Page 263 of 590 FirstFirst ... 163213253261262263264265273313363 ... LastLast
Results 2,621 to 2,630 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 263

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Oh yes, that is the first thing I noticed! Yes ecks, the stuff is orgasmic. I don't say that lightly. I got it at my local co-op, but it's all over. I went to their website and am impressed with the production. Not primal, gelato could never be primal, but it very good nonetheless.

The funny thing was, I didn't have a craving - I opened the freezer (at work) and saw it, and opened it, and basically fell in headfirst...

Just woke up. Slept very well, no sign of the hot monster. Feel great and opened up the windows, it is cool but sunny and fresh. I wish it was always like this. The cats are populating the windows.

I am completely loving Perfect Healthy Diet and will probably add it to my library. What a great reference. It is crammed full of actual studies. I suppose it doesn't hurt that the Jaminets embrace sweet potatoes and bananas, two foods I can't help but feel guilty about eating even though they are primal. Just scared of carbs, I guess! Bananas - very carb-y things but I have continued eating them because they are delicious, versatile, and they are very satiating for me, despite not having protein or fat in any quantity. (Maybe none? I don't know.)

Another night of work and then I am off for awhile.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Sugarbare88 is offline Member
    I HAVE FOUND MY PEOPLE!!!! I love..I mean LOVE this brand!! It is seriously the only frozen treat that I try to literally wedge my face into the container!! I had to fight the urge to maim a family member who had took my SSC from the fridge and put it in the freezer! I..I am terribly sorry, I just get so happy when I find people with similar loves/weakness. Oh the memories I had with Belgian Milk Chocolate.....the whole pint demolished in mere minutes!! See the user name fits!

I also wanted to say, I have really enjoyed reading your post! Keep up the good fight!

Quote Originally Posted by JudyCr View Post
    It's at Kroger, too. Sinfully delicious.
    I have been successful at limiting myself to 2 spoonfuls..
    Serving spoons, LOL..jk
    And you must limit that to once daily, preferably every other day,
    Or that sugar demon will surface.
    I'm only buying a pint a month,
    and the sea salt caramel is my fave, OMG, so wonderful.
    Last edited by Sugarbare88; 04-25-2013 at 04:20 PM. Reason: Gelato excitement made me forget the most important part!
    BaconFist Master of Pork-Fu!!

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread83531.html

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cave Bird View Post
    Did you notice that the FIRST ingredient in the Sea Salt Caramel Gelato is....CARAMEL??? My local little market is now having a sale on the Talentis, 2 for $7.00. Sinfully delicious is right *sigh*
    Cave bird, that is a fabulous price!!!! I paid 5 bucks each.
    Yep, that caramel 1st ingredient jumped out at me, too.
    And those little square caramel candies, oh, lordy, may have to have some now,
    And I was hoping to skip today, dangit.

marcadav is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    I did have a major fail last night, though. Must confess. I ate 2/3 pint of Talenti Sea Salt Caramel gelato. Ah, we fall and we get up, we fall and we get up...
    Reading about about Talenti Sea Salt Caramel gelato here and listening to my daughter talk about how great salted caramel ice cream is had marcadav caving at the grocery store today.

I am now the, not so, proud owner of a 1.5 quart tub of french salted caramel ice cream. Good thing said daughter is coming for the weekend and that Siobhan lives across the country.

Wow, what a terrible influence I am! Oh well, at least gelato doesn't have any grains. And yeah, those little truffles in the Talenti are just about the best chocolates I have ever eaten. They are worth it even if you just fished them out and didn't eat the gelato - like that would happen -

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Oh boy............ we have a guilty pleasure gang forming here!!! I will happily not join in on this gathering of taste buds!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Yes, back away from the gelato...back away slowly...wave cross and garlic...

