Page 230 of 590 FirstFirst ... 130180220228229230231232240280330 ... LastLast
Results 2,291 to 2,300 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 230

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Yes, you want the fattier cuts. Loin also doesn't benefit from the long cooking time IMHO. So go cheap and you won't regret it. That reminds me, it might be time for some more carnitas as I have finished my spicy burgers and I am finally sated.

No work til Monday! Woot! I am tired. Slept well today with no aids. Very excited about having a few nights off. Must go do my barefoot thing -
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Ran around the property barefoot as is my new habit. Really good. Stepped on a pricker, just pulled it out and continued. My feet are so happy. Then I went swimming. Such fun! Our used bookstore is opening next week and they have the outside books stocked. At a glance I found five books I wanted! It's a sickness, but an okay one. Paid a whopping $1.25 for the books, then picked up my library books that just came in. Life is good.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Just altered one of my great thrift shop scores. I have purchased quite a few jeans/slacks that I like a lot only to shrink out of them. Mind you, I am not complaining! Last week I found a really nice pair of Gap jeans that fit perfectly, are very flattering and up to date but too long. I devised a rather ingenious way of shortening them using very minimal hand sewing skills and ironing tape while preserving the original hem. Worked out perfectly! I think they will be my new go-to jeans for just about everything.

Got some parsnips sizzling in the oven. Can't wait!

Update: Why didn't I know about parsnips before? They are fantastic! I must get some more, I must, I must!
    Last edited by Siobhan; 03-14-2013 at 03:48 PM.

Despite not sleeping well (not so unusual after three nights of work) I am pretty energetic. I certainly have lots of work to do around here, The place is a wreck after four days and nights of very minimal housekeeping and I have a cot set up in my kitchen, which needs to be moved onto the landing and the stuff on the landing needs to go...somewhere. Also the usual laundry, garbage removal, dusting, cat hair patrol, etc. Mounds of papers and books. Yes, I need to get off the computer and tackle this other stuff.

Food-wise doing very well. Thanks to something I saw on another journal, I remembered that it is a very good idea to have good broth around, and salty broth with butter is terrific for curbing cravings of just about any kind. Also makes a great breakfast or a satisfying but light dinner when you have put off eating for far too long and need to get to sleep. Last night after choir we changed a lot of lightbulbs in the church - quite a project - and I didn't get home until almost 11 PM. I was really tired and really hungry, the broth was great. Also I am feeling a bit heavy, probably from primal-but-less-than-optimal-eating patterns over the last few days. As in no meals, grabbing stuff every now and then, not sitting down to enjoy anything. Okay, enough stalling, I have to get into action.

Spammers out early this AM! They usually strike at night.

Whew! Very, very productive morning here! My new sleeping quarters are all set and they are great. This is a big improvement for me. I will have a dark, quiet, cool place to sleep during the day. The cot fits perfectly and is very comfortable. I made a blind that fits the skylight very well and is easy to place and remove. I shut the doors, turn on the fan, and voila. I am looking forward to sleeping there! Still loads to do in terms of cleaning this place, but the hard part is done.

I have worked up a powerful hunger. Parsnips are roasting in the oven, and I'm going to have some Niman Ranch sausages. They are delicious but so pricey that I save them for special occasions. I also gave the cats an extra meal to help them with the stress of dealing with my project. This kind of disturbance is difficult for them. Cats don't like changes to their environment and the especially don't like loud noises and vacuum cleaners. Neither do I, for that matter, but I can accept them.

Colder today, probably 30's. I still plan to do some barefooting. It will be good for toughening up my feet.

I'm revising my earlier assertion that raspberries are my favorite food. Actually whatever I happen to be eating is my favorite food.

Just polished off some awesome roasted parsnips and two pork sausages. I am so happy now. Endorphins everywhere!

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I love reading your journal, Siobhan. You are such a joyous person.

Coll is offline Senior Member
    I was eyeballing some parsnips the other day and wondering how I could prepare them - have never eaten them myself. Reading your journal is giving me the oomph to give it a shot. Glad you have figured out a good spot for your cot - I missed the stuff leading up to this. Is this for sleeping in the day?
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    My new sleeping quarters are all set and they are great. I will have a dark, quiet, cool place to sleep during the day. The cot fits perfectly and is very comfortable. I made a blind that fits the skylight very well and is easy to place and remove. I shut the doors, turn on the fan, and voila.
    Sounds like a cave!
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html