Page 244 of 590 FirstFirst ... 144194234242243244245246254294344 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,440 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 244

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Happy Easter, ragwort! There is always hope...

Dinner was baked ham and sweet potato fries (swoon).
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    I love sweet potatoes, but do not care for the fries - I think it's a texture thing.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

campanella is offline Senior Member
    Happy Easter! I'm belatedly enjoying your description of the good friday service- my favorite as well! We do Byrd's Ave Verum every year, which is special in of itself!

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Siobhan, so glad that New man is now no longer the man. I think there is a better match for you out there somewhere! You are smart and a hard worker and fun. You need someone who will add to that - not require carrying!! Better to have no-one than a hanger-on!

Your new cat sounds awesome - that photo is just gorgeous! Any pics of your boy yet? I would love to see him. I hope they all get settled down and start to enjoy each other soon. Those adjustment times are really tough on everyone... Happy Easter - what a wonderful time of the year - so much hope after all the death and dying and torment.
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

Got some of the worst kind of spam last night! Can you imagine actually sending money to someone like that? Bizarre.

Yes, I am glad I made the decision to cut things off with New Man. Another friend had been making noises about the unsuitability of him as well and made a comment almost identical to David's. That really made me think. When everyone is telling you the same thing...time to listen. But I hope he finds what he is looking for...or something.

The cats are doing well together - not curled up asleep in a big cat pile yet, but co-existing peacefully. I love Oboe so much. He is just so beautiful and good-natured.

Nothing exciting to report on the food front - just regular primal stuff. I have some bay scallops, I'm going to bake them in bacon wraps.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

I am happy to report that last night's torrential rain has removed the last vestiges of snow that were hanging on. I'm sure there are still some great piles in parking lots and such, but for all practical purposes it is gone from here. Must say I am glad about that!

June68 is offline Senior Member
    I just love that you call him Oboe!! I know that's weird, but it's such a fun word and I've always wanted to be able to say I was an oboist. Alas...I am not musical.
    5' 9" 44 YO F
    PB start June 2, 2012
    Pre PB SW = 180 (no scale at home, Mom's scale January - 153lbs!)

PB Journal

He came with that name, and he knows it AND I like it, so it's all good. He is named after his former owners's favorite stop on the organ. I think it is cool and it is a very good pet name as it has a unique sound of the sort that animals respond to. I will try to get some pics of him, unfortunately my camera is complete garbage.

Anybody seen the spoof bacon mouthwash commercial on YouTube? Sign me up!

Well, today was a mixed bag. Went to the pool but strangely felt I had no energy or real will to do anything. Actually, I had that ache-y nausea just-not-well feeling you get when you are coming down with something. I splashed around for 20 minutes, then went in the sauna, showered and came straight home. Baked some brazilian tapioca cheese bread and ate some with almond butter and honey. Great combination, BTW. I used ricotta cheese for this batch, mainly because I have some around. The breads didn't puff up and are much harder and flatter. This is not a bad thing, in fact it makes for an excellent sandwich or pizza. Slept in my cave for almost three hours. That was nice. Cats all peaceful. They were separated, not on purpose really, but when it came time to shut the doors they were all settled in different rooms. They remained contented all afternoon.

Off to work tonight.