Page 256 of 511 FirstFirst ... 156206246254255256257258266306356 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,560 of 5108

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 256

Siobhan is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Here I am at work. Thinking a lot about my journal and stuff. Might be changing focus or doing something different. This journal is the first I have ever kept up for this length of time. I don't really journal about my food any more unless I have something new. My kitchen is totally primal - I just realized I am kosher for passover ALL the time - not a speck of grain anywhere.

Pretty upset about the bombings in Boston. Yeah, me and millions of others! I lived there for six years and stood right in that spot watching the finish line for most of those years. It's weird and horrible to see a bomb go off in a place that you know well, hurting people that you worked beside and rode the T with. I don't even know what to think or say other than the obvious platitudes. If it's a terrorist, it's horrible. If it's some loony tune American, it's horrible. There is only worse and worse.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Made up two small containers of coconut oil/baking soda, one for the gym and one for home. I can't believe how well that works for deodorant. I would never have thought it would be effective.
    I made up a batch and have been using it also I love it! I also use in other more "private" areas or a bit of freshness! It works nicely. I don't know if I will ever buy deodorant again! thanks for the tip!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

It's amazing, isn't it? When I think of those expensive natural deodorant thingies I bought that were pretty much useless! If I ever get to travel again, it will be very cool. I'll be able to just bring a container of coconut oil, a little baking soda - no toothpaste, no antiperspirant, no lotions.

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    Pretty upset about the bombings in Boston. Yeah, me and millions of others! I lived there for six years and stood right in that spot watching the finish line for most of those years. It's weird and horrible to see a bomb go off in a place that you know well, hurting people that you worked beside and rode the T with. I don't even know what to think or say other than the obvious platitudes. If it's a terrorist, it's horrible. If it's some loony tune American, it's horrible. There is only worse and worse.
    That about sums it up. I was exactly there last week. My Nephew was at the finish line for the race, but had wandered a block away when the bombs went off. Now they are saying one of the dead was a boy the same age as Boy. I feel the same sad confusion as I did after Newtown.
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 27.5

I drove home this morning listening to descriptions of the injured, which affected me deeply as this is something that I know way too much about. Some of the people had inhalation injuries to their lungs and had to be put on ventilators. This is one of my major duties as a respiratory therapist, and I know the hell they are experiencing, and will continue to experience. And the amputations and the glass and shrapnel imbedded in their bodies - I know too much about all of this. These things are tragic enough when they happen accidentally. To think anyone would deliberately cause these sorts of injuries is so far beyond my understanding that I wonder how and why people can be so different in their worldview.

I'm a little disturbed because I had a bad dream about two friends who are in Bhutan on holiday. I keep telling myself that I'm being ridiculous, but I can't get it out of my mind. I can't contact them; they aren't online people.

Very hungry but I don't have any food prepared and I have no motivation to cook anything. Is this good or bad? Certainly when I get hungry enough I will fry up an egg or two and some bacon to go with it.

Quote Originally Posted by DCarr10760 View Post
    That about sums it up. I was exactly there last week. My Nephew was at the finish line for the race, but had wandered a block away when the bombs went off. Now they are saying one of the dead was a boy the same age as Boy. I feel the same sad confusion as I did after Newtown.
    I was reading about that little boy, apparently his mother and sister were injured badly. When I read something like that, my mind creates this whole scenario...his father was running the marathon and they were there to cheer him on...what happened right before the blast? Where they being scolded? Were they laughing together? Were they hungry, or tired, or excited? Were they receiving texts about their dad's progress? It's just all too horrible.

Well. The last few days I haven't been too happy about my eating habits. I've had a vague 'I'm hungry but I don't know what I want' feeling and have been grazing rather than having real meals, and having too many treats. I decided the cure for this is to have a primal feast. A trip to the grocery and I had all the makings. I got something called 'swiss steak' which was very cheap and looked rather tough. I browned it on the stovetop and put it in the oven covered in broth for half an hour. It was surprisingly delicious, very beefy and tasty. Perfect with my onion gravy. Yes, chewy, but not unpleasantly so. Will definitely buy this again. I mixed up some ground turkey with my usual beef spices and baked some patties, which also turned out to be surprisingly delicious. A large bowl of leafy greens with walnut oil and balsamic vinegar. Roasted brussels sprouts, a big favorite of mine and of many others here. A glass of quite good red wine. I am very full but not bloated or stuffed. There is enough left over for at least two meals, maybe three. I also bought a pork shoulder for more carnitas, which are a very cost-effective way of eating primal. But I won't be making them tonight. Why not? I ran out of smoked paprika! Couldn't believe it. Since I've started cooking differently, I go through spices like mad. No longer do those expensive particles languish in my pantry.

Very happy to see there are some good programs on PBS tonight. Bears and wolves, some Holocaust shows (April is Holocaust Remembrance Month). I'm going to relax and chill and not worry about anything for at least a few hours.

Haven't had a hot flash in 24 hours. It's a gift, I'll take it.

Organized my primal recipes - finally.
    Last edited by Siobhan; 04-16-2013 at 03:44 PM.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    sounds yummy!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Just started a very good book by Madeleine Albright called PRAGUE WINTER (Czechoslovakia from 1937 to 1948). You might enjoy it. She didn't even know she was Jewish until many years after the war! She was little during the war. She was the secretary of state (first woman) and writes quite well.

Well. The last few days I haven't been too happy about my eating habits. I've had a vague 'I'm hungry but I don't know what I want' feeling and have been grazing rather than having real meals, and having too many treats. I decided the cure for this is to have a primal feast. A trip to the grocery and I had all the makings. I got something called 'swiss steak' which was very cheap and looked rather tough. I browned it on the stovetop and put it in the oven covered in broth for half an hour. It was surprisingly delicious, very beefy and tasty. Perfect with my onion gravy. Yes, chewy, but not unpleasantly so. Will definitely buy this again. I mixed up some ground turkey with my usual beef spices and baked some patties, which also turned out to be surprisingly delicious. A large bowl of leafy greens with walnut oil and balsamic vinegar. Roasted brussels sprouts, a big favorite of mine and of many others here. A glass of quite good red wine. I am very full but not bloated or stuffed. There is enough left over for at least two meals, maybe three. I also bought a pork shoulder for more carnitas, which are a very cost-effective way of eating primal. But I won't be making them tonight. Why not? I ran out of smoked paprika! Couldn't believe it. Since I've started cooking differently, I go through spices like mad. No longer do those expensive particles languish in my pantry.

Very happy to see there are some good programs on PBS tonight. Bears and wolves, some Holocaust shows (April is Holocaust Remembrance Month). I'm going to relax and chill and not worry about anything for at least a few hours.

Haven't had a hot flash in 24 hours. It's a gift, I'll take it.

Organized my primal recipes - finally.
    Think about the feel of looser shirts
    Keep it simple
    Eat really tasty food

JudyCr is online now Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Sio, i am having so much fun on Duolingo. I've finished basic one in Italian but keep going back thru it to get perfect before moving on. At first, my iPad didn't like the program at all, but I changed a few settings and now she's settled down. DH, of course, thinks i've lost my mind. I will spend at least an hour a day on it. Foreign languages have always been very hard for me. I've blamed it on being very left handed, but I'm sticking with it this time. There may be a trip to Italy in my future!!