Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 260

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    OMG, lopi, another brainiac!!!
    I have the talenti on groc list

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    And, Sio, you would make an eccellente life coach

Siobhan is online now Senior Member
    Just woke up. NO hot flashes. I'd have to look back in my journal, but I think it has been three nights and four days. It was so nice to be all warm and covered up in bed...and have it be enjoyable!

I left the Talenti gelato in the freezer at work. Yes, on purpose. Could not have that around the house. It will have to be contained as a work treat. I got the sea salt caramel. Would love to try the raspberry and the dulce de leche. (See how good my Spanish is getting!)

I should have chosen French for my first learning experience as I know a bit of it, but Spanish is very useful and I have always been embarrassed that I don't know any beyond "una cerveza, por favor." I am going to look up some Spanish or Mexican films on Netflix, it will be fun to start to understand. Last night I watched an Italian film, "The Salt of Life." I highly recommend it if you want some gentle laughs. Also the same actor, Gianni de Gregorio in "Mid-Afternoon Lunch."

Well, I have awoken hungry. Before sleeping I had four rice crackers with pate and a dab of sour cream. The food co-op has some really lovely pate by Le Trois Petits Cochons. Have to be careful with pate because a lot of it contains gluten. The ingredients are online.

It was raining when I went to sleep this morning, so lovely to hear the pattering on the roof. But now it is sunny and quite warm. Must get outside.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Hey! I made Comment of the Week! Again!!!!

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Just spent an hour or so on Duolingo. Figured out how to add French to my profile, but I'm going to concentrate on Spanish. The farther I get into it, the more interested I get, which is a real switch! As I progress, I will start translating articles on the internet. Can you believe that? Duolingo is basically a crowd-sourced language project. Redid my notebook, rewrote it into a more organized and easy-to-read format before it gets too unwieldy.

I had carnitas with all the fixings earlier, and dinner was Brazilian cheese bread with almond butter and a banana. So delicious! BW Cat is crazy over the cheese bread, he LOVES it. I think it is his favorite food. Cat after my own heart. Some of the recipes for cheese bread mention you can keep the batter in the refrigerator and just make what you need - I can attest that this is true; in fact refrigeration seems to improve it, depending on your taste. The tapioca is fully absorbed and the texture is crunchier and there is no gumminess in the middle. Personally I don't mind the gummy, spongy bits, but I know some are put off by it.

Went for a good walk at my favorite trail, about 40 minutes at a good pace on the hilly, rocky, root-entwined trail. Beautiful day!

ragwort is offline Member
    I didn't know about Duolingo and now totally hooked on the French course ... genius! Thanks x

Slept for eight hours! Not straight through, woke a couple of times. NO hot flashes until this morning. Had one just as I was waking up. It is fantastic to be sleeping again. I feel like I could sleep for a week. Last night I got into bed at 915, unheard of for me, and was asleep by 10. Woke at 1 but went back to sleep easily. Then hot flash at 6:30 when it was high time for me to get up. Also the creatures were stirring. Wondered what was going on, and found a toy mouse in the water fountain.

Am having tea with coconut oil and ghee. I need to get back to IFing. I haven't done that for awhile. Where was I reading something about a shot of pure fat in the middle of a fast to rev the ole metabolism?

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Cave sleep or bed sleep?
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Cave sleep! The best kind! I cannot tell you how much better I feel now that I am sleeping decently again. It is impossible to overestimate the importance of sleep.

PrimalCon New York
    Feeling unaccountably happy this morning. Went for a swim - the first in a week due to the pool being closed for maintenance. It was great. There were some pieces of thin black rope from the blanket installation on the bottom of the pool and I amused the lifeguards by diving for them. They are almost impossible to pick out with a net because they just don't move around much. I imagine I look pretty funny diving because I float like a cork and it is really, really hard for me to get past that first three feet or so. I have to do a half somersault and kick like a maniac. Not very graceful. It was fun fun fun!

Came home and broke my fast with carnitas, an egg, salsa, sour cream, and guac. I have been buying these packages with three single servings of guac, very economical. I just can't eat a whole avocado before it goes bad, or a whole container of guac. In fact the 'single serving' usually serves me at least two, maybe three times. I read the label carefully and get the one with the least stuff in it and definitely no sugar.

Cats are fed, errands done, time to get some rest for work tonight.