Page 246 of 590 FirstFirst ... 146196236244245246247248256296346 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,460 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 246

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Oh! Well fair enough then! I knew you were having hard time sleeping and we had a good chat all together about sleeping naked but I guess I missed the part about the cave. I wonder if it could be your bed as well- it is after all one of the things that has changed.

Glad to see that you've found peace in sleeping!
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Yes, I'm sleeping in a cave; unfortunately depending on your viewpoint I'm still in pajamas and haven't kicked the undergarment habit. Actually I'm amazed at the number of people who sleep in the altogether. I'm def in the minority. More power to those who snooze loose, I say!

Loooong dress rehearsal, but it went really well. The concert is going to be amazing. The church is stunningly beautiful and has great acoustics. I almost wish I wasn't performing so I could hear it. Cuz I can't hear it. Just well enough to know we sound GREAT! Very hard to stand on a riser for one hour fifteen minutes (or more). Now I need to go to sleep but I'm all wound up.

Going through one of those periods where I just want to eat one thing and it's not a great thing. You know Brazilian cheese bread? You know how much I like it? Well, with almond butter and a drizzle of honey, it's stupendous. It's my current desert island food. Not a great choice. Hopefully I will get tired of it soon.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    Yes, there's a reason that I don't make the Brazilian cheese bread more often. Well, the fact that I'd love to devour it all, combined with the effort required plus my man and manchildren will eat them all if I don't grab them quickly.

I've been pretty damn hot at night lately, and not in the good sense. Hubby says one night while we were away this week he found me totally radiating heat one night with damp sheets, so he tucked the covers around me to keep it contained and crept away. Yet I slept undisturbed and woke not particularly damp, so maybe he imagined it?

That MUST be it! Actually, I think I am learning to sleep through at least some of them. It's a vicious trick that Mother Nature plays on us!

Unfortunately I have the Brazilian cheese bread recipe memorized and have learned to whip it up like nothing. This is not, not, I repeat, not a good thing. If I applied myself to something constructive like I apply myself to things I shouldn't I would have solved all the problems in the world by now. I probably could have come up with a good theoretical model of cold fusion or maybe harnessed the power of the sun. Become fluent in ten languages. But no, I learn how to provide myself quickly and easily with irresistible empty calories. Even to tweak the recipe to provide different textures of breads for different uses. I'm hopeless! It wouldn't be so bad if it were more filling...but it isn't.

Cat update: all good. They are getting along fine, everyone is eating and drinking and using litter box appropriately. I wish my own life could be put into context so easily.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Slept well but not great. Hot flashes but not so bad. Woke up not hungry, a plus. (Have been waking up really hungry lately, I don't like that.) Cats all good. Howling wind.

Re: your comment above, Greensprout, years ago I dated a man with two young children. One night I walked by his young son's room and saw the child lying on top of the blankets in just his shorts. This was a very old, drafty, cold house, and I went in to cover him up. When I got closer I could feel the heat coming off the child in waves. Of course I called my boyfriend, thinking his son had some terrible fever. He laughed and said, "oh yeah, he always does that." I was astounded, didn't think it was possible for human beings to do that...I know better now...
    Last edited by Siobhan; 04-03-2013 at 05:39 AM.

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    Boy and I both are like that, besides sleeping in a condition leaving me vulnerable to pounce-trainees, I rarely use more than a light blanket which I kick off in the night and cover myself with just a sheet. When boy was a baby we went to a Christmas party to introduce him to the family, there was a roaring fire, lots of people and the room was stifling. He was dressed in the obligatory velour Santa-themed Onesie. Was he ever cranky! All the Aunts tried to calm him, breasts, bottles, binkies, nothing would stop his fussing. I suggested we remove the Santa costume and he was a bit better. But still very fussy. I suggested stripping him down to his diaper to the horror of all the Women, who were sure he would freeze to death.

Finally after another ten minutes of fussing, several diaper checks and offers of all sorts of entertainments, he really started to cry. I took him from his mother's arms, stripped him down to his diaper and carried him outside onto the front porch, where in full view of the family, he immediately stopped crying and began to smile and coo. Steam poured off of his little body and he was again his usual cheerful self. I expected that he'd cool down and begin to get fussy. But he was happy in the cold for as long as his mother allowed him out. Less than five minutes, but he was happy.

He always kicks off his covers, and we keep the house cool at night.
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 224
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 30.5

You and boy could hire yourselves out as woodstoves! Much cleaner and greener!

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, SWMBO, who is always cold is real snuggly for awhile at night and then it's too much for her and she retreats to neutral corners! I got worried last summer when after extended fasts, my body temperature started to be consistently low. I figured I was meddling with forces I didn't understand and better stop!
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 224
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 30.5

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    DH is a mini heater too. But I'm the one turning the heat down or air up at night due to my mini fires!
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post

Cat update: all good. They are getting along fine, everyone is eating and drinking and using litter box appropriately. I wish my own life could be put into context so easily.
    Well, we know you are eating and drinking. I think we'll assume your litter box habits are appropriate. Two out of three ain't bad!