Page 247 of 590 FirstFirst ... 147197237245246247248249257297347 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,470 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 247

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Funny Sabine

Our DS and I are the green heaters in our house - he even more than I. He sleeps most of the year round under a sheet and will sweat buckets, have nightmares and get very grumpy if the house is too warm or if someone puts a blanket on him too early. I have our house heat set at 50F for nights and their window is almost always cracked open or a few inches open ...I put my hand near him and can feel the heat radiating and know not to put anything on him!! I sleep under a single pane window, inches away so that helps me to stay comfortable at night ... DH loves to spoon but I can only do a minute or two and then I start sweating - this morning he was really cold and came and snuggled for a few minutes, cooled me down nicely and warmed him up Funny how different we all are.

I am so glad the cats have all settled down - lovely. Still waiting for you to find a way to get us all some pictures!! Got to kick that Brazilian cheese bread habit girl! Have it once a week as a treat ... my kids love it too I will have to let them try it with fruit preserves and cream cheese ... or a drizzle of honey and almond butter ... doesn't even sound tempting to me. I've never been a big one for breads and pastas. My monster is sugar
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Well, we know you are eating and drinking. I think we'll assume your litter box habits are appropriate. Two out of three ain't bad!
    ROFLMAO! Yes, I actually don't score too badly!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Quote Originally Posted by Coll View Post
    I am so glad the cats have all settled down - lovely. Still waiting for you to find a way to get us all some pictures!! Got to kick that Brazilian cheese bread habit girl! Have it once a week as a treat ... my kids love it too I will have to let them try it with fruit preserves and cream cheese ... or a drizzle of honey and almond butter ... doesn't even sound tempting to me. I've never been a big one for breads and pastas. My monster is sugar
    My monster is a complex one - I adore that taste called 'umami' with a touch of sweet, which is basically the definition of the cheese bread with almond butter and honey. Add a crunch to that and I'm hopeless.

Decided a way out of my food funk was a good old primal cooking session such as I have not had in a while. So off to the store for supplies (actually after swimming) and I cooked up a batch of Asian style fried cauliflower rice. Added pancetta, bacon, eggs, and bay scallops in addition to lots of veg. Bell pepper, snow peas, onions, basil, lemongrass, cilantro, scallions. Delicious. I ate two big bowls and the thing is, that is okay with cauliflower! Have a lot left over for probably three more meals. Also picked up a pork shoulder on sale. You KNOW what I'll do with that.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    I just got the nom nom paleo ap for the ipad, I can't wait to try some of the recipes! I'm drooling on my keyboard. I definitely want to make some carnitas, I have some pork shoulder roasts in the freezer.
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 27.5

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Make sure they are nice and fatty. Lean does not cut it with this recipe.

Cave Bird is offline Member
    Sio, did you ever contact Mark about the poser on Match.com? That was CLASSIC, I'm dying to know the outcome!

I did send him a screen cap, but didn't hear back. I'll bet that happens to him a lot!

Driving home from work this morning I noticed smoke coming the sugar shack down the road and stopped, although I don't know the people. Spent a pleasant half hour with a neighbor, consumed a hard cider, and left with a pint of still-warm maple syrup. Let me tell you, Vermont gets the press but Maine produces a fine, fine maple syrup and this is a good year. Came home and made a sweet potato pancake, naturally accompanied by a fair amount of Maine's finest. Then I stepped on the scale. ARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH! 138! Save me from carbohydrates!

The good thing is that I know exactly what the problem is - too many carbs, not enough fat and definitely not enough protein. Must...boost...protein. Summer is coming.

BTW, the sweet potato pancake was sweet potato, ricotta cheese, and an egg.

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    138? That sounds nice :-), but I understand it's not where you want to be. I'm wondering about "ideal" weights anyway these days. Although I've noticed clothes fitting better and I look less puffy in the face, I do not think I've lost anything substantial other than the initial water weight (glycogen I think) that I always lose first. It'll be a slow road.

When I stop eating properly, even for just a day or two, this water weight always goes right back on and I can gain 5 to 8 pounds seemingly overnight. It always frustrates me because it is always after a carby and often salty meal, which I shouldn't have eaten. So I get to feel guilty on top of fat. Stupid thing is thet I know intellectually what is happening and that it shouldn't bother me, but it ALWAYS does. This is the reason that I'm not weighing myself or taking measurements or anything, at least not for a long time.

Based on your last photograph, you look great!!
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 27.5

Actually, in my photo I think that is about what I weighed. The last time I weighed I was 130 or 131. It's like I gained 7 or 8 lbs in a week! Scary. I just weighed myself upon getting up and was 136 in my jammies. That makes me feel a little better. I think sometimes I panic because I so badly do NOT want to regain any weight, I want to be like I am. It's like a primal jack-in-the-box is going to pop out and me and say, "Surprise! You're going to be fat and sick again!" I need to nip this right in. It's one thing if I go on holiday and allow myself to go a little crazy, say with alcohol and nuts. But creeping weight gain terrifies me.

Also woke with a tiny headache, which is no big deal except that I never get headaches. I know I haven't eaten any grains or sugar. Maybe allergy season is starting? It's still pretty cold!

I have been feeding the new cat in a separate room, but this morning he lined up with the other two and wouldn't budge. So they chowed all three in a row. They look beautiful together - one black, one grey, one black and white. I sat on the floor with them and they climbed all over me. Took turns brushing them, they all love that. Well, I am a failure with human relationships for the most part, but I seem to have the animal kingdom down. Yesterday at rehearsal I was entrusted with a 17-year old blind dachshund because it was too cold for him outside and his owner couldn't hold him anymore, his back was killing him. Normally he is nervous with strangers. He was, of course, okay with me. Probably senses that people don't like me.