Page 273 of 590 FirstFirst ... 173223263271272273274275283323373 ... LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,730 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 273

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Oboe sounds so sweet - a real people cat! I am so glad to hear that you are hot flash free! Much more restful I think. Have a lovely day ... hope your swim is uneventful and that the pool is quiet
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 224.8 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Pool was very, very quiet - I had it to myself! There was a class of babies and their moms in the therapy pool. I had a very relaxed and low key swim. No pushing myself today. Sat in the sauna for a ridiculous amount of time. Long shower. Came home very hungry and ate up the last of my latest batch of carnitas with avocado, sour cream, and salsa. Great stuff. I can report the avocado keeper worked fine, despite my crooked cutting. Also had a chocolate pot and a hard cider. Does anyone else find that a large meal in the middle of the day works well for them? It certainly does for me. Now I am cleaning/defrosting my refrigerator. What a pain! On the other hand, it insures that I actually clean it out thoroughly fairly often.

Cloudy day but quite warm. I wish it would pour rain, real torrents. I don't know why, just think it would be cool.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Cooked up my turkey burgers - whew they are hot! I realized I used green chiles in the first batch and jalapenos in this one. The lame grocery here doesn't have green chiles. Arrrgh! I'll have to check the store in my workplace town. But I also have to use up the jar of jalapenos. I like them, but it is a bit much. But the turkey burgers are good and I will have no trouble eating them.

I was going to have an American-style Brazilian BBQ tonight but I think I will be too full. I have been thinking of cooking up a bunch of different meats - sausage, burgers, pork, beef, bacon, etc. Whatever I have. Making a cucumber salad or something refreshing and digging in. Maybe tomorrow.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Well, I am getting my wish! It is pouring rain.

And here I am at work. Sick callout, so here I am. Cha-ching!

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    I loved the Sad Cat Diary!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

I've watched the Sad Cat Diary at least ten times and I laugh harder every time. "I will sing the song of my people." "Soon I will starve to death. This may be my last entry."

Was pretty darn tired after working last night with no rest, but I slept very well in my cave. The last three nights (or days) I have slept great. I'm a bit tired still, but that is to be expected. When I think of the money I made, and the fact that this is a 3-paycheck month (happens twice a year) I get very happy. I will be able to get ahead. Also, my propane use has dropped dramatically with the warm weather.

Woke up pretty hungry and had a couple of turkey burgers. They are just okay. The turkey doesn't stand up to the spices. Beef is better. Also an orange. I imagine the cara cara oranges will disappear from the store soon, I will be sad. And the food co-op has green chiles, hurray!

After three days of rain, the sun is coming out.

campanella is offline Senior Member
    It's been a while but I want to tell you, after scanning your journal- your choral performance of the Requiem is something else, this is coming from a sacred music afficiando - it was a stunning performance even on video.

Thank you so much, campanella! It is wonderful hearing from people and learning the performance is being enjoyed. I still think about it all of the time. It was a wonderful experience, lots of work but worth all of it.

Very early dinner last night - around 5 PM and then went to sleep before 10:30 PM. Woke up early feeling rested and happy about 5:30 AM. That seems to be my new pattern and also seems to be the amount of sleep I need - 7.5 hours. Throughout my life I have noted that when things are well and I can sleep as I need to, I always end up at that number. Had a cup of mate/black tea and went to the pool, where I had a really nice swim. Towards the end - TMI coming up - I had that unmistakable feeling of urgently needing the commode. Normally I take care of that BEFORE I leave my home but sometimes it doesn't work out. Was not very nice using the Y facilities, sitting there shivering. Struggled back into my suit (wet suit and wet body = not easy) and went into the sauna for awhile. A weird guy with that skin problem like Michael Jackson was in there exercising. (This guy is white.) Anyway I enjoyed my heat bath. Went to the grocery store to stock up on primal goods and walked around feeling unaccountably happy. Meat manager gave me some ground beef that he can't sell. Something about being bits that were left over when they packaged the meat, and they can't mix stuff from different suppliers. I am happy to take it. Free beef, free fish - not sure why I am given free stuff at the grocery store. Pretty sure I don't look poor and I don't pay with an EBT card. I say this because there is LOTS of poverty here. Got some strawberries, which are on ultra-sale right now, and turned a pound of them into sauce which I will eat with sour cream or kefir and maybe in smoothies.

Working tonight and feeling good about that. Oddly, working on Saturday night when my co-worker was sick made me feel really good about my job. I guess it was because of the camaraderie that comes from working a difficult night (several sick calls) and from feeling needed. Also an elderly gentleman that I know from church was admitted, and I notified our pastor and a couple of people at his request. They thanked me profusely via email and it was nice to receive those. Feeling like I'm actually making a positive contribution.

Beautiful day today, sunny and cool. I was thinking about putting the geraniums outside but I think it is still too early.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Definitely too early! We are supposed to get a frost.

Beautiful outside. I walked (almost barefoot) around the property, down to the water and visited my tree friends. They are very old and wise. They are singing with joy that spring is here. My landlord has been mowing and there is cut grass everywhere. I threw handfuls up into the wind and watched them fly away. It is very windy today.