Page 237 of 590 FirstFirst ... 137187227235236237238239247287337 ... LastLast
Results 2,361 to 2,370 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 237

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Well, worked all night, went home and changed, off to church for Palm Sunday service. It all went very well. Went home and slept in my cave for 3 hours. Back at work now. Not tired really, but craving carbs like crazy! Sleep and eating are closely related, make no mistake. Can't wait to get caught up and get some real sleep. Am drinking a lot of water as I know I am dehydrated.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Hey, did you catch the Comment of the Week on the Weekend Love Link? That's mine!

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    Thought it sounded familiar!
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Hey, did you catch the Comment of the Week on the Weekend Love Link? That's mine!
    HA!! Love it

Well, the weekend of sleep deprivation is over and I am very glad. About 3 AM I was so tired - not sleepy, just worn out. It was a quiet night and I was pacing the halls to keep myself going. It's all kind of a blur now. I got home and collapsed in my cave. It was dark and quiet and cool and the carnivores joined me in that mystical practice known as sleep. Inspired by a Healthy Summit I listened to - TMI coming up - I removed all of my underwear and just wore my baggy stretched out PJs. I thought this might also help with sleeping/hot flashes to be as unconstricted as possible. I slept for 6 hours, no hot flashes! I am cautiously optimistic that the herbs are helping. When awake I have had occasional mild flashes, nothing to complain about.

Woke up STARVING. (Not literally, of course) Had a pile of carnitas with a fried egg, my current favorite go-to meal. I was smiling as I was eating, both because it was delicious and also because according to CW I should fall over and die immediately. I need my first meal upon awakening to be fat and protein, VLC, and that certainly fits the bill.

Went for a swim and feel pretty normal. Also ran around barefoot for a bit. There is still a lot of snow but large bare patches allow for ground contact. Turned my sleeping cave back into a lounge area - removed blackout from skylight and put lounge cushions on the cot. I think it looks acceptable. It is easy to convert - less than 60 seconds. I have a few days off work and won't be day sleeping.

Threw together - literally - a casserole type thing with spaghetti squash, ground beef, onion, tomatoes, ricotta, egg, spices. It's in the oven. We'll see how it tastes!

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    I removed all of my underwear and just wore my baggy stretched out PJs.
    Was somewhat surprised by this. Do you usually sleep in underwear? Do most people? (I guess it is not the type of question one usually asks. ) I was told by my parents that you have to let your body breathe at night, so loose or no clothing.

And 'all'? Does this mean a BRA at night? Yikes.

(See, rather than TMI, this was actually a NEI. Please, do tell, Siobhan, all the details of your sleeping attire! )

Just a quick report that the casserole thing is delicious and I have eaten a large chunk of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Was somewhat surprised by this. Do you usually sleep in underwear? Do most people? (I guess it is not the type of question one usually asks. ) I was told by my parents that you have to let your body breathe at night, so loose or no clothing.

And 'all'? Does this mean a BRA at night? Yikes.

(See, rather than TMI, this was actually a NEI. Please, do tell, Siobhan, all the details of your sleeping attire! )
    Yes indeed. The thought of not wearing panties at night is very odd to me, and a few years ago, due to the natural aging process if you know what I mean, I have found it more comfortable to wear a stretchy bra-like construction pretty much all of the time. Sort of like sports bras but much looser and less supportive. I know a lot of women find it very freeing and comfortable to go without a bra but I am not one of them. As for sleeping with or without panties, I don't know the statistics, but I have never slept without them. I have never found it comfortable to sleep nekkid for a number of reasons, one being that I get cold. I don't remember my parents ever telling me one way or another, but growing up we all slept in panties (as far as I know) and pajamas. Sleep is so interesting, isn't it? The smallest details are so important. The tiniest thing can mean the difference between utter bliss and nightmares. I just listened to the Healthy Summit presenter on sleep, Chris Kesser, got a lot of good out of that. One thing I was relieved to hear is that he said research has not upheld the idea that the skin has light sensors. It is well accepted that the eyes have light sensors independent of sight, but even though a preliminary study suggested the skin contains these sensors, further study has not shown this to be true. Also, he differentiates between natural light and artificial light. So my moonlit and starlit sleeping is okay!

Sad to report that my sleep deprived weekend has left me with a little eczema on my cheeks. (Facial cheeks ) I am sure it will disappear with some good primal living.

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Doctor told me decades ago to sleep nude. I can do it in the summertime but most of the time I only wear hand-me-down XL tall v-neck tees from DH.