Page 264 of 511 FirstFirst ... 164214254262263264265266274314364 ... LastLast
Results 2,631 to 2,640 of 5110

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 264

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I have a new love - Morning Thunder tea from Celestial Seasonings. It is a blend of mate and black tea. With light cream and coconut oil. Pretty heavenly. Reading Perfect Health Diethas renewed my commitment to IFing. I had always seen it as a weight loss tool, but now I am seeing it for the long-term health benefits. I've never had yerba mate before.

Slept very well indeed. On my nights off work, particularly the first night after working for awhile, I find I get very tired around 9 or 10 PM, but if I punch through that, I get a second wind and can easily stay up into the wee hours. In fact I often find it hard to fall asleep. So I think it better to get to sleep early, and I sleep through for at least 6 hours. Then a quick trip to the pee room and I sleep for another couple of hours. Much better habit. Here it is 7 AM and I am fat-bombed and ready for the pool!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

marcadav is offline Senior Member
    Siobhan, my daughter is here -the one tempting me with salted caramel ice cream. I made brazilian cheese bread using your tweaks. She told me to tell you that your changes made it more flavorful and better overall.

Thank you so much! That is nice to know. I often wonder if my tastes are overly idiosyncratic since I only need to please myself. In fact I have some in the oven right now!

Went to MetOpera's HD broadcast of Handel's Guilio Cesare. Outstanding as always. I didn't know anything about this opera and it did not disappoint! Kind of exhausting, actually, as it is basically one stupendous aria after another, with an occasional duet thrown in, for over four hours. You really never get a rest. Whew! I went alone as all my opera-going friends are in Sedona. To be honest I like going alone. I can spread out over a few seats, move around as much as I want, run around the block at intermission. Don't have to explain why I'm not eating cookies and scones.

Swimming was very good this morning but the sauna was a bust. There was a weird guy exercising in there and another guy talking with him. I hate it when people chit-chat in there. I want to relax, not listen to some inane conversation. And it is always inane, never interesting. And the exercising is just weird. It is too small for someone to be doing wall pushups and toe touches and so forth. It's just icky. Okay, I will stop complaining about my First World problems now.

This morning I had turkey meatballs and a leafy green salad before leaving for the opera, about 10 AM. Still not hungry!

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Wild cooking spree. Carnitas are in the oven right now. They were preceded by dinner, which was scrambled eggs, Brazilian cheese bread, and prosciutto-wrapped asparagus. Did you know that sour cream makes for very delicious scrambled eggs? It does. And be sure to pour in the whey that separates out. Mixed up some more batter for cheese bread as that works so very well to keep some in the refrigerator. Maybe a cheese bread pizza tomorrow? Listening to my favorite jazz program. Called in and talked to the DJ for awhile.

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Wild cooking spree. Carnitas are in the oven right now. They were preceded by dinner, which was scrambled eggs, Brazilian cheese bread, and prosciutto-wrapped asparagus. Did you know that sour cream makes for very delicious scrambled eggs? It does. And be sure to pour in the whey that separates out. Mixed up some more batter for cheese bread as that works so very well to keep some in the refrigerator. Maybe a cheese bread pizza tomorrow?
    Do you deliver?
    Female 52 travel for business monthly
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Maybe I should! A primal pizza delivery service - hmmm, I think there are possibilities there -

Well, my pizza was a failure, but it was edible and I learned from it. I didn't cook the crust long enough initially, nor did I have a proper pan. I would be better off just making my little 3-inch rounds and making them into pizzas unless I want to invest in some other type of pan. But it tasted okay, and I ate it all(!)

Had kind of a weird afternoon. Was so tired! I used to be like that all of the time. I slept for an hour or so. Then I went for a little walk down to the water. I sat on a tree stump for awhile and let the sun soak into my arms and legs. I saw a bald eagle! Then I sat on my balcony for an hour or so and read the Boston Globe, which has an extensive and detailed story about the bombers. It was strange to sit there in the the quiet with the birds chirping and the sun shining and read about that horror.

The carnitas are in the fridge waiting to be eaten (not all at once) but I'm not really hungry. I'll decide what to eat later on.

Dinner last night was a bit odd, but sometimes that just happens - I had some rice crackers with liver pate and olives, and then I had a protein smoothie. Went to sleep very early - I couldn't stop dozing on and off all evening - and slept very well all night. Woke up at 6 AM, thankfully not hungry.

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Also, I am tackling the Sugar Dragon head on and so am doubling down on primal eating. Even when I was CW, I found that eating heartily from healthy (however you define it) foods is key to staving off those sugar cravings. Calorie restriction + sugar cravings = Bingeing. Once the sugar crap is out of your system, you can push yourself back from the feed trough a little sooner. The Wisdom of Siobhan here, pay attention!
    Thanks for this piece of WoS . I've started a Whole30 today and I'm just going to eat when 'hungry' for the first few days. I want to start listening to my body again and make sure I only eat when truly hungry, but first I have to kick the sugar cravings!
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)