Results 2,661 to 2,670 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 267

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Housekeeper once a week........
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I think people's cleanliness and tidiness standards are TOO HIGH! As long as we can move around without tripping, and aren't catching anything, it is clean enough!

Within sight of me as I type this, these items, not in their correct places:
    Ripped up cardboard and paper(by dogs) on the floor
    Two piles of school things
    One pile of magazines
    One stack of library books
    Eight socks
    Two pairs of shoes
    Pile of papers 'to be sorted' (ha!)
    College binder
    Litllest's knitting
    Box of yarn
    Cannister of knitting needles
    Two birthday bags
    One grocery tote
    Four movies not put away

It will all be easy to take care of, but whats the rush? I've had better things to do, and I could be doing stuff like that all the time, and still have more to do the next day. So I let it wait for MY convenience, not someone else's standards.

Of course, before any one comes over I run around like mad!

P.S. Been using your coconut oil-baking soda deodorant. I really like it.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    The moral of the story is that I should just relax about the housekeeping! Or get a partner or a housekeeper, neither of which is likely.

Glad you like the CO+baking soda. I can't believe how well it works. I would never have dreamed it would be effective. Summer is coming, which will put it to the test. Well before I was primal I wished I could find an alternative to Ban Rollon. The ingredients just don't seem like something you should smear on yourself daily! But nothing was effective and at worst I was allergic to stuff like the crystal. Try having an itchy rash in your pits...but no worries now. Every time I open I my bathroom cabinet I think about how I could probably get by for most everything with CO and baking soda - teeth, check. Moisturizer, check. Deodorant, check. Hair conditioner, check. Also I can eat it! Well, the CO anyway.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

“"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    Does the Oil in the CO stain your clothing? I had a rash under my arms some years ago and switched to Tom's deoderant thinking I might've developed a sensitivity to some of the chemicals in the Mennen speed stick I'd always used. The rash turned out to be fungal and once it cleared up, all of my shirts had to be tossed because they all had greasy underarm stains from the Tom's.

So now I am back to Old Spice Deoderant, full of Aluminum and Ick.
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 27.5

It doesn't amazingly enough, and that was a concern of mine as well. I was afraid I would ruin all my shirts. You might try it out on the weekend with some old thing you don't care about.

The pool was freezing! I couldn't stay in. My queries about the temperature fell on deaf ears. They are always a little cagey about that. I went in the therapy pool just to be in the water and it was hot hot hot! My guess is that is why the pool was cold. The Laws of Thermodynamics would indicate this. Oh well. An off day is okay.

“"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Okay, don't know if I should report this or not, but I just made Nom Nom Paleo's Chocolate Pots. Unbelievable. Recipe here: Mexican Chocolate Pots de Crème (Dairy-Free!) | Award-Winning Paleo Recipes | Nom Nom Paleo. Make it an your own peril. I'm pretty scared of having all these little chocolate pots in the house! So easy, too.

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Those sound rather yummy! Maybe I should try them as an alternative to downing bars of chocolate ... will have to make sure everyone else likes them or I'll be scoffing too much again!

What amounts do you use for the deodorant? I have tried the coconut oil with some essential oils in as deodorant and found it worked pretty well - but it is cool here and is not really being put to the test.
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

I don't measure it - I just put some CO in a little container and mixed in some baking powder. I dip two fingers in and that's how much I use. Not very helpful, I know. But it's a fairly small amount. Maybe I should mix in some lavender, that would be nice.

I'm not sure you should make the chocolate pots. They are just too, too good. I've eaten two already. I used 60% cocoa Ghiradelli chocolate chips instead of chopping up bars. Very dangerous for me to make these as there is no one else to gobble them up. The cats, of course, detest sweets and chocolate is poison for them anyway. (Good thing they won't come near it.)

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Oh my, those chocolate pots do look excitingly dangerous. Must try at some point. For a dinner party, perhaps. When we were visiting friends in Nova Scotia, she made the chocolate avocado mousse that I'd read about but never tried. Amazingly delicious and rich. Tonight I fried a banana in butter & cinnamon, added a drip of maple syrup and a few walnuts, which carmelized in the pan, and topped the lot with mascarpone. Most heavenly.

Fried bananas are one of my favorite things, and very dangerous things they are! Your concoction sounds delicious. I could eat that three times a day, sadly.

Must go vote, one of my friends is running for selectman. What is a selectman? I have no idea. But he'll be good at it.