Page 245 of 511 FirstFirst ... 145195235243244245246247255295345 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,450 of 5108

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 245

Siobhan is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Here I am at work. All good here, taking a little break. Got some really nice herb tea, it's called Gypsy Cold Care. I don't have a cold, but warm and comforting sounded nice. Elderflower, yarrow, peppermint, hyssop, rose hips, cinnamon, ginger, clove, licorice.

Ate too many carbs and in addition to being hungry an hour later, I had serious brain fog. Too many carbs are not my friend. How did I go through life like that?
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Hey, I scored some Meyer lemons! HURRAY!!!! Finally! Also got some raw milk. Haven't had any for awhile, but allergy season is coming up so it might be prudent to partake.

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    Both DH and S2 have bad allergies right now. Since I started immunotherapy and PB not only was this the best winter ever for my asthma (no antibiotics and no oral, IV, or IM steroids - first time in 5 years) and I'm not having any allergy issues. Hard to tell if its one causing more effect than the other, so I'm choosing that they are working synergistically together. Especially since my asthma/allergy doc can't believe how well I'm doing!
    Female 52 travel for business monthly
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Eating a strict Paleo diet has eliminated my sons extremely bad seasonal allergies and his constant nasal drip and phlem problem. AND completely cleared up his acne And, he lost 140 pounds. Paleo/Primal ROCKS!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

That is fantastic! He should be a Friday success story, or maybe he already is?

tomi is online now Senior Member
    No - he isn't a part of the MDA world. I could write up his story and send it in though
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

You should!

Since I worked last night, I slept in my cave today. It has occurred to me that I have not had a hot flash in my cave. Maybe I should sleep there all of the time. It is decidedly cooler there, for one thing. Maybe that is what I need? My home is not overheated by any means, but who knows what triggers these things?

Everyone read Mark's guest post today? Go read it! Some really good stuff there. Do you read MDA every day? You should. It is really motivating pretty much every day.

First dress rehearsal tonight! Three hours standing on risers, can't wait! Hope it isn't too brutal. It will be fun to hear the soloists.

ecks is offline Senior Member
    You've mentioned this cave several times now but have not really hashed out what it was. lol you're startin to sound like Tike!

So what's this cave of yours?
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

PrimalCon New York
    Oh, it's quite a few pages back. I have been having trouble sleeping during the day in my nice light, airy room filled with windows and skylights and french doors. So I cleared off the landing and tucked a little cot in under the eaves. I made a blackout for the skylight and when I close all the doors it is very dark and quiet and very cave-like. My plan has been to sleep in my regular bedroom when I am sleeping at night and in the cave during the day, but I am sleeping so much better in the cave I might just move there all of the time.