Page 270 of 512 FirstFirst ... 170220260268269270271272280320370 ... LastLast
Results 2,691 to 2,700 of 5117

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 270

Siobhan is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    And yeah, those wicked foods! I have to be really careful about what I bring into the house.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

The Magic of Kombucha

I mention kombucha a lot but haven't really talked about it in depth. It is one of those things that seems too good to be true. For someone like me, who doesn't like sweet drinks but wants something with flavor, i.e. not water, it is the best. And I have always noticed that my consumption of kombucha seems to help in both weight loss and sugar cravings. Other fermented foods don't have this effect, although they are good for other things. I am always suspicious of wild claims for any food or drink but kombucha seems to have almost magical properties for me. I drink a locally made brew, outstanding stuff. It is fermented for a long time, contains just over 1% alcohol so you have to be 21 to purchase it! Insane.

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Wish I could help - I'm not too good at troubleshooting. Maybe this?

Brahms Requiem on Vimeo
    Oh, Sio, that was so great!!!! I loved the still shots every few minutes; you looked fabulous.. and, yes, you are little~yay
    It had to be hard to sing for that long, wow!!! I am keeping this on my iPad.. And sending to my mom

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    I really enjoy kombucha too. Not the berry fruity flavoured stuff, but ginger, citrus or lemongrass. I don't buy it often as it's kind of pricy, but it's marvelous stuff. I always offer hubby a taste, and if he tries it, he always shudders. Probably because it of the tart sourness, which is the big appeal for me. Haven't had it regularly enough to know if it has any significant effects, but it's supremely tasty. I've considered brewing it, of course it would only be me consuming. You should give brewing a go!

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    I think I will try making some.
    Another project..goody!

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Wow! I just listened to the whole "Brahm's Requiem." That was absolutely amazingly beautiful. I marvel at singers, seemingly normal people, and then that beautiful sound comes out of them. It is unfathomable to me how one could do it. And then to do it with a group so flawlessly with different voices doing different things and the music. All those lovely instruments. That is when you can really feel G-d. It was so intense. It would take at least a few days to return to normalcy after the performance, I imagine.

I listened to it after one of those dreadful conversations where one has to listen to 20 minutes of someone complaining on the phone about her miseries, and now, after your choir's performance, all feels good. So, for the first time in years, I am not depressed after the conversation. I am just happy. It was like a prayer. Hard to explain, but wow, it was really and truly beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing it with us.
    Think about the feel of looser shirts
    Keep it simple
    Eat really tasty food

Wow indeed! You are right, it was an intense and surreal experience. So much work by so many people. It means a great deal to me that you found it uplifting and I am so glad. The music itself is brilliant - a work of genius - and we worked very hard to do it justice, not just technically but spiritually. It is something I would like to share with everyone.

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    The spirituality and the genius definitely came through. Oh, yes.

For those of you who listen to it, give yourself a good hour! It is so so beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Wow indeed! You are right, it was an intense and surreal experience. So much work by so many people. It means a great deal to me that you found it uplifting and I am so glad. The music itself is brilliant - a work of genius - and we worked very hard to do it justice, not just technically but spiritually. It is something I would like to share with everyone.
    Think about the feel of looser shirts
    Keep it simple
    Eat really tasty food

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    I really enjoy kombucha too. ... I always offer hubby a taste, and if he tries it, he always shudders.
    I shudder when I take a sip of Honey's Dr. Pepper every six months or so. But I still take the sip. I consider it medicinal. It DOES have 'doctor' in the name, after all!

PrimalCon New York
    I think the first time I tasted kombucha, I almost spit it out...but then a few minutes later I thought....hmmmm....maybe I'll try that again....that was a couple hundred bottles ago! Being the oddball that I am, I never liked soda. I used to drink Diet Coke because, you know, the usual CW reasons. Like I thought it would help me maintain my weight. I was somewhat addicted to it. Luckily I broke that addiction about a year before I discovered primal and so it was one less thing to deal with. I swear the company puts something addictive in that stuff - something not caffeine. Actually now that I think of it, my 3-4 bottles of kombucha per week (max) cost about the same as Diet Coke did, since I used to drink 3 or 4 a day and often purchase them from the vending machine at work.

Was very, very tired when I went to work last night but I got my second wind and the night was quite pleasant. Work-wise it was very good, a great improvement over the previous two nights. I was quite energized by the end of the shift and went swimming. That was all good. Slept quite well for four hours or so and then woke up very, very hungry. Again, the beauty of a primal kitchen, I can't get into too much trouble! Had chicken sausage, two scrambled eggs, tea, and then later a chocolate pot. I'm not worried about the chocolate pots any more. For one thing, the major ingredient is coconut milk, the next is dark chocolate and two egg yolks. What's the problem with that? No added sugar, just what is in the chocolate, and the serving is very small.

Spent some time playing with my beautiful felines and listening to the Joseph Campbell/Bill Moyers interview. I can't get enough of them. Now I need to read everything Campbell ever wrote, a big project!

Have gone back to the beginning on Duolingo Spanish in order to really, really learn it. I need to get the basics in my head (and tongue).

Church choir tonight. I listened to my choir's Brahms Requiem in its entirety last night. Really, not to brag, but we are quite good! We did come in on the wrong note. But then we got on track. The orchestra and the soloists are magnificent.