Page 259 of 515 FirstFirst ... 159209249257258259260261269309359 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,590 of 5146

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 259

JudyCr is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    magic sleeping cave=so primal

A horribly sad time in our country yet again.
    My thoughts and prayers to all involved.

Siobhan is online now Senior Member
    Well, that was quite a bit of excitement, wasn't it? Maybe the whole lockdown manhunt thing wasn't followed as closely in other parts of the country, certainly not in the world, but in these parts it was lockdown manhunt all the time until the unfortunate man was apprehended. I am glad it is over, there will hopefully be some resolution, i.e. the two brothers were just crazy vs. international terrorists vs. homegrown terrorists. I have to say this affected me deeply.

On the hot flash front: perhaps I am jinxing myself, but I went all night with no hot flashes. But, you say, you were at work! You didn't sleep. True. However, I have been horribly plagued by hot flashes at night whether I am asleep or awake. It has been just about as annoying during my long dark night shifts as it is when I am trying to sleep. I am praying and hoping that the herbs and/or the Vitamin E have worked magic. Of course I don't know which, but at this point I don't care. I'll sort that out later.

Just took a nice shower and am off to bed -
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    I am so happy that your hot flashes are gone. Sweating at unknown times when not the result of exercise or super hot weather is just NOT fun.

I am relieved the young man was caught. I have a brother and sister-in-law and nephew in Boston. Unfortunately, my nephew was adopted from Russia and looks just like the young man, so his parents were trying to keep him in the house and he was not appreciating that. Not that that compares to what others have gone through during this time, but there was a fear he might get hurt badly because of the high feelings. My brother, a brilliant genius type, but rather obtuse ended up in his huge building at work with no one else there. Authorities locked down the underground garage which meant he was stuck there (he lives in Arlington), and he was actually glad because he got tons of work done and a restaurant was open nearby (even though almost empty). He's in charge of engineering big bridges and things.

And I wonder about brainwashing and what was and is going on in the young man's head -- maybe not knowing what his brother was leading him into (conjecture on my part) and then seeing the results and then running over his wounded brother with a car, possibly -- hopefully -- unknowingly. What a mess. And I think about all the victims and their families and the victims and families from all the catastrophes all over the world.

I, quite definitely, think too much, I suppose.
    Last edited by lopisheep; 04-21-2013 at 07:06 AM.
    Think about the feel of looser shirts
    Keep it simple
    Eat really tasty food

campanella is offline Senior Member
    So, so tragic. I'm still in disblief. It's not far away from where I live and I followed every step and all I can say is, nobody won this game. Nobody wins in a hunt of a 19 year old kid.

It seems to get more and more puzzling for those of us who think - the boy was popular, athletic, ambitious - not at all the tortured loner that comes to mind in this sort of thing. And 19 years old! Will we ever understand, or know the truth?

Slept very well. No hot flashes! I am still guarded in my celebration of their departure. I did some research on Vitamin E toxicity and I am well within the limits. I am taking 800 mg a day along with the herbs. Obviously I will continue this for a couple of weeks and then reduce the amounts. For one thing, these supplements are expensive. For another, I don't want to take anything I don't really need. Vitamin E is fat soluble, so I might not even need to take it every day.

Still enjoying Duolingo and my Spanish studies. Oddly, it gets more fun as I learn. I think it is maybe because it is total program that involves the written word, hearing the spoken word, and speaking myself. It's almost like having a tutor. A really good tutor who pushes you but only hard enough to motivate you.

Back to work tonight.

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Oddly enough, I often feel a bit sad in the spring. It is as though spring kills winter, and no one cares. I think it is sort of like the popular girls running roughshod over the plain, quiet girls in junior high. Even people who profess to like winter don't regret seeing it go. I guess I don't either, but maybe for different reasons than others. For one thing, it is often hard to get to work and that makes for stress. And the expense of buying propane. But winter itself I really like, and I miss it. So restful. Now I feel this pressure to be out and about all of the time. My landlord has been working tirelessly in the garden, building raised boxes, mulching, spreading compost. I feel so guilty not offering to help. Of course I am working, I really need to sleep and do my own chores. And now I have volunteered to do some work on the local nature trails. What was I thinking? Of course I will enjoy it, but I usually have doubts after committing to something.

JudyCr is online now Senior Member
    Sio, I am loving Italian, as well. I have a composition book half full already. I have to write it down to really get it.

DH is now repeating after me as I repeat after the 'tutor'. It was hilarious in bed last night as he was telling me with an Italian accent that it was time to turn out the light. I think I will order some tapes for my car since I go back and forth from ATL to beach house so much.

It would be interesting to make a list of all the neat things I've started doing and eating because of you. It's like I can't have an original thought anymore.

Maybe I should be a life coach!

I've discovered the best stuff ever! (You won't thank me.) Talenti Gelato! I should not have purchased it. I think it is the best I have ever had. A treat now and again is good, but eating 1/3 pint of gelato at 3 AM is not really a good idea.

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Yes, that Talenti is great stuff. And you want to know what's even worse. I live one and a half blocks from the best homemade ice cream place in the world:-) Well, it's 7 a.m. on Sunday, so I won't be tempted -- yet.

I just love hearing about you guys studying languages. WTG! And think of all the wonderful books you'll be able to read in the original! I'm finishing up a McCall-Smith book and then picked four out for my next reading books. I have a copy of Roald Dahl's BOY in Italian, his MATILDA in Swedish, Thomas Mann's LA MORT A VENISE in French, and Laura Esquivel's COMO AGUA PARA CHOCOLATE in Spanish. Fun, fun, fun! Narrowed the study languages down to Hebrew, Arabic, and Modern Greek. Now, I know why I get up early! And my husband brought me home seven Andre Gide and Collette books in French yesterday from a garage sale! AND, I get one of my trips to Powell's for a few books. Unless I find a really good buy, I try to keep just one book ahead in each language. Okay. Once again, too much information

It's just so hard not to go on and on and on about what one loves.

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    I've discovered the best stuff ever! (You won't thank me.) Talenti Gelato! I should not have purchased it. I think it is the best I have ever had. A treat now and again is good, but eating 1/3 pint of gelato at 3 AM is not really a good idea.
    Think about the feel of looser shirts
    Keep it simple
    Eat really tasty food