Page 232 of 590 FirstFirst ... 132182222230231232233234242282332 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,320 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 232

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Okay, everyone watch this:

Allan Savory: How to green the desert and reverse climate change | Video on TED.com

From the Weekend Love Link. I never thought a lecture about livestock could give me chills, but this one did!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

“"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Dinner was a tapioca cheese bread with a fried egg and a lot of sauteed onion. Also a boatload of roasted cauliflower and a fair amount of Vouvray.

“"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Sounds yum!
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Your new sleeping cave sounds splendid. I never really had problems with sleep when working rotating 12 hour shifts, but was always sleep deprived, since most of that time my kids were young. I slept grand in the daytime, hubby would have the kids at daycare before I got home, but it was always hard to get up. I'd make myself get up early afternoon so I could run before picking up the kids and spending time with them before supper and work. I could have easily slept all day, but got in about 6 hours on a good day.

I've been meaning to roast parsnips again, have had a bag in the fridge for a couple of weeks but haven't quite gotten there yet. I'm the only one who eats them. Well, hubby would if they're there, but then I'd have to share . Maybe tomorrow.

I'm looking so forward to getting my bare feet on the earth, but there's another half a foot of snow on the way tonight to add to the many feet in the yard already. It will be a while.

Sabine is offline Senior Member

Some spammers know what it is all about

Quote Originally Posted by Henry1rew4er View Post
    I went Primal because of my cat. And my neighbor’s goat. Don’t forget the goat.
    Henry1rew4er- we could NEVER forget the goat!

Do you think the spammers ever go primal?

Well, I went shopping and it is y'all's fault. I went to the dentist and came home with Merrill Pace Gloves. I tried them on at the discount shop next to the dentist - couldn't believe they had them - and walked away. I shouldn't be spending that much money right now. Then I turned my car around. They fit so great, well, they fit like...wait for it...a glove. A glove for my feet. Totally different than Fives. They should last for a very long time, basically there isn't much to wear out on these pups. The look is totally acceptable for work, and they can be washed. Okay, lots of rationalization going on here.

Got up early for said dentist appointment, had carnitas. Went to food co-op and got some rice crackers and smoked salmon spread. This is just about my favorite meal right now. The rice crackers have no gluten and are surprisingly not that carb-y. They don't bother my tummy and the other stuff after the tummy. But I'm not making a habit of it, they are still empty calories and whoppingly expensive.

After spending yet another night tossing and turning and waking up with hot flashes, I caved and bought a herbal remedy with black cohosh and evening primrose oil. I have to try something. These hot flashes are making me miserable, mostly at night. It's not just the hot flash. It's that within a few minutes I feel very, very cold and can't get warm again. Finally I do, fall asleep only to wake up hot again. This can't continue. It's horrible. I will give it a shot. The bottle has enough for 2 months. I will stick with it for that long unless I get some nasty side effect. Two months should be enough to tell if it works at all.

Greensprout, I envy your ability to sleep well during the day. I go through periods where I sleep well and when I don't. I have now made my sleeping cave completely dark, having filled in all the chinks and cracks. It is almost too dark! I mean it is DARK. I'm going to need a flashlight to go to the bathroom. Seriously, as there is a stairway three feet from my bed.

No barefooting for me today. Too cold even for me! It is 19 F. And we are supposed to get a major storm tonight. Luckily this time of year the snow doesn't last too long. Usually!

Oh, got a clean bill of oral health from the dentist. Still don't like the hygenist. She had her dog out in her car. Claimed he would be fine in the car with a fleece blanket. It's 19F! I don't approve. I know many dogs live outside all of the time, but it isn't necessary and I think cars are different. If the dog can find his own place to curl up it might be more acceptable, but having the environment imposed on him like that isn't good. Last time I was there she talked about how recycling is a big waste of her time. And there was country music blaring. I like the dentist just fine, but maybe I will switch.

Overheard at the dentist: "Look into your OWN mouth, Dr. W!"

Got three blissful uninterrupted hours of sleep in my cave. I think I am getting more comfortable with it. It was strange at first. I really needed some good sleep, though. I think that in addition to the hot flashes, sleep disturbances are often part of menopause. Must look into this. It is so hard to find any solid research on menopause symptoms and what does or doesn't help. It's all anecdotal or the kind of breezy nonsense published in women's mags. You know, the ones that tell you to eat 'healthy whole grains.'

I miss my cats, though. They sleep in the cave when I'm not there, but haven't been sleeping with me. They have lots and lots of comfortable places to sleep, just about anywhere they want!

Doing fine food-wise. Sugar monster is sleeping the past couple of days. I had decided to lose a few more pounds and then that went by the wayside - losing weight in the dead of winter is hard. Now I am thinking I should double down and take off a few pounds and see if it helps with the hot flashes. I understand that estrogen is stored in fat, so by losing some I should release a bit of estrogen into my system. I just hate it when I have hot flashes at work during the night, and then get so cold afterward. I walk around, that helps, but it is not fun.

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Went a little crazy. I had so much energy. Ran all over the property, down to the water and up again. Found a really amazing tree that I never noticed before. It's huge! I tried to climb it but failed. I will one day, though. Ran around some more, jumped around. Came inside and opened a bottle of wine. Called a friend, who said he would do anything for me! Not going to call him out though. Ate a big plate of carnitas with all the fixings. Called a request in to a jazz radio program. Ordered a pair of ballet slippers after reading a number of reviews from ladies who wear them all the time and say the world would be a better place if we all wore them. A whopping $19 including shipping!
    I would love to join you on a day like this .
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Mountain Rose Herbs has a great tea that helps with menopausal symptoms.

As far as doing something with NewMan, what about a winter picnic? That would tell you if he is worth keeping around.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I have just mailed in my hormone test my ND ordered. I, too, have suffered from years of night sweats and day time "temperature fluctuations". Here's what I can offer you:

Rhubarb extract. The brand my ND gave me is "Estrovera" - with directions to take one each morning. No more.

Try sleeping on your left side or tummy, rather than right side or back. I cannot even begin to come up with a why, but this helps me a lot. To the point that, if I roll to my right, I will almost immediately start heating up.

It can be linked to thyroid, too. That's why my ND is having a complete hormone panel done on me, to pinpoint which part of the system might be out of balance (btw, I highly recommend a Naturopath).

Hope it helps.