Page 261 of 590 FirstFirst ... 161211251259260261262263271311361 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,610 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 261

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Talenti gelato molto delizioso.
    Io sono viziato ora.

Seriously, is that the creamiest stuff ever??

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Yes, nothing else will be good enough from now on!

Had a great dinner - spicy chicken sausage, roasted eggplant. Slept great this afternoon despite the landlord working in his shop on power tools! Earplugs help. No more hot flashes! Hallelujah!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Mark's posts today reminded me that I have a gym right here at work and I have not been taking advantage of it. Especially for HIIT, which I can certainly do anytime. So I did! It only takes a few minutes. There are two bicycles, a recumbent and a regular. I did three 30-second sprints with one minute rest between, warm-up and cool-down - total around 8 minutes. It's a start. Lifted a heavy weight for a little while. There are a couple of sets of dumbbells, so I have a good choice. Ten lbs. is enough to get me to failure in around 7 or 8 reps.

Just cooked some bacon in the wave. BACON!!!!!!!!!!

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Got home and did a couple of Spanish lessons on Duolingo. Espanol es muy facile!

Slept great in my cave. It is so so so so so nice to be rid of hot flashes. Waking up nice and slow, all warm and cozy, instead of being jolted awake, feeling like I'm fire - or being jolted awake because I'm frozen, having fallen asleep uncovered and drenched in perspiration - there is really no comparison. It was like a form of torture, relatively mild compared to having one's fingernails torn out, but torture nonetheless. This also may be totally my imagination (probably) but my skin seems nicer. It was pretty nice before, but the texture seems improved, firmer. This is probably just wishful thinking. Hey, it beats the alternative, which is anxiously and obsessively looking in the mirror for wrinkles and blemishes. Glancing in the mirror occasionally and thinking, "Hey, lookin' good!" is a much healthier way to be.

I was lying in bed, thinking about getting up, getting hungry. Wanted something different. So I decided to see if sour cream makes a decent substitute for mayo and I can report that it does. Nancy's Organic Cultured Sour Cream can work for just about anything. I mixed it with tuna (Wild Planet - sustainable and high in omega 3) and a few good shakes of sriracha. I baked a couple of very, very thin cheese breads and voila! I had a really delicious tuna sandwich. Seriously hit the spot.

I have a meeting for the local land trust this afternoon, I have volunteered to walk the trails for two hours each week this summer, checking on things. Our land trust is conservation oriented, unlike many land trusts that are thinly veiled development groups that allow wealthy people to profit from development of land while not paying taxes on it. Should be fun. They are going on a trip to a wild animal sanctuary, which I will unfortunately miss because of work. Drat! However, I am grateful for my job and all in all it is better to work.

Feeling pretty stinky, need a shower! TMI.

Been meaning to post this for awhile -

My big three life changing reads -

1. The Paleo Diet - Loren Cordain
    2. Why We Get Fat and What To Do About It - Gary Taubes
    3. Mark's Daily Apple website

Currently I'm reading Perfect Health Diet by Paul Jaminet and Shou-Ching Jaminet. Excellent book, of course they are preaching to the choir. But I love the science geek stuff.
    Last edited by Siobhan; 04-23-2013 at 12:57 PM.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Are you keeping score of how many people are checking out Duolingo? Add me!

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Sio, i really love the Jaminet's book, too. Very science-y
    Another great learning site for you to ck out:
    MindSnacks - Learn Spanish, French, Italian, German, Portuguese, and more on your iPhone, iTouch and iPad

Great site, Judy! But I don't have any of those devices. Maybe soon. I am going to look at my finances and figure out how to get either an android device or an iPhone. Time to upgrade!

Had a delicious dinner of scrambled eggs and chicken sausage. Sounds simple, but sometimes simple is best. I added some sour cream to the eggs, threw in some chives, a little salt, and cooked them over low heat. Divine. I'm roasting some eggplant right now also.

Went to a meeting this afternoon to volunteer for the local land trust. I'm going to be a trail watcher this summer! There might actually be a desirable single man in the volunteer group, must investigate. Don't want to get my hopes up.
    Last edited by Siobhan; 04-23-2013 at 05:01 PM.

This week I am concentrating on building new habits. Good ones, that is. I was falling into dangerous ways!

The first thing I needed to do was add a bit of structure to my mornings. Living the way I do, it is easy to just while away the days - no alarm clock, no other human being requiring driving, feeding, etc. Now I get up, feed the cats, and make butter tea. I turn on the computer and do a Spanish lesson on Duolingo while drinking the tea. By now I can head to the pool - it is free at 9 AM. Nice swim - fasted - and back home to have a substantial primal meal. Lots of food. No grazing! This morning I had a large bowl of leafy green, chives, bell pepper with walnut oil and balsamic vinegar. Made tuna salad with onions, celery, sour cream, sriracha. My new take on tapioca bread is to make a very thin crispy round or two which can be used like bread or like crackers. Also had a small cucumber. Finished up with a Cara Cara orange, which is my new favorite food. Have you had one of these? Astoundingly delicious. Tastes like orange sherbet. Then a cup of turmeric tea with ghee.

Have had a real craving for tuna lately. Unfortunately this makes me smell like tuna. NOT good. I picked up my PJs off the floor this morning and was rather distressed to notice a waft of tuna. Yikes. Hopefully it won't happen today, my body seems to adjust to this sort of thing. I hadn't eaten tuna in ages.