Page 251 of 590 FirstFirst ... 151201241249250251252253261301351 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,510 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 251

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Well, I had to learn those phrases for the concert - I didn't know they would be so useful. I can't believe he cared more about those d@mn lilies than the people who fell. And yes, he saw it happen. Actually, the more I think about it, it was over the top even for me - quoting Scripture to a priest in his own church?!?! In German? What was I thinking?
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

tomi is online now Senior Member
    I think you are awesome! He was out of line and you called him on it! Maybe he needs to go say 100 Hail Mary's and dunk his head in some Holy Water! (my apologies to any Catholics who may be reading this)
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

My pastor called me this morning. Another person told her about my little impromptu performance and she said she laughed so hard she cried.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Cave Bird is offline Member
    <---- not offended. He got what he deserved! Unfortunately, i DOUBT he learned any lessons. He'll keep on being an old miserable fart no matter how many times he does the rosary.

The awesomeness of this incident makes me so happy!!!!

Cave Bird is offline Member
    <---- not offended. He got what he deserved! Unfortunately, i DOUBT he learned any lessons. He'll keep on being an old miserable fart no matter how many times he does the rosary.

The awesomeness of this incident makes me so happy!!!!

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    YOUR pastor is cool. Priceless!

Well, not sure if I should journal about this, but here goes. Last week I was talking to my ex-husband, who is a very good friend, and bemoaning my lack of special person. He knows about my recent disappointment. He offered to come up and be my special person for the weekend and attend my concert, take on go-fer duties, be my cheering squad, etc. And so he did. It was great having him around. He is not good husband material, but he has that thing going on where he can really come through in a clutch - when the chips are down and stuff isn't going right, he shows up like there is nothing in the world he would rather do than whatever I need doing. He is a musician himself and I knew he would be objective about the concert and I trust his judgment. He loved it and told me honestly that it was terrific, magical, professional. Coming from him that meant a great deal. And I discovered a 'cure' for my hot flashes. Sleeping with someone worked pretty well! One of the major problems is getting really cold AFTER the hot flash, and being awake shivering half the night...Ex is like a portable heater. I told him that I would push him away and really mean it if I was flashing, and he was down with that. Then I could spoon up and be warm. I only woke up twice and it wasn't bad at all, I went right back to sleep. I was never cold. Plus he is a totally safe partner and I was pleased to discover than my libido isn't quite dead yet. In fact it has a fair amount of life. I wouldn't have the courage to experiment this way with a stranger, but with him it is okay. I explained it to him and he totally understood how it would work. If I didn't feel like it, we would just stop, end of story. He's the only man on the planet I could talk to about this and put down weird ground rules and not feel awkward. He stayed two nights and it was fun. He is very happy about eating primal with me and is very interested in the whole ancestral health thing, so that is great for me. We stayed primal all weekend, even with the buffet at the concert. We ate carnitas and eggs and cauliflower and brazilian cheese bread, which he agreed is dangerously addictive. Had bananas sauteed in butter and honey as a treat. So it was all good and I feel good about myself, better than I have felt in a long time.

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    That is very cool, and UNHEARD of, LOL.
    Still, so sweet that he was there for ya.

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    That is so awesome . What more can you ask for in a friend/ex/lover at the ready when it feels right? Fantastic!

As for the priest? How very bizarre. Glad to hear your own pastor has a better sense of humour.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Tossed out of church, followed up by some friendly fornication! Siobhan, I salute you! Nobody does it better. That is great.