Page 250 of 590 FirstFirst ... 150200240248249250251252260300350 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,500 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 250

Coll is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I hope you had an awesome concert! There is something so special about being part of something so big and beautiful I was having fun the other night with DS after having artichoke dipped in garlic butter - breathing on him and he would run squealing in horror - hee hee, naughty I know! Good for you not getting everyone choked up
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Good luck tonight!!!!! Sing your little primal heart out! Wish I could come................
    I know, right? I wish someone would record it.

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Bet you have sung well and are truly and happily exhausted and ready for a primal snack. Hope you are ever so happy with the evening:-)

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Whew! Just checking in for a minute to report the concerts were fantastic, both of them sold out. It all went great. I am completely exhausted!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Here is my Brazilian Cheese Bread recipe. Actually it's not mine - it's from bewitchingkitchen.wordpress.com

BRAZILIAN PAO DE QUEIJO: Love at first bite! | Bewitching Kitchen

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Well. Where to start? At the beginning, I suppose. I had a terrific weekend. The concert went great. It was magical. It is so amazing to have all those disparate things come together, so much work, so much effort, all crystallized into one hour fifteen minutes of accomplished beauty. It was all worth it. I experienced something new, yes new, in this 54th year of my life. It was very cool to have friends in the audience cheering for me and sending out positive energy and wanting them to enjoy the performance. Several of my friends were there and also my ex-husband, who is a good friend.

Let me tell you something - performing is exhausting. I don't know how people do it day after day. I suppose that like anything else you get used to it and you learn coping mechanisms. I was utterly wrecked and when I came home I slept for about 45 minutes.

Couple of notable things happened. One, I got asked to leave the church by the priest (Catholic). Apparently he speaks German and apparently he has no sense of humor. During our final warm-up someone stumbled and knocked another person off the top riser. Luckily no harm was done except a lily got broken. There are lilies from Easter set all around and we were under strict orders not to touch them or molest them in any way. Personally, I can't stand them, they smell like dirty socks and they look like death. I love flowers, but I don't include lilies in that. Tulips and daffodils, those are spring flowers IMHO. Anyway. We were all glad no one got hurt because that is potentially a very serious situation. A person could really get hurt, and it is hazard of this sort of performance. There is no back on the risers, they are high, they are narrow, and we stand very close together. But after the perrmance I was talking to the director when the priest came up and started berating her about the broken lily, how angry he is, he specifically said she promised they wouldn't be harmed, yada yada. At first I though, he's kidding, right? Then some more people heard him and there was a small crowd listening to him complaining rather vociferously about the stupid lily. (Note to the priest: Easter is over) Now, you probably don't know anything about the Brahms German Requiem, a solemn but joyful work about the dead and the repose of the dead. And the words are all from the Bible. So...I'm listening to him go on, and I interrupted and said, "Father F, das Gras ist verdorret und die Blume abgefallen." He looked at me astonishment, so, being me, I continued. "Denn alles Fleisch es ist wie Gras und alle Herrlichkeit des Menschen wie des Grases Blumen." At this point his face turned red and he pointed at me and shouted at me to GET OUT! Apparently my diction is pretty good! What I said was - "The grass withers and the flower decays,' and "For all flesh is as grass and all the glory of men as the flower of grass." (PSALM 126:5,6) This is directly from the second movement - it is repeated several times. It just seemed so appropriate at the time. Father F. DID NOT like it. Fortunately I couldn't care less when Father F thinks, obviously his priorities are all messed up. And the performance is over and I have no reason to go back to that church anyway.

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Oh, Siobhan, das ist einfach Unsinn, was er gemacht hat! Und auch nicht nett, muss ich sagen. Well, euphemistically speaking - That's simply nonsense, what he did. And not nice either, I must say. Wonder why he exploded. Maybe he doesn't understand German and thought you were swearing at him. German can sound that way sometimes I can say the sweetest things in the right tone Think he's missing the whole point of the thing. Better to have dandelions and be filled with love. Besides, you can wish on them. Hmm! Probably very pagan.

