Page 236 of 511 FirstFirst ... 136186226234235236237238246286336 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,360 of 5109

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 236

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Yay for silver haired gorgeous Siobhan!! We had carnitas last night for the first time ever (as a result of hearing you rave about them!) and DH was in heaven. We all enjoyed, but DH just loves Mexican food and he chowed down on multiple helpings mixed with lettuce, sour cream, grated cheese and salsa! I baked the big pices of fat until I was left with lard and the crispy bits. YUMMY! Thanks!

Just take your time with Newman! No rush, let it develop however it does ... maybe you'll just move in different directions, or maybe you'll decide you really do enjoy time together ... keep it low key. Good luck on figuring it all out!
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 218 lbs
    S.T. goals: stabilize hormones, JUDDD, sleep early and long
    LTG: Find my sweet spot with which foods work for me and start losing weight
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

Just take it one bite at a time ...

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    I have been dealing with peri-menopausal symptoms for over 13 years. I have only had a handful of daytime hot flashes. My main and troublesome symptoms have been insomnia-- to the point of not sleeping for several nights in a row--, night sweats, and joint/muscle pain.

Around 2001-2 my symptoms were so bad that I had my endo test my estradiol level. It was undetectable. Weird because I was still having regular periods. I was sent to my gyno and was put on HRT-- estradiol and prometrium. I have also used testosterone cream.

HRT, for me, is a lifesaver. It has helped me get off Rx pain and sleep meds.

Since the beginning of this year night sweats and sleep issues have increased again. I think it's related to not having a period since December-- I hope saying that doesn't jinx things as I am 56 and have had periods since I was 11. I am beyond ready to be done.

A book that helped me:
    Women, Weight and Hormones: A Weight-Loss Plan for Women Over 35: Elizabeth Lee, M.D. Vliet: 9780871319326: Amazon.com: Books

Siobhan is online now Senior Member
    I am glad you all liked it. I am the Queen of Carnitas! The dish that will drive a vegan mad!

I had my spaghetti squash concoction. SS, onions, garlic, parsley, walnuts, pancetta, butter, salt, pepper. Sadly, it wasn't that good. Very filling, I couldn't finish it. Just okay, and considering how much it cost, not worth it. Why wasn't it good? I don't really know. Just okay. Had half a spiced burger patty to console myself. Couldn't manage more, too full!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Thank you so much for that, marcadav! I had my last period in January, so I don't know for certain I am done - have thought I was done before and found out differently! I will be 54 this year, and yeah, I'm with you - DONE. Got my period when I was 13 and enough is enough. Luckily that book is available at the library, hopefully it will be here next Tuesday. On the whole, I shouldn't complain. I never had any real problems with my period other than it being the most inconvenient thing ever. I've had some minor symptoms through the years but never anything bothersome. When I was in my mid-40's I went through a time where I was simply warm all of the time - no matter the temperature I didn't need a coat or a blanket at night. But it was nothing like these hot flashes. It was actually kind of cool to not ever have to worry about being cold. Luckily, I think most doctors, mine included (although CW) are very sympathetic to the not-sleeping-because-of-hot-flashes. I'm not ruling anything out - I HAVE to sleep.

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Well, I had a hot flash free night, although not a particularly restful one. Just not sleeping that well, which I am blaming on menopause, hot flashes or not. But it was okay. I did get some good sleep. This morning I have a three hour rehearsal for the Brahms Requiem, then have to rest this afternoon for work tonight.

Three hour choir practice this morning, very productive. I credit being primal with my ability to keep my temper despite a very bossy, noisy woman who has been sitting next to me the last two practices. Nuff said there.

Practice was preceded by a breakfast of cod with a coconut milk Asian type sauce. Lunch was going to be just a bowl of bone broth punched up with Masala sauce and more of the coconut milk sauce, but...I took the meh spaghetti squash dish from yesterday and mixed it with two eggs, cooked into an omelet/pancake type shape. Meant to eat it later, after I woke up from my afternoon nap. Tasted it to make sure it was edible. Yeah, it was edible. I did everything but lick the plate! Funny how adding eggs to just about anything makes it good.

Getting ready to relax now. Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    I love Brahms Requiem! Enjoy the rehearsal!
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 27.5

If you want a ticket, let me know, I have some for sale! It's going to be terrific - 60-voice choir (at least), orchestra, professional soloists. Being held in a stunningly beautiful historic church with great acoustics.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Anyone reading this, go watch this video. It is about 15 minutes long.

The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr Morris Lessmore Complete Movie - YouTube
    That was awesome!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

PrimalCon New York
    No hot flashes yet today. Had a very nice 2-hr sleep in my cave. Although I am ashamed to admit this, I am letting in a little bit of light because it is kind of freaky to have it totally 100% dark, even for me. It is so dark that I literally cannot see anything, not my hand right in front of my face. That is just too dark!