Page 242 of 590 FirstFirst ... 142192232240241242243244252292342 ... LastLast
Results 2,411 to 2,420 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 242

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Yeah, who would think? I can't believe the coconut oil and baking soda works so well. There is no downside! I'll try that tooth cleaner. I need something for work.

New Cat is wonderful, I love him so much. It's funny how these things work. I'm feeling a bit guilty at neglecting my other cats, but they can't mix yet. New Cat is, both in appearance and temperament, like a combination of two cats I have had, long gone to cat heaven. It's not fair to make these judgments and comparisons, but the mind goes where it will sometimes. I love the smoky grey color with subtle striping and ticking, and the cream and peach underside. Fluffy tail and back legs. He is one of those cats that knows what he wants and goes straight for it. I admire that in both cats and people.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    So, do you mix the coconut oil and baking soda to make a spreadable paste, or do you oil up and then throw some baking soda at yourself?

I put on the coconut oil and then dust the baking soda on. Coconut oil is taking over my life. I'm using it all over my body and inside too! My new hair stuff has coconut oil as a prominent ingredient also.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Cave Bird is offline Member
    Siobhan, I googled your cat. He looks like a combo of a lynx and a mountain lion! so gorgeous! I wish I could have a cat, but i have a bird. Not a good combo!

I'm so enjoying your journal, its very inspiring! You give me lots of good ideas for things to cook. FYI, for the record, I think you should kick New Guy to the curb, he's not good enough for you!

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cave Bird View Post
    FYI, for the record, I think you should kick New Guy to the curb, he's not good enough for you!
    ^x2
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

June68 is offline Senior Member
    agreed.
    the cat sounds awsome.
    the guy, not so much. Better to get it over before he gets too attached. Like taking off a bandaid; quick and all in one go!
    5' 9" 44 YO F
    PB start June 2, 2012
    Pre PB SW = 180 (no scale at home, Mom's scale January - 153lbs!)

PB Journal

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by June68 View Post
    agreed.
    the cat sounds awsome.
    the guy, not so much. Better to get it over before he gets too attached. Like taking off a bandaid; quick and all in one go!
    Have to say I agree............ last thing you want is to get attached to a guy who doesn't seem to have a future. He may be one of those lazy ass guys who floats from place to place on whatever couch he can sleep on.

Time to say "no thanks". There are LOTS of other really great guys out there who have something wonderful to offer. Get back on Match.com and see what you can find!

Kitty is pretty!!!!

I'm going to try that deoderant idea....... but I might do a paste so I have it all in one container. Thanks for the great tip!

Edit: Mixed up some - I'll try it tomorrow!
    Last edited by tomi; 03-29-2013 at 01:22 PM.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Things I choose to let go:

All grains - including rice
    Refined sugars
    Legumes - including peanut butter
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Acidic foods, such as pineapple and tomato
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter

I'm choosing to do this......... I don't HAVE to.

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Yeah, you are all right about the guy. It's time to fish or cut bait and I know which it should be. He's not for me. I need to formulate a script and make the call. No, I'm not going to take the chicken way out and text him or email him.

OTOH New Gray Cat is wonderful. When I come home he is so excited to see me, like a dog. So affectionate and good natured. Good eater but not greedy. Loves to be groomed and is okay with nail clipping. Very clean. Purrs like a motorboat.

Just spent three hours in church! Good Friday. It is so refreshing to the soul to give oneself over to torment and misery and loss. Sometimes I feel church is too schmaltzy, too much of a social occasion. At least once a year we strip all of that away and face the reality that bad things happen, things we don't and can't understand. There is a retired Methodist paster (female) who always preaches a short sermon at the ecumenical service and I really enjoy her take on things. She never descends into schmaltz, yet makes things deeply personal. I am also a little amazed by her as she is almost 80 and was ordained as a minister long, long before such things were common.

Well, not much to report. Watched some TV, a rarity for me, but PBS had some good programs about religion and tolerance. Because of Good Friday, I am sure. Had asparagus and a hamburger patty for dinner. Some hot flashes during the night, but not as bad as before. Honestly, the chill that follows the hot flash is worse. I was awake for a time, during which Grey Cat insisted upon some lovin'. He is a cuddlebug. When I went back to sleep, I slept very well for the rest of the night. Woke up hungry, had some eggplant/beef/mushroom concoction. Must think about what I am going to eat tomorrow as the stores will be closed - Maine law. Going to swim now -
    Last edited by Siobhan; 03-30-2013 at 09:38 AM.

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Must think about what I am going to eat tomorrow as the stores will be closed - Maine law.
    Eggs, you need eggs.......
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html