Page 265 of 590 FirstFirst ... 165215255263264265266267275315365 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,650 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 265

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    I've been following my own advice - the Sugar Dragon was visiting me way too often and I felt a little out of control. I've been eating larger meals than normal and if I really, really feel hungry something with protein and fat. I think I have a tendency to subconsciously hold back when I am eating a real meal in order to justify a sugar treat later on.

Have already had my swim this morning! It feels good to swim very early. I have some brussels sprouts roasting in the oven and some very thin steaks ready to broil.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Brussel sprouts. Yummy! I don't know why, but in our neck of the woods, it is about impossible to get organic ones. Sounds like a good meal. Fun to think of you swimming early. For some reason, it makes me think of running along the beach early in the morning. Cold sea air and seagulls and such. I better get some beach time in before the tourists descend in full force. It's okay though. My favorite time at the beach is in the winter.

I have trouble getting myself motivated to swim early because of my perception of cold - it's weird, but if I'm not warm at home, I can't get up the initiative to go to the pool, which is ridiculous. The pool is always the same temp! I'm just strange. OTOH I have no trouble making myself go for a walk or a hike when it is cold.

Just spent some time rooting around in storage and looking at some things that have been packed away. I need to rotate my knick knacks. Pack away the stuff I have around and get out some different things. Oboe loved the storage area, a long area under the eaves. I had to haul him out twice and then he pawed at the door for some time. Cats!

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Maybe the solution is to swim later at night then? When you've had a full day and your body has warmed up. I used to take a nap after work then go to the 10pm swim at a local swimplex.
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Alas, the pool closes at 7 PM. Also, it is full of kids at night. Living in a small community does have its limitations! But we are lucky to have such a nice brand-new pool. The next nearest pool is about an hour away, and it is quite old. I was trying to go before I went to work, but it was too frustrating with the kids all over, jumping into my lane (super dangerous), whistles blowing, loud music. I'm just an old fart, I guess.

Just ate a sweet potato. I can't believe I used to put sugar on them. They are so sweet already.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Alas, the pool closes at 7 PM. Also, it is full of kids at night. Living in a small community does have its limitations! But we are lucky to have such a nice brand-new pool. The next nearest pool is about an hour away, and it is quite old. I was trying to go before I went to work, but it was too frustrating with the kids all over, jumping into my lane (super dangerous), whistles blowing, loud music. I'm just an old fart, I guess.

Just ate a sweet potato. I can't believe I used to put sugar on them. They are so sweet already.
    I don't blame you for not wanting to swim when its full of kids.......... they do tend to think everyone should get out of their way! And the sweet potato + sugar thing ............ yup - I used to put brown sugar and cinnamon on mine! Now - just buttah! yums!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    I like them with just cinnamon - sweet potatoes, not kids!
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Kids are pretty good with cinnamon, too!

This reminds me of a shirt Littlest has. It states, 'I love Mormons' on it, and every time she wears it, I can't help but mentally add 'with gravy' to it.

Kids with cinnamon...mmmmm...definitely primal!

Despite not wanting to actually be at the pool at the same time, I am very glad the kids and the teenagers have the pool and the Y available to them. If it weren't for the Y, those kids wouldn't have anywhere else to go. They'd be at home, sadly for many of them not a safe or healthy environment, or vegged out in front of a TV or a video game, or drinking beer and smoking pot in the woods. This doesn't stop me from wishing the Y had an adults-only pool. But you only get facilities like that in much larger communities, and at a much greater cost. I actually save money going to the Y. I calculated it - since I shower there most of the time, the hot water I use costs more than my membership, which is subsidized by my employer. When I do shower at home, it's just a quick rinse. Amazing, really!

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    That's quite the bonus! If you think about it - they pay you to come there! woot woot!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation