Page 271 of 511 FirstFirst ... 171221261269270271272273281321371 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,710 of 5103

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 271

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Hi Siobhan

I get busy and I don't read all the posts I want to, then when I find some time I try to get caught up. Always, when I come to your posts, I have to go back and read everything I missed. I also take notes This last time I have a 1/2 page of things I want to look up, try, or read!

Duolingo
    Chocolate Pots
    Coconut oil and Baking (is it Soda or Powder? I think you typed both??)
    Morning Thunder Tea (I love Celestial Seasoning's Bengal Spice - Have you tried that one?)

Just to name a few.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    (I love Celestial Seasoning's Bengal Spice - Have you tried that one?)
    I've converted an entire office to that evilly addictive brew. Indeed, I'm sipping it now. Visitors drop by, sniff, and say 'ah...cinnamon!'
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm!

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    I had kombucha on the brain today, so had to stop off after work and pick some up. Thoroughly enjoyed a chilled glass of Rise Lemongrass flavour.

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Hi Siobhan

I get busy and I don't read all the posts I want to, then when I find some time I try to get caught up. Always, when I come to your posts, I have to go back and read everything I missed. I also take notes This last time I have a 1/2 page of things I want to look up, try, or read!

Duolingo
    Chocolate Pots
    Morning Thunder Tea (I love Celestial Seasoning's Bengal Spice - Have you tried that one?)

Just to name a few.
    She's our primal life coach

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Okay call me stupid........... I have no idea what Kombucha is........... I'm looking it up.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    It's this really weird fermenty stuff that sometimes has the "mother" in it. Whole Foods has it. Really fun. I like the green one. Some has more alcohol than others. Hope you get to try it. It's pretty big up here in the NW Almost yuppyish Tee hee.

Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Okay call me stupid........... I have no idea what Kombucha is........... I'm looking it up.
    Think about the feel of looser shirts
    Keep it simple
    Eat really tasty food

marcadav is offline Senior Member
    I've gotten on a kombucha kick lately too. Alternating between multi-green and cherry chia right now. Picked up a grape chia to try while I was shopping today.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Hi Siobhan

Duolingo
    Chocolate Pots

Just to name a few.
    Baking SODA, definitely. Sorry if I typed powder. Very different stuff.

I LOVE Bengal Spice. I have it hidden at work, otherwise my co-workers would 'borrow' it. Great stuff!

Check this out: Duolingo | Learn Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, Italian and English for free

And this: Mexican Chocolate Pots de Crème (Dairy-Free!) | Award-Winning Paleo Recipes | Nom Nom Paleo. Seriously fun to make. I feel like a real chef when I make them. Don't be intimidated by the recipe, it is very easy.

Kombucha - addictive in a good way! I understand it is a fun and rewarding hobby to make it yourself, something I should check out although I have no room whatsoever for fermenting tea. I imagine there are many, many local microbreweries making this stuff. I love the local stuff, Urban Farm Fermentary in Portland, ME. They also make a hard cider that I would like to try, but I've held off because that is not quite so healthy as kombucha!

Enjoy enjoy enjoy!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

“I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.” - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

My expensive skincare products catalog has food and recipes in it - yesterday it came with a very tasty looking meat dumpling concoction. Kind of Tibetan style. I made it into little spiced burgers. Onion, ginger, garlic, jalapeno, coconut aminos, fish sauce, couple of eggs, pound or so of ground beef. I mixed it up last night and when I took it out this morning to cook it I almost swooned at the aroma. It is in the oven right now and even more swoon-worthy. Another ten minutes, can't wait!

Slept great. Woken by feline alarm clock and also the bladder alarm clock. I read somewhere a long time ago that some Native Americans used their bladders as alarm clocks. (Of course they had no clocks.) They knew that drinking a certain amount would wake them at a certain time. But I slept six hours without waking at all, bladder or no.

Saw Oboe playing with Slim Cat for the first time today. They often sniff each other and sit side by side, but I hadn't yet seen them actually playing.

“I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.” - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Well, let me tell you - it was a happy day when this catalog arrived in my home. Here is the recipe:

DHC FOR BEAUTY AND HEALTH: Fine Foods

Of course I modified it. I didn't make dumplings, I made burgers. Used coconut aminos and fish sauce, no soy sauce. Didn't grind up my own meat. Added a couple of eggs. Just mixed the ground meat, eggs, and spicy bits all together and made them into patties. Mixed sour cream and salsa together for a bit of a sauce. This will be my new favorite burger recipe. The house smells divine.