and had some spicy meatballs and a cup of coffee. Now off to the pool. It is a beautiful day, sunny and cool. Must get in a hike also.

Weighed myself also, the first time in awhile - 134. Happy with that. I'm glad I seem to be able to maintain this weight without trouble. When I curb the sugar consumption, I don't get hungry or crazy. Sugar is truly my Achilles heel. The last few days have been good, no sugar-wise.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    You are an inspiration! You are at the weight I long to be!!!! Keep up the good work
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Thank you! It is do-able. I am so happy that I stumbled into this way of eating and living.

Just went for a bit of a splurge. Gulp. Got highlights and a haircut. I just felt au naturale was too frumpy. The hairstylist just moved here from San Francisco. I really like him. He did a great job. I hope I can send some business this way. But mercy, the money I have been spending lately!

Swim was good, very relaxed. Didn't have loads of energy so I took it easy. There were weird guys in the sauna. Harmless but weird.