Page 249 of 590 FirstFirst ... 149199239247248249250251259299349 ... LastLast
Results 2,481 to 2,490 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 249

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    And thanks for all the kind words from everyone, i.e. I'm maybe not so unlikeable, and also for not thinking I'm insane for having tree friends with names and all.

So far I haven't had trouble with the cats eating my plants, although I am careful to only have non-poisonous ones. I grow rye grass for them and also catmint. They do a pretty good job of eating those, but luckily those plants grow very quickly. I don't think they will like Jennifer the Bay Laurel, as she has a slight citrus scent and they HATE citrus.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Woke up with garlic mouth, wheew! That's what comes from eating baba ganoush in the middle of the night. Must get some parsley. I have a lot of salad greens, I'll try eating some of those.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I will not add to the compliments, 'cause you'll just get a swelled head. But you know we love you, Siobhan: we keep coming back for more!

Thank you, but I think you all come around here for the eccentricity. Reading about my craziness is probably somewhat diverting!

This morning I weighed 135. I am much happier with that number, although obviously I need to knuckle down primal. I think I have figured out something. When craving carbs, eat VEG not fruit. Fruit only exacerbates the cravings, for me at least. A big bowl of leafy greens, asparagus, brussels sprouts. That is the ticket. And I am going to get back to eating more berries as my fruit of choice. I have gotten away from that habit, mainly because of the expense.

Almost two hours of housecleaning this morning, and that was only one room. Sigh. And it wasn't even particularly thorough, for instance I didn't clean on top of the china cabinet or the refrigerator. But today is a red letter day - I opened the windows over the sofa in the kitchen for the first time since winter hit. The cats tripped all over each other to get up in the windowsills. They love sitting in the windows.

I haven't done my taxes yet. My car is due for routine servicing, and the snow tires need to come off. Help me, Obi-Wan!

My concerts are this weekend. The final dress rehearsal is tonight and the concerts are Saturday night and Sunday afternoon. I have four friends coming to the performances and I am ridiculously excited about it all. Although it has been time-consuming and sometimes nerve-wracking, overall a very worthwhile endeavor. There aren't many things like this that an adult can participate in at a fairly high level. I can't play minor league baseball, or play golf with pros. But I can work with others to make a big beautiful thing while doing my individual best. Great stuff!

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    I'm with you on the fruit! If I eat most any fruit, all sorts of triggers start going off. Berries are actually one of the worst things for me, because an indefinite amount of them can be a serving. One apple or one banana or one peach is a serving, that's easy, but with berries nobody eats one, you eat "some" and all too often for me some is until none are left. Even if it's a quart.

I do try to eat a lot of veggies. Organic baby kale has been in the stores lately and I buy it and will often grab a handful and munch away. It is satisfying in a bovine, cud-chewing sorta way.

I hear you about the worthwhile endeaver too. This Winter about the only social activity I did was to take a figure drawing class. Drawing and painting have been lifelong interests of mine, doing it more is on my short list of things to keep doing!

Enjoy the Concert!
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 27.5

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DCarr10760 View Post
    This Winter about the only social activity I did was to take a figure drawing class. Drawing and painting have been lifelong interests of mine, doing it more is on my short list of things to keep doing!
    Last week I picked up a book on teaching yourself to sketch, and have been (slowly) working through it. It is nice to try a new creative thing that I have NO experience with.

I used to paint quite adequately, but I haven't done any painting in ages. I would like to, but until more hours get built into a day I probably won't take it up again. I stopped because of the soreness and pain in my hands, which is now gone, thank you primal blueprint.

LONG rehearsal tonight, I'm all worn out. Performance tomorrow night! Woo hoo! Reminder: no garlic tomorrow. It's not nice to eat garlic before stepping onto a closely-packed riser with 70 other people.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Just had a tapioca bread with half a banana and almond butter.
    I've searched back many pages, but I can't find your bread recipe. Could you please share it again?

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Performance tomorrow night! Woo hoo! Reminder: no garlic tomorrow. It's not nice to eat garlic before stepping onto a closely-packed riser with 70 other people.
    Hehehehe!
    Enjoy yourself tomorrow (oops, I mean tonight!)
    I need to go to bed...
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Good luck tonight!!!!! Sing your little primal heart out! Wish I could come................
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.