Page 241 of 590 FirstFirst ... 141191231239240241242243251291341 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,410 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 241

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Well, I've done it now. Today I got another cat. He is GORGEOUS! Stunning. I will have to take a pic and post it soon. Now is not a good time, he is still adjusting. A woman from my choir announced last night that she had a cat that needed a good home. The rest is history. I couldn't believe it when I pulled up in front of their house; it's a freakin' mansion. They are about to leave on a nine-month cruise and the cat has become an escape artist, able to open the dog door. The house sitter was really unhappy and they realized that he will most probably die if they leave him there - they are surrounded by woods, fishers, raccoon, foxes. He is a purebred Somali, beautiful smoky gray and full of personality. Soft as a newborn chick. He is so friendly! I love him already.

I tried to make an eggplant lasagna, but well...when I took the roasted eggplant out of the oven, it looked so good...I ate most of it. I did make the lasagna, but it has precious little eggplant in it. Still delicious, though!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    Funny! I layered mine on raw and it worked beautifully.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Yeah, if I'd done that I would now have eggplant lasagna instead of a casserole thing with some bits of eggplant in it. Still, it was delicious.

NewMan is coming over tonight. I'm not so sure about having him in my home, but oh well. He WILL be going home tonight. I dunno.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

This isn't an actual picture of my new cat, but it looks just like him.

somali-cat-picture-4.jpg

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    I'm not a cat person (but they love me) and he's pretty.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

ecks is offline Senior Member
    His tail is sooo fluffy!
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Yep, a beautiful cat.
    I gripe about the hair and the claws,
    but I can't imagine life without a cat.

I love him so dearly already. I hate to admit this, but he is my favorite. He has such a way about him. It is a slow adjustment. Not much sleep was had, and BW Cat decided that not only does he not like the newcomer, he doesn't like Slim Cat either. Bit of a wrench in the works as all three cats have to be divided in this small home. But luckily it all works. I spent an hour looking for New Cat, he had managed to get into a closet and hide himself very effectively. But now he is playing with a catnip toy and has just had some food. It will just take some time.

Let NewMan come over and we watched TV. I sat in a chair and he lounged on my bed/sofa. There was no monkey business. He revealed that he does not like green vegetables and only eats peas and green beans. He showed up empty-handed for his first visit to my home. He knows I don't drink beer and I certainly was not going to buy any. He drank a glass of red wine, unfortunately I did not have any good stuff. Or maybe it was fortunate. I was very tired and badly wanted to go to sleep; it had been quite a day with the new addition and everything. We watched Science Wednesday on PBS. He said it is enjoyable for him as he doesn't have a TV. Normally I would consider that a positive, but I think the reason he doesn't have one is that he is penniless. I'm really not sure about this at all. I am absolutely not interested in supporting another adult, especially a perfectly capable one. The three cats are it. And I am practical enough that I would send them out to work if it were possible! They just have to earn their keep through companionship, but that doesn't hold for a human. I wouldn't mind hanging in there while he gets back on his feet; i.e. gets a good job, which can take awhile. But I'm not sure that's what is happening here.

After a very disturbed night of sleep and feeling very tired, I could not get warm this morning. I cranked up the wood stove and shut myself in the kitchen with the two resident carnivores, leaving Gray Cat by himself in the rest of the house. That worked well and I slept for a good chunk of time, 3 hours at least. Feeling a little better.

Girly stuff - My hair is really taking a beating from swimming and after doing some research I decided to try one of the next 'cleansing conditioner,' kind of a twist on the old shampoo + conditioner in one stuff like Pert. I found one called Renpure that has nothing bad in it - no sodium laurel/laureth stuff, propylene glycol, gluten, phthalates, etc. It doesn't lather up. After one use I am very happy. I put a little on the ends as a leave-in and it is nice, not greasy at all.

For the past week or so I have been using coconut oil and baking soda as an underarm deodorizer. I am shocked to report that it works great! I can't imagine why, but my pits are fresh as daisies even after 24 hours and I don't seem to be sweating, at least not excessively, and the coconut oil doesn't come off on my clothes. I had visions of greasy pit stains on all of my shirts. I can't imagine why this is so effective, but I have wanted for many years to get away from antiperspirants and those questionable chemicals. But smelling like a locker room is not an option. I will keep using this. It also has the advantage of being dirt cheap.

campanella is offline Senior Member
    Wow, I'll have to try the soda+coconut oil. I started using Tropical Traditions' tooth cleaner and it is fantastic! Just baking soda, coconut oil and some lovely spices. The cinnamon one is really strong but I love it. No fluoride and it cleans my teeth much better.
    New Cat sound precious.