Page 254 of 590 FirstFirst ... 154204244252253254255256264304354 ... LastLast
Results 2,531 to 2,540 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 254

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I'm thinking if they can unwrap a banana, they can open a package of fish! I need to eat more fish, but I don't care for the taste.
    Female 52 travel for business monthly
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Ah, spammers! I've begun to get fond of them. Just a little.

Hot flashes still with me but not so bad as they were. The sleeping cave helps, I think.

Oboe is a computer cat. You know the kind. He wants to participate in the internet experience. Maybe it will help me stay off this thing! But not this morning. Taxes! I will accomplish this!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Sending you positive tax vibes!

Ran into problems right away! Made a couple of phone calls. Of course no one answers their phone anymore ever, so waiting for call backs is really annoying. Decided to go to the pool but then realized it is special needs swim this AM. Ate breakfast instead, the flounder filet and a green salad with EVOO and walnut oil. As I type this, Oboe is sitting on the desk next to me in a Sphinx pose with his head tilted to one side, looking extremely cute. Of course he is hoping I get up and feed him (again) or invite him onto the keyboard (not likely).

Well, the weather forecast is horrible, we are supposed to get a rain-snow mix. No telling what we will actually receive, here at the coast it is always a toss-up. I am going to do some errands, go to the pool, and come back to tackle the dreaded taxes, hopefully armed with proper information.

It is probably my imagination, but my nails seem to be growing at extraordinary rates. I am constantly cutting them. I have an aversion to long nails, I feel they are dirty. Yes, I am a little weird, but you knew that already. I don't remember having to cut them every three days, though. They are strong and healthy, but they always were.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    It is probably my imagination, but my nails seem to be growing at extraordinary rates. I am constantly cutting them. I have an aversion to long nails, I feel they are dirty. Yes, I am a little weird, but you knew that already. I don't remember having to cut them every three days, though. They are strong and healthy, but they always were.
    Mine are growing faster, too. I also used to have these weird ridges that are totally gone and they are stronger too.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    nails and hair - growing faster and yes, healthier as well. I agree with the long nail thing. I think more than 1/8" of growth is gross. I keep them short and clean, and cuticles must be pushed back and not dry/cracking. I never use nail polish. But I still have ridges. I read once many years ago that it was a sign of a lack of something - but can't remember what. Guess having ridge-free nails isn't that terribly important to me.

I wish I had you're energy! You seem to be on the move ALL the time!

Word of caution where cats are in close proximity to laptops........ their little hairs get sucked into the fan and cause all kinds of over heating problems. Both my step daughters have had to have their laptops opened and cleaned out - they have a cat at their moms house. So............ regular cleaning by a knowledgable tech might be in order
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

My laptop is probably MOSTLY cat hair by now!

Picked up a card about hospice volunteer training. Something I have been thinking about for a long time. There will be training held later this month, and I am even off work. Hmmmmmmm.

HUGE score at the thrift shop. They just put out their new spring things. Although I have a lot of clothes, well, I don't have between season clothes. I got a pair of Banana Republic navy blue pinstripe slacks and a pair of cargoes that will be perfect as scrub pants. (They actually look more like scrubs than regular pants.) A truly beautiful Pendleton twin set in a peach color - not to brag but the color is great on me. The cardigan has embroidery on the shoulder. It's gorgeous. Two Cold Water Creek silk/rayon cardigans with 3/4 length sleeves (my favorite) in bright blue and emerald green. A flower print t-shirt (also CWC) that matches both. Really hard to believe I got this stuff.

Yes, it is 1:30 PM and I haven't done my taxes. Off to it.

Not going to say anything about taxes. Much too painful.

Slept fairly well considering everything. We had a big storm which was supposed to be snow but was rain. I'm glad I live on high ground and there is good drainage. Water, water everywhere.

Not feeling primal this morning. Food-wise yes. Social-wise no.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post

HUGE score at the thrift shop. They just put out their new spring things. Although I have a lot of clothes, well, I don't have between season clothes. I got a pair of Banana Republic navy blue pinstripe slacks and a pair of cargoes that will be perfect as scrub pants. (They actually look more like scrubs than regular pants.) A truly beautiful Pendleton twin set in a peach color - not to brag but the color is great on me. The cardigan has embroidery on the shoulder. It's gorgeous. Two Cold Water Creek silk/rayon cardigans with 3/4 length sleeves (my favorite) in bright blue and emerald green. A flower print t-shirt (also CWC) that matches both. Really hard to believe I got this stuff.
    You left off a critical piece of thrift-store-score information: the price! Nothing better than saying, "Oh, this fabulous lavender suede jacket? Two-fifty at the thrift store!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    You left off a critical piece of thrift-store-score information: the price! Nothing better than saying, "Oh, this fabulous lavender suede jacket? Two-fifty at the thrift store!"
    I did, didn't I? Everything was $20.