Page 253 of 590 FirstFirst ... 153203243251252253254255263303353 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,530 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 253

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Here I am at work, alternately freezing and boiling. Freezing a lot more than boiling. Can't get warm! The weird thing is that I know that I am in fact perfectly warm. It isn't cold in here to begin with and I have layers of clothes and a hoodie.

Tired of boring food that I have brought to work. One hard thing about my job is that I can't really enjoy a nice meal or relax over my food while I am working. A small price to pay for my good job, but still something I wish I could change. Oh well, this is my third night and now I am off for four nights. I've been pretty busy but not to the point that it is difficult. I like that; it makes me feel really useful and even essential but isn't overwhelming.

Well, I think a cup of something hot is in my future.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Confession is good for the soul. And hopefully for the rest of me. Towards the end of my shift I got a terrible craving for ice cream. I haven't had ice cream in ages. The food co-op isn't open when I get off work, still too early, so I went to the regular grocery, where the choices are limited. Did you know that Ben & Jerry's has HFCS? It does! The best of the worst was Dove ice cream bars. So I had one. It was pretty awfully darn good. And I succumbed to the siren song of the carbohydrate. Had some rice crackers (ingredients: rice, salt) with almond butter and banana. Delicious. I also got some flounder and scallops, but those will be later. Good thing, too, as I don't need any more carbs today!

The carnivores are very happy with my choice of liverwurst. They fight me for it, always a good sign.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Mmm... The occasional icecream is good for the soul
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

It's true, ice cream can be good for the soul. It was really good. I think maybe a bar is a good idea because the serving size is set for me. And it is not very big. Just right.

My sleeping cave is working so well. I am very, very glad I set it up. Already the dramatic difference in temperature is apparent and it is still cool outside. The room I was sleeping in gets really, really hot. Good for propane use reduction. Bad for sleeping. And the obvious darkness, so peaceful and cool.

Going to see the film "Amour" tonight. I would like to stay in, but it is the only showing and it looks very, very good. Serious. I need a good serious film to get the taste of "Love Actually" out of my metaphorical filmwatching mouth. I got it from the library. Started off well but had some IMHO offensive stuff. Not one but TWO cases of wealthy, powerful older men 'marrying down' to younger, poorer women. No wait, there were THREE! And a hopelessly saccharine and contrived ending that went on for far too long. Yes, a film about assisted suicide is a good antidote.

Jennifer Tree is now in a larger pot and seems to be adjusting well. She is so beautiful; shiny, healthy leaves. I makes me feel good to touch her and look at her.

I'm going to make some scallops. No carbs.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    My confession:

I LOVE 'Love, Actually'.

After I posted that, I figured that someone would probably love the film. Just more evidence of my weirdness. It was, of course, terribly popular. I am just way too hugely aware of and despairing of women's roles in our society to enjoy romantic comedies. I've also seen way too many abusive relationships to romanticize certain types of relationships. Yes, I think way, way, way too much. Can't just watch films.

On the other hand, I enjoy a couple of films that are not only not good films, but contain stereotypes that I despise. Go figure. I'm weird.

I have managed to lose a nice flounder filet that I bought this morning. Must have left it at the store. So sad!
    Last edited by Siobhan; 04-11-2013 at 12:34 PM.

This: Video: The Truth About Exercise with Michael Mosley | Watch Michael Mosley Online | PBS Video. Or catch it on PBS World if you can get that channel. Also on YouTube. Great stuff. Mark is showing us the way! HIIT is the way to change your body for the good. (Must go do sprints now)

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Only you and my oldest daughter could lose a whole fish Love it!

In fact, it was worth losing the fish for the story!

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    I have managed to lose a nice flounder filet that I bought this morning. Must have left it at the store. So sad!
    Are you sure the cats didn't "find" it?
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Well, it was wrapped in paper - I can't imagine the cats would have consumed that as well as the fish! I got another, though. EAT MOAR FISH, I say!

Saw the film Amour. WOW. I will never forget it. The performances by two actors in their 80's are absolutely stunning. The story is amazing. However, the film is not for everyone. You will not smile or get any warm fuzzies. I would love to see it again, but that was the last night. It has inspired me, however, to sign up for hospice training. I think there is training later this month, I will look into it.