Page 252 of 511 FirstFirst ... 152202242250251252253254262302352 ... LastLast
Results 2,511 to 2,520 of 5110

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 252

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    BTW, Ex is a lapsed Catholic with very hard feelings - he fought off a molestation attempt as an altar boy. When he told his mother, she slapped him across the face and washed his mouth out with soap. Anyway...he walked out of the church with me, took my arm, and said, "I love you madly!"
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

ragwort is offline Member
    Great to be on such terms with your ex! So many people put others into 'boxes' and expect only certain behaviours because of it. I am so glad that you can transcend such pettiness and enjoy life 'in the moment' as we all aspire to do in our own spheres.

Glad the concert was magnificent by all accounts ... you worked very hard to support the team effort. (Stuff the crabby cleric!)

When I think of all the work by so many people to create a couple of hours of ephemeral beauty, it is almost overwhelming. I had vowed not to do this again because it is so time consuming, but...maybe!

I have discovered liverwurst. How did I not know of this deliciousness? After all, I grew up eating it. The local grocery has a good all-natural brand.

For those of you who might be wondering, there is NO chance of reuniting with Ex. He will always be in my life in some capacity, but there are issues...baggage...problems with adult children...finances...too many things that will never be resolved. He has not the slightest desire to be a 'husband' and I have no desire to deal with the unfortunate BS that comes with the package. But we are very good friends and we have always got along very well.

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    LIVERWURST!!

That is all.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I think its wonderful that you have a good relationship with the ex. That is EXTREMELY rare!! Too bad the baggage gets in the way of it being more.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

Here I am at work. Didn't sleep much! Still having the day sleeping problems, although I don't have hot flashes. I just wake up after about 4 hours and can't go back to sleep. Am tired now, though!

Ate lots of meat today, mainly because it is pretty much all I have at home. Eggs and pork. I had a piece of cheescake. (Hanging head in shame) Grain free. (Lifting head slightly)

After the excitement of the weekend, I have nothing good to report. All is back to boring in the Land of Siobhan.
    Last edited by Siobhan; 04-09-2013 at 07:30 PM.

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    You're never boring. Au contraire!

Cheese cake is pretty primal -- just cream cheese and sour cream and, oh -- uh oh!

I think it must be really hard to sleep at all with your schedule. It's amazing all that you do. You just need a few calm days and you'll be rarin' to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Here I am at work. Didn't sleep much! Still having the day sleeping problems, although I don't have hot flashes. I just wake up after about 4 hours and can't go back to sleep. Am tired now, though!

Ate lots of meat today, mainly because it is pretty much all I have at home. Eggs and pork. I had a piece of cheescake. (Hanging head in shame) Grain free. (Lifting head slightly)

After the excitement of the weekend, I have nothing good to report. All is back to boring the Land of Siobhan.
    Think about the feel of looser shirts
    Keep it simple
    Eat really tasty food

Yeah, and I'm starting menopause which is making it hard to sleep. Mother Nature is not being kind to me, although it could be worse! I've just added Vitamin E to my supplements. I can only hope!

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Try Knock-Out (schiff) it sure works for me! All natural stuff.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

Coll is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    The concert sounds fantastic - and I LOVE the way you dealt with the priest who had lost all perspective hee hee!
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 218 lbs
    S.T. goals: stabilize hormones, JUDDD, sleep early and long
    LTG: Find my sweet spot with which foods work for me and start losing weight
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

Just take it one bite at a time ...