Page 255 of 590 FirstFirst ... 155205245253254255256257265305355 ... LastLast
Results 2,541 to 2,550 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 255

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I was just thinking about the film I saw the other day, Amour, and how primal the food was. Until the woman got really, really sick and could only eat mush, everything they ate was primal. Meat and green veg. Weird, huh?
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Had salmon for dinner. I broiled it, then put it on a bed of leafy greens and drizzled a raspberry-butter-lemon sauce over it. It sounds good, but it was kinda meh. Maybe I just wasn't in the mood for it. I wasn't too hungry, but I want to go to bed early tonight - have to get up early for church, etc., and didn't want to be hungry at bedtime. Also, I am coming to the conclusion that salmon isn't worth the price. I was painfully aware that salmon filet cost $5. It was wild-caught sockeye, but really didn't have alot of pizzazz.

At the library today I found a pile of Sunset magazines and I am spending the evening listening to jazz and looking through the mags. Getting seriously homesick for California. Trouble is, the California I am homesick for doesn't exist any more. It's covered in concrete and condos and strip malls, full of traffic and crime. I purchased a bottle of wine and am enjoying a glass or maybe two. Oboe is keeping me company. He is a sofa cat.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Also kinda bummed there are no posts from PrimalCon on MDA. Usually a worker bee does something. I was looking forward to that! Oh well.

Well, I'm over a year primal now! What a year it has been. I have experienced a huge number of changes. New home. New car. New health. New clothes. New experiences. I wonder if I should start a new journal?

When I start at the top of my head and work down to my toes, there is almost nothing about my body that is unchanged, at least a little. After having a hair loss scare, my hair has regrown thicker than it has ever been. My skin is clear, unblemished, healthy, neither dry nor oily. I am 40 lbs. lighter. I went from a size 12 or 14 (tight) to a 6 or 8 (loose). I became an avid swimmer, jumping into a pool 3-4 times a week. I run around barefoot now, after years of literally not taking a step without orthotics. I can go for hours without visiting a bathroom. (Anyone who has had IBS knows what this means.) I can go for hours without eating or even thinking about eating. My cholesterol numbers, always good, are spectacular. I play with a sledgehammer and dance. I have no pain in my joints, or anywhere in my body for that matter. I have not been ill, I take no medications. I never get headaches, sniffles, or stomachaches. I don't sleep during the day, don't get tired in the afternoon or after eating.

I've discovered coconut oil, that miracle substance that I eat, put on my hair and skin, and brush my teeth and use as a deodorant, along with baking soda.
    Last edited by Siobhan; 04-14-2013 at 10:24 AM.

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    You have had an incredible year. I've really loved reading along.
    Big pat on the back and giant cyber hug for so many things of which to be proud.

Thank you, Judy! I feel like I should go through my journal and put together a little book or something that I could refer back to if I ever run off track. But whew, that would be a lot of work!

Have you heard of Duolingo? It's a language program. I'm practically addicted. It's fun and challenging. I picked Spanish, which I know very little about. I certainly know nothing about grammar and rules. I love the format, which is a mixture of speaking, recall, and recognition. It moves fast, and there is no learning of stupid phrases, like, "Where is the train station?" I never understood why I should learn that since I won't understand the response anyway. The program starts off with nouns and grammar, although not the boring memorization of tables that I suffered through in high school. It has been a goal of mine to learn another language, either French or Spanish, well enough to read it. I think this program will do it for me. Oh, and it's free.

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Very cool; I just signed up for Italian, ciao bella

Need a paleo gravy recipe? Easy Paleo Herb Gravy Recipe | Award-Winning Paleo Recipes | Nom Nom Paleo Really, really good! I'm eating it on meatballs, I keep thinking I've died and gone to heaven.

The hot flashes are reduced but still pretty bothersome. I have learned to deal with them a bit better and am able to go back to sleep much more promptly. TMI coming up - I start off sleeping in a full set of PJs, otherwise I'm too cold. As I get warm, I peel of the PJ top and bottoms and end up in a t shirt and panties. When I wake up flashing, I throw off the blanket and as soon as I start to feel the heat dissipate, I put the blanket back on. Timing is crucial. If I wait too long, I get really chilled and lay there shivering for what seems like forever. If I put it on too fast, I flash again. I'm getting pretty good at it, though, and it isn't too bad. Even though I am waking a lot and disturbing my sleep cycle, I feel I am getting some decent sleep. I will take the herbs and Vit E until the bottle is empty, and if it doesn't work it will be time to try the hormone creme or gel or whatever it is.

Cats were weird about eating this morning. Despite the usual activity and batting of my face etc. they didn't eat very well. They keep wandering back to the food bowls and the food is slowly disappearing, unlike the usual magic act. Wonder what's up. Yesterday I was clipping BW Cat's claws, which are very odd and strange, and I cut one too short. It was horrible. Blood all over. It wasn't really that much, but a little blood looks like a lot of blood. Plus cats aren't very big. He didn't hold it against me, though, and immediately rubbed his head against me for comfort, which made me feel even worse. It would have been easier if he'd hissed and scratched me. He held his paw out in a piteous way. I felt like stabbing myself. All is well now, he is fine of course.

Made up two small containers of coconut oil/baking soda, one for the gym and one for home. I can't believe how well that works for deodorant. I would never have thought it would be effective. It doesn't stop me from sweating, but there is no odor, no staining on my clothes. My clothes smell nice when I take them off, no armpit BO at all. I don't sweat a lot under my arms, it's not a problem at all. Oddly, my armpits are looking nicer. They will never be an attractive part of the body, but the skin is nice and even textured with no blotches or dark spots. Yes, I still shave, although not every day. (Don't need to, not much hair)

Pool is closed this week for some necessary maintenance. I am sad but also feel like a break is beneficial. And today, the first day of the closure, is the nicest day we've had in ages, sunny and warm, no wind. I went for a long walk down the hill...back up the hill...home...down to the water...around and about. Picked up many, many big sticks from the yard and threw them in the woods. (We'll have to mow soon.) Inspected asparagus patch with landlord. Nothing yet, maybe next week.

Cooked a pear briefly in butter and honey with a touch of pink Himalayan. Divine!
    Last edited by Siobhan; 04-15-2013 at 09:37 AM.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    When I start at the top of my head and work down to my toes, there is almost nothing about my body that is unchanged, at least a little. After having a hair loss scare, my hair has regrown thicker than it has ever been. My skin is clear, unblemished, healthy, neither dry nor oily. I am 40 lbs. lighter. I went from a size 12 or 14 (tight) to a 6 or 8 (loose). I became an avid swimmer, jumping into a pool 3-4 times a week. I run around barefoot now, after years of literally not taking a step without orthotics. I can go for hours without visiting a bathroom. (Anyone who has had IBS knows what this means.) I can go for hours without eating or even thinking about eating. My cholesterol numbers, always good, are spectacular. I play with a sledgehammer and dance. I have no pain in my joints, or anywhere in my body for that matter. I have not been ill, I take no medications. I never get headaches, sniffles, or stomachaches. I don't sleep during the day, don't get tired in the afternoon or after eating.
    What better success story could there be? This is wonderful!