Page 262 of 510 FirstFirst ... 162212252260261262263264272312362 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,620 of 5100

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 262

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I'm also trying to settle into a better daily routine. Like you, I have no one to tend to but my dog and cat. (loving that, btw) I work p/t - M-T-W afternoons, and Th mornings. I'm off Friday - but I take my mom shopping, do the business books/bills/housework that sort of thing. I'm trying to make better use of my mornings before work. All winter I basically just sit at the computer and waste a LOT of precious time! I recently starting working out to Barre3, so that takes a small portion of my mornings - but with summer coming I need to be focusing more on the yard! So, today I'm limiting my time on the computer, getting my workout done, and heading outside for a bit before I need to shower and go to work.

Healthier habits........ that's my focus as well. Good luck with yours!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

Siobhan is online now Senior Member
    Yeah, it is so easy to just p*ss away the mornings - they are gone before you know it. Once in a while is okay. Every day is not okay. And with the longer days and nicer weather I of course want to get out more.

Well, I thought I was done eating...I had a sweet potato baking in the oven, intending to mix it up with ground turkey for turkey burgers. But it was so perfect...almost melted, sweet, silky...I ate it all. Guess the Jaminet's book and their take on safe starches is working its way into my subconscious. I'm not sure I've ever eaten an entire sweet potato in one sitting in my whole life.

Well, off to bed again. I have to go to a training class before work so I have to hit the hay really early.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Oh, if anyone wants to add me as a friend on Duolingo - I'm not sure how it works, but on Facebook I am SJ Krane. I'm not really 'on' Facebook but I did sign up for it some time ago. You can add me as a friend or something like that on Duolingo and my progress will show up on your page, which might be fun and possibly motivating.

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Here I am at work. I had to attend a very lame training class before work and didn't eat before going. Was really hungry by 8 PM! Had some pate and a nice Gouda. Been working steadily, which is nice. Doing some good work tonight.

Oh, the spambots found my journal! They missed it last time. Now I feel special again.

Just realized that not only did I not have any hot flashes last night, I didn't even think about hot flashes. That is surely a milestone.

I did have a major fail last night, though. Must confess. I ate 2/3 pint of Talenti Sea Salt Caramel gelato. Ah, we fall and we get up, we fall and we get up...

ecks is offline Senior Member
    That gelato sounds damn near orgasmic! Seriously where do you find stuff like that!?
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Do you have Whole Foods. They have a good selection Talenti sorbets are super too!

Quote Originally Posted by ecks View Post
    That gelato sounds damn near orgasmic! Seriously where do you find stuff like that!?
    Think about the feel of looser shirts
    Keep it simple
    Eat really tasty food

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    It's at Kroger, too. Sinfully delicious.
    I have been successful at limiting myself to 2 spoonfuls..
    Serving spoons, LOL..jk
    And you must limit that to once daily, preferably every other day,
    Or that sugar demon will surface.
    I'm only buying a pint a month,
    and the sea salt caramel is my fave, OMG, so wonderful.

Cave Bird is offline Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Did you notice that the FIRST ingredient in the Sea Salt Caramel Gelato is....CARAMEL??? My local little market is now having a sale on the Talentis, 2 for $7.00. Sinfully delicious is right *sigh*