Page 235 of 590 FirstFirst ... 135185225233234235236237245285335 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,350 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 235

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Thank you, tomi! I will admit I get scared sometimes, that the weight will come back, that I will get depressed or sick or something. It is almost too good to be true. No, it IS too good to be true. Yet true it is. I hope I can be of help to others. I would have been lost doing this on my own, starting this journal and meeting people here is key to my success.

Had bacon-wrapped scallops and a good hunk of cod for an early dinner. Tonight I have Bible study and then choir practice, so I wanted to eat early. I broke out the new bottle of coconut aminos to put on the scallops. Is that stuff ever good! I might as well throw away the soy sauce, which I rarely use because...it...is...soy. Now I am very happily drinking a large mug of turmeric tea with a good dollop of heavy cream in it.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

tomi is offline Senior Member
    We're making cream cheese and shrimp stuffed halibut for dinner With roasted veggies.

I agree with you that finding this group on MDA is KEY to making this work!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    I am happy to report that I am not smelly any more. The nasty smell that was plaguing me has disappeared. Awfully glad about that.
    Kind of an oniony smell? That always corresponded to hot flashes for me.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

It was kind of oniony. I was very self-conscious about it. It did not appear to have anything to do with my hygiene, I was showering and using smell well and whatnot. Oddly, this morning I thought I smelled like sugar cookies when I woke up. What was that about?

Hot flashed my way through choir practice. Sigh.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Anyone reading this, go watch this video. It is about 15 minutes long.

The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr Morris Lessmore Complete Movie - YouTube

Anyone reading this, go watch this video. It is about 15 minutes long.

The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr Morris Lessmore Complete Movie - YouTube

Just made up a YouTube playlist of REM songs. Why REM? Because I cannot dance, have never danced, very self-conscious about it. I figure if Michael Stipe can not only get up and dance in front of everyone, AND make a lot of money doing it, I can at least do it in my living room. (For those who may not know, Michael Stipe, the lead vocalist of REM and considerably gifted musician and songwriter, cannot dance. He waves his arms around in a kind of lame white boy way.) I swing the hammer around, but I needed something else. So I hammer around for awhile, then throw on the REM, pick up my 2-lb. weights and make like Michael Stipe. It's pretty fun. It freaks out the cats.

Trying to decide what to do about NewMan. He is still in the picture although I haven't said much about him lately. To be honest I'm not that interested, although I can't put my finger on why. There is the obvious - he doesn't really have any disposable income, he can't go out and do anything like plays or concerts or movies. I'm not interested in meeting up in bars and drinking as a regular thing. (Beer is cheap. Of course I don't drink beer.) I need to fish or cut bait, but I can't bring myself to do either. It doesn't help...TMI here...I have no libido and don't have any interest in pursuing that aspect of a relationship with him.

These bloody hot flashes don't help. As I was lying awake the other night, it occurred to me that there is no way I can actually sleep in the same bed with someone at this point. I'm talking about sleeping, not anything else. If you've ever had a bad hot flash you know what I'm talking about. If one has a long time partner, that would be one thing - someone at whom you could yell, "Don't touch me!" and they would get it. Someone who knows why you are throwing all the covers wildly about and thrashing around.

On the positive side, after experiencing a few private summers during choir practice, I did not have any last night. Not that I remember, or at least not severe enough to totally wake me. I slept quite well. Went to sleep very late, no idea what time, and woke up in the light, maybe 6:30 AM. I'll take it.

Had a really great swim today, just felt like a fish. Water was perfect. Have not had a hot flash yet.

Brought home a spaghetti squash today. I don't know why I haven't had one in so long. I am going to indulge myself in SS dressed with gorgonzola, pancetta, olive oil, butter, parsley, and walnuts.

I'm doing okay with not dying my hair. The last time was before Thanksgiving. I am adjusting to a new mental image of myself as a gray/silver-haired woman. It's not such a shock when I look in the mirror.

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    I'm doing okay with not dying my hair. The last time was before Thanksgiving. I am adjusting to a new mental image of myself as a gray/silver-haired woman. It's not such a shock when I look in the mirror.
    I bet you're still beautiful even with the greys. Good on you for accepting the change
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I am! I am freakin' gorgeous!