Anyway, I'm glad the concert was a success. And maybe it could be outdoors next time. Hmm. Might be still cold in Maine.

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Well. Where to start? At the beginning, I suppose. I had a terrific weekend. The concert went great. It was magical. It is so amazing to have all those disparate things come together, so much work, so much effort, all crystallized into one hour fifteen minutes of accomplished beauty. It was all worth it. I experienced something new, yes new, in this 54th year of my life. It was very cool to have friends in the audience cheering for me and sending out positive energy and wanting them to enjoy the performance. Several of my friends were there and also my ex-husband, who is a good friend.

Let me tell you something - performing is exhausting. I don't know how people do it day after day. I suppose that like anything else you get used to it and you learn coping mechanisms. I was utterly wrecked and when I came home I slept for about 45 minutes.

Couple of notable things happened. One, I got asked to leave the church by the priest (Catholic). Apparently he speaks German and apparently he has no sense of humor. During our final warm-up someone stumbled and knocked another person off the top riser. Luckily no harm was done except a lily got broken. There are lilies from Easter set all around and we were under strict orders not to touch them or molest them in any way. Personally, I can't stand them, they smell like dirty socks and they look like death. I love flowers, but I don't include lilies in that. Tulips and daffodils, those are spring flowers IMHO. Anyway. We were all glad no one got hurt because that is potentially a very serious situation. A person could really get hurt, and it is hazard of this sort of performance. There is no back on the risers, they are high, they are narrow, and we stand very close together. But after the perrmance I was talking to the director when the priest came up and started berating her about the broken lily, how angry he is, he specifically said she promised they wouldn't be harmed, yada yada. At first I though, he's kidding, right? Then some more people heard him and there was a small crowd listening to him complaining rather vociferously about the stupid lily. (Note to the priest: Easter is over) Now, you probably don't know anything about the Brahms German Requiem, a solemn but joyful work about the dead and the repose of the dead. And the words are all from the Bible. So...I'm listening to him go on, and I interrupted and said, "Father F, das Gras ist verdorret und die Blume abgefallen." He looked at me astonishment, so, being me, I continued. "Denn alles Fleisch es ist wie Gras und alle Herrlichkeit des Menschen wie des Grases Blumen." At this point his face turned red and he pointed at me and shouted at me to GET OUT! Apparently my diction is pretty good! What I said was - "The grass withers and the flower decays,' and "For all flesh is as grass and all the glory of men as the flower of grass." (PSALM 126:5,6) This is directly from the second movement - it is repeated several times. It just seemed so appropriate at the time. Father F. DID NOT like it. Fortunately I couldn't care less when Father F thinks, obviously his priorities are all messed up. And the performance is over and I have no reason to go back to that church anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by lopisheep View Post
    Oh, Siobhan, das ist einfach Unsinn, was er gemacht hat! Und auch nicht nett, muss ich sagen. Well, euphemistically speaking - That's simply nonsense, what he did. And not nice either, I must say. Wonder why he exploded. Maybe he doesn't understand German and thought you were swearing at him. German can sound that way sometimes I can say the sweetest things in the right tone Think he's missing the whole point of the thing. Better to have dandelions and be filled with love. Besides, you can wish on them. Hmm! Probably very pagan.

Anyway, I'm glad the concert was a success. And maybe it could be outdoors next time. Hmm. Might be still cold in Maine.
    Ja, stimme ich zu! Probably didn't like the big laugh I got...

Oh, too cold, too cold yet. But an outdoor concert in July would be nice.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Good for you for standing up to the old fart!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Cave Bird is offline Member
    Old fart is right. He exploded because you made an excellent point, made him look like a psycho, and did it in German to boot! Not to mention the laughs you got! I am flashing back to my 12 years of Catholic school, there were always crabby priests and nuns just waiting to crush the dreams and self esteem of innocent children. I'm sure he is of that ilk.

Siobhan, that was some impressive bi-lingual ball busting! You're a legend!