I guess I actually have some stuff to report. I've been experimenting with butter/coconut oil tea in terms of IFing and appetite control etc. It works pretty well! This morning I put off eating (at work) and by the time I got home I was really hungry - the gelato fiasco happened at 2 AM, so by 8 AM I was famished. It has been awhile since I tried to go to sleep hungry so I decided today would be a good day. I slept fine and woke up even hungrier. I brewed up some butter tea to tide me over until I could cook a proper meal and was surprised to feel my hunger dissipate. Was it my imagination? I've read bits and pieces about a shot of fat during a fast can rev the ole metabolism, and I intend to have a butter tea before going off to the pool on those happy mornings. I've done that a couple of times and it was good, so I need to stick to it.

Anyway, ate a very nice carnitas and scrambled egg lunch. Hours later I am still not hungry. I'm tucking into a cup of cinammon apple tea with butter and whole milk, which is mighty tasty. Actually, I'm dreaming about cara cara oranges, which I don't have any way of getting here at work. I hope the grocery still has them, I think it is the end of the season.

Another thing about PHD - they are down with tapioca. Safe starch and all. WOOT.

I've totally transitioned to my minimal shoes, Merrell Pace Gloves. I wear them all the time at work. I can't stand to think of wearing regular shoes now, which probably isn't good. I like my feet to be free! They were getting a little stinky - no socks, doncha know. I ran them through the washing machine and they came out like new. Machine washable shoes! What a concept.

On the down side, I'm having some twinges in my back, probably from sitting too much at this d@mn computer!

Not much to report. At the end of my shift had a great deal of excitement involving a neonate resuscitation. Luckily the new shift appeared before I died of heat and exhaustion. (With a newborn we work under powerful heat lamps.) I needed a shower very badly and decided that I might as well swim too. So I went to the pool and had a short but very relaxing swim and a long, long, long hot shower. Don't worry, I showered BEFORE I got in the pool as well. Came home and consumed the last of the carnitas, sorry to finish them. But of course there are always more carnitas in the world. Slept four hours or so and got up hungry again - very hungry lately! Had a chicken sausage and two eggs. Half a bottle of kombucha. NO HOT FLASHES. It's been days!

It's a beautiful day in Maine, truly wonderful. Daffodils and dandelions, trees budding out, forsythia rampaging its golden way. Sunny and cool. I walked all over the property and opened the windows. The cats LOVE that. Oboe and Slim Cat seem to be making friends. They get along the best of all.

Banged out a Duolingo lesson despite not being terribly motivated. I wonder if I should start over at the beginning and work my way through again? I'm at Level 5 and it is getting harder. I don't feel I have the previous material down 100%, although it would probably be strange if I did. I do feel I should be more comfortable with it, so I guess I have answered my own question!

A little depressed - a few of my friends here in town are on a holiday in Sedona and not only did they not ask me to go, they didn't even tell me they were going. I'm too sensitive, I know. That is the disadvantage of having friends who are both out of my age group and my socio-economic group. My friends are very nice people, wonderful people, but they are all older retired women with loads of money. They probably assumed, rightly, that I can't afford the trip and also that I have to work. Still, I wish someone had mentioned it. I guess it just never came up. Well, my cats still love me. They tell me everything in one way or another.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Well, you know the best remedy for the blues - primal living! Went out in the sunshine for awhile. Then went to the store for some great eats. Do you know Nom Nom Paleo? You should! I just feasted on Broiled Prosciutto-Wrapped Asparagus Spears | Award-Winning Paleo Recipes | Nom Nom Paleo. Also made the mustard marinade she links to for some thin steaks I picked up on sale. Yes, dinner was EPIC!

I recommend dropping your email addy into her slot and getting her notices when she posts something new. And if Mark's Friday Success Stories often leave you wanting more, her Forky Fridays are just the ticket.

Also, I am tackling the Sugar Dragon head on and so am doubling down on primal eating. Even when I was CW, I found that eating heartily from healthy (however you define it) foods is key to staving off those sugar cravings. Calorie restriction + sugar cravings = Bingeing. Once the sugar crap is out of your system, you can push yourself back from the feed trough a little sooner. The Wisdom of Siobhan here, pay attention!
    Last edited by Siobhan; 04-26-2013 at 04:52 PM.