Page 248 of 590 FirstFirst ... 148198238246247248249250258298348 ... LastLast
Results 2,471 to 2,480 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 248

DCarr10760 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Lol about the relationships with humans! I'm pretty much the same way. Fortunately SWMBO and I manage well enough, but it's always trouble. It's been trouble of one sort or another with everybody I've ever been with. I guess I'm hard to live with. I don't think I am... but I am the one constant in all of my failed and difficult relationships, so the evidence is stacked against me.

Of course, most of the time I didn't really like myself all that much. My weight was an issue there too, a cause or an effect...I'm not sure which.

I do like animals and they like me, but I've rarely lived in situations where I could have one (when I was on my own).

I hear you about the panic about gaining weight. Last summer when I was at my lowest weight (low 230's) I used to dream I would wake up and be 300+ lbs again!
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230.5
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 30.5

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    I'm sure my own problems with humans stems largely from my own problems with self-esteem, which is usually somewhere around my shoelaces. And the fact that I truly enjoy my own company. I have always thought my ideal relationship would be like Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera - separate houses with a connector between them!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

More craziness in the World of Siobhan. Feeling extremely energetic. TOO energetic. Donned a sport bra for the first time in ages, put on the Merrill Pace Gloves and headed out. Ran down the big hill, across a flat, up a smaller hill, then turned around. Ran the whole way, ten minutes or so, almost all up or down, quite steep. Felt great! Wonder how the feet will handle it? It is in the 30's temp-wise, and my hands got really cold. Note to self: under 40F, wear gloves. I was wearing a short sleeve T, a fleece vest, and yoga pants. Got home and took off the Merrills and ran around on the grass. Talked to landlord about asparagus, of which there is a large patch planted under my kitchen window, imagine that!

More craziness. I got a new tree friend. I am always happiest with a live tree in my home. My last tree, a lemon cypress unfortunately died when I left him temporarily with a friend when I moved to Maine. It was the hottest summer ever in Massachusetts, and despite my admonitions to move the tree to a shady spot, he left it in full sun. Not blaming him, however, it was my fault. But I had that tree for ten years! I still miss him. But today Jennifer the Bay Laurel arrived. We bonded immediately. She is in a window soaking up the April Maine sun after her long journey in the dark. She left Oregon on Friday and arrived today! (Yes, I am nuts. But you already knew that.)

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Just put a batch of carnitas in the oven. I put the temp at 325F because I am going to choir and it will be in the oven for about 4 hours. (Down from normal 350F) I have become fond of buying, hopefully on sale, a blade roast with ribs attached. I cut off the ribs and slice between them. The rest I cut into four large pieces that eventually become carnitas. The onions go in the bottom of the pan, the pork pieces on top, broth and seasonings over all. I place the rib portion, bone side up, on the top. I can remove this partway through cooking and finish it later when I want to eat it, or leave it in and crisp it up under the broiler or in a really hot oven. A twofer! When I get home from choir the place will smell heavenly.

Another weird thing I have noticed. I am much less susceptible to onion irritation. I had it bad - I mean REALLY bad - my whole life. I often would not use onions because of the severe eye-tearing. Yes, I tried everything. I used a full-on face mask such as we use in the hospital with TB patients. I am serious. But now I can easily cut up a couple of onions, and if my eyes start to tear, I can merely step away for a moment or two and return to chopping. Why I have experienced this change I cannot say, but I am happy with it.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    I can't imagine people not liking you - you seem very normal and pleasant to me.

I'm happy to hear the felines have settled in together - it can sometimes be difficult to introduce a newbie into an already established group.

I'm sure those 5 pounds will melt off easily - its more likely water weight from too many salty carbs. A few more times up and down those hills and you should be good to go!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Yep. Licked Don't know who doesn't like you. I have a lot of catching up to do, but it's really hard to imagine anyone not liking you. Love your giving your trees names. Do the cats chew your indoor trees. I once had two pretty cannibas plants in New York that I really liked. A friend left his two cats with us while he went away for the weekend. I came back from shopping to two very stoned and happy cats and two stalks of plants! Hmmm! I can't imagine any plants surviving our cats. They have to climb everything and tip anything over that is not nailed or screwed in place.

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    No weirdness at all about bonding with a tree. Long ago, I had a houseful of plants, and cared for them all lovingly. Then came a move to a house with less than ideal lighting, and babies (yes, we're talking years ago). Plants got neglected, and eventually suffered. In recent years, we've been plantless indoors. Yet in the past few summers, as I've started my outdoor planter garden, I love to spend time pruning, feeling, smelling, and otherwise playing with my herbs and stuff. It's very calming and provides a sense of grounding. Looking forward to getting rid of the SNOW and getting in the garden. I've reconsidered house plants, might just do that in the next few months.

Regarding onion chopping tearing, I learned long ago that if I'm wearing contact lenses when chopping, there is absolutely no tearing or irritation going on. Obviously either the iris or pupil are directly involved with the reaction. Weird.

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Just read the last 13 pages of your journal. It was like reading a novel. I was hoping you wouldn't somehow get stuck with needy new guy and that everything with cats would work out. And I got my happy ending. New guy gone and cats working out, with the added information about coconut oil and baking soda. Great idea. Fun to read sleepwear comments -- especially Dave and ecks. I like men's PJ bottoms and a t-shirt. One of my cats adores heat, so she climbs under the covers and I turn the air conditioner on!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Wow! {{{{{{{{Happy Dance}}}}}}}}}}} Pam is back! And thanks for reading my journal. Yep, had some stuff going on, but I know I did the right thing.

I get the weirdest cravings now. I HAD to have baba ganoush. So at midnight I roasted up some eggplant and mixed up the magic stuff, ate some with red bell pepper. Once upon a time I would have eaten an entire loaf of bread or a pizza. Now I'm craving...vegetables? Don't tell my mom, she has a weak heart, the shock will kill her.