Page 272 of 511 FirstFirst ... 172222262270271272273274282322372 ... LastLast
Results 2,711 to 2,720 of 5103

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 272

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I laughed so hard I cried:

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Feeling very lazy today. Am I entitled to a down day? I want to go to a play tonight although I have been unable to find a companion. All my friends are out of town or busy. I am going to go anyway. I think I will just hang this morning and maybe wake up later on. Oddly, I feel like having a glass of wine and kicking back. Too bad it's 10:30 AM. I'm all turned around.

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    I laughed so hard I cried:

That was so funny!! DH and I are now THE AUTHORITIES in this household

Cave Bird is offline Member
    Sio, i use DHC products too, I love them! Great quality, and they always have good sales. OK, here is a Kombucha question: I love the taste of it, love how i feel after drinking it...but am I the only one who is grossed out by the mother? There is nothing worse than slurpping it up in my straw, blehhhhh! Are we supposed to eat it, or drain it out first or what???

I can't watch that video you just posted, as I'm at work, but I can't wait to get home and check it out!

I really like DHC products, and even though they seem expensive, they are very generously sized and very concentrated, unlike drugstore products, for the most part. A bottle of cleanser costing $18 will last for months, making it more cost-effective than the drugstore $8 cleanser that lasts for a month. And I think their products are great. The only problem is narrowing it down as I want to try everything! Yes, I am a lotion and potion whore.

I think a lot of people are grossed out by the mother. It is perfectly edible, but you don't have to consume it. I like to drink it down in front of other people who gag and retch at the sight. But I've got an evil streak. Also, for some reason I like it.

Went to the botanical garden, which is a wonderful, wonderful place near my home. Hard to believe we have a public garden of such quality here on the peninsula. Meant to only stay a short while, but I ended up staying for a couple of hours and walking all over. There are also wonderful hiking trails connected to the garden. Had a coffee with half-and-half. The sun came out and I rolled up my sleeves and pants legs and basked. It has become quite warm today, enough to be a little uncomfortable for many people here who have no tolerance for heat. I stopped at the library on the way home and the poor librarian was red-faced and headache-y.

Lunch was my tasty burgers, avocado, and a glass of wine. I got some ground turkey to try with the new recipe. I also got one of those avocado keepers we were talking about a while back on someone's journal. It was only $2. I didn't cut the avocado absolutely evenly, so it might not work, at least on that spot. Worth a try, though.

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    The day I found out and confirmed that avocados kept great in the fridge was a happy day, indeed.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Love the video! I will have to share with the other "authority" of the house! My favorite part was the 1/2 empty food bowl and impending starvation! What would we do without our furry little felines?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

Anyone seen "Broadway or Bust" on PBS? It's about 60 high school kids who go to New York and perform on a Broadway stage. They are amazing!

Went to see Macbeth. A modern production, and as seems to be the fashion it was staged as a horror show. Very scary and creepy. Grueling and realistic fight scene which must have taken many rehearsal hours and lots of sweat. Then I had to drive home in the dark and the fog. White knuckles indeed! The car ahead of me got pulled over by a sheriff, which added to my jitters. When I got near home and the speed trap area I set my cruise control. Sure enough, a cop was waiting there in the dark!

And I noticed today that the food co-op has several paleo books! Woot! Obviously there are other cave people nearby. I have to figure out how to find them.

PrimalCon New York
    Slept great last night. I have been thinking a lot about how wonderful it is to be free of hot flashes. A couple of times I have just thought, "I'm having a hot flash!" and then realized that I was just hot. Like at choir practice the other night, when someone turned the heat up to 80F. I saw that everyone was sweating and knew it wasn't just me. And I am equally grateful to be rid of the horrible chills that followed. It is so wonderful to lie in bed all warm and comfortable, or reading a book with a nice fuzzy throw. Those were things that I could not enjoy. I won't take them for granted any more.

Oboe is a computer cat. He loves to sit on my lap when I'm on the computer. Of course this is not convenient, but it is rather charming. He licks my hands while I'm typing, a rather strange thing.

I had a tibetan burger this morning on a tapioca bread. I was going to have a sweet potato also, but it had a funny off-taste. I rarely throw away food, but that went in the trash. Weird. I wonder why it was like that.

Pouring rain today but warm. I'm going to swim soon.