Page 233 of 590 FirstFirst ... 133183223231232233234235243283333 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,330 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 233

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    What helped me the most with menopause, give up alcohol
    Sorry, but 'tis true.. And various herbs, I love herbs so much, gifts from God for every need.
    Only problem, you have to take daily and for a month or so to see results, and most people give up when they don't see immediate improvement.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Thank you so much, everyone for the tips. I will be trying all of them in one form or another. You ladies are the best! If we could all get together for real, I would have everyone running around barefoot, eating carnitas and other meats, dancing, making a huge racket. Hot flashes would be banned, as would any other unpleasant thing that we could just spear and do away with.

I've starting taking a herbal supplement that I chose carefully. It is rather expensive but luckily it was on sale and I had a discount. I have a 60-day supply and I'm committed to taking it for that long, barring some type of bad side effect. I will give up anything except meat and veg! I am cutting back on fruit, something I know I need to do. I eat way too much - I have been eating an apple AND a banana AND an orange AND a cup of berries every day. The wine has to go, too. As a respiratory therapist, it doesn't surprise me that positional changes can affect the body's ability to control temperature, so I'll be trying that immediately! If I have good results from making all these changes, I of course will not know which of the factors made the difference. But I need quick action, so I'd rather do everything and then add stuff back in rather than try one thing at a time.

The good news is that I slept this morning pretty well, no hot flash that I can remember. I got maybe 4.5 hours uninterrupted, which is a record these days.

We are having a whopper of a snowstorm. I had an adrenaline-filled drive home, once again thanking the tire gods for the studded ones on my car. It was quite a good feeling to pull into the garage, bring the door down and retreat to my cave. All kinds of strange noises as the snow falls off the roof. And to think I put my snowshoes away! I'll have to get them out again. Pretty sure choir will be cancelled tonight. I must admit I am relieved.

Had some chicken with good homemade bone broth and a couple of tablespoons of masala sauce added in. Delish.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

The cats have adjusted to the sleeping cave. When I woke up, BW Cat was sleeping against my leg and Slim Cat was sitting right by my head. When I opened my eyes, he looked at me very steadily for a few minutes, then with perfect grace leapt over my head, clearing the bed and landing lightly on the floor. Cats are amazing.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    We love the masala sauce so much. Even meat and potatoes hubby commented on how good it is last night. I said, yes, thx to Siobhan. He said, SioWho . I order it from amazon, several jars at a time.

Be careful in the storm; those tires have been your buddies this winter. Azaleas, dogwoods, cherry and pear trees all blooming down here in the south. Pollen blooming too

It is good stuff, isn't it? I use it for all sorts of things. A couple of tablespoons in soup is great, really livens things up.

Choir is definitely cancelled tonight; I had decided not to go anyway, even with someone else driving. I spend enough time out in storms when I don't have a choice, I wasn't going to do it when I can decide for myself.

Just got two pieces of news. A very good and close friend has lost his job. Then one of the per diems at work called and begged me to take a day off tomorrow and let him work. Jobs...scary things. So I'm not working tomorrow but feeling a little weird about it.

Been listening to TED talks, having been inspired by Mark's post about one of them. Amazing stuff!

For dinner I had two tapioca breads, a Niman Ranch sausage, and a lot of parsnip fries. For dessert I had some bell peppers and a glass of milk as a snack. I rarely drink milk straight up like that, but once in a while I feel like it.

Still snowing like crazy. My skylights are all covered. My landlord has been gone for several days, he is off on a ski trip, so there is no one around for quite some distance. Kind of a weird being this isolated sometimes.

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Don't worry - you have the attack cats to keep you company!
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    Isn't it funny how the spammers always find the same quote? I'm rather bamboozled about that.

Nice the the felines have found the new sleeping cave. Most comforting.

Hope you have found some lovely peaceful solitude in the snowy night. I'm very tired of winter.

Slept fairly well. I was asleep by 10:30 and woke at 3 or so. Rather than toss and turn I got up and spent some quality time with a book. Back to sleep at 4:30 and awake at 8. Yes, I had some hot flashes, but not as frequent or as bad. I woke only twice. I slept on my left side and when I woke with a hot flash I turned onto my stomach instead of my back. Funny how a little thing like that seems to make a big difference, as the heat dissipated but I didn't have the horrible chills afterward. Also woke to the most welcome sound of the plow in the driveway. So now I am free. Which is good, because I have almost no food left. I am down to a few baby bell peppers, one Niman Ranch sausage, one egg, rice crackers and salmon cream cheese,and some bone broth. Milk and tea. Actually it looks like a lot when I put it like that, but it looks pretty lonely in my refrigerator. Guess I am used to abundance! Also spent a little time worrying about my chimney/stovepipe catching fire and running out of propane. This keeps me from worrying about doing my taxes, my jobless friends, and those things that like to creep up on me in the night.

The cure for all this is to leave my cocoon and get out into the world. The post office, the Y, the library, the grocery store. In a village like this, these are all very social places, particularly after a storm.

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    I look forward to hearing what you hunt up for provisions.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html