Page 229 of 590 FirstFirst ... 129179219227228229230231239279329 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,290 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 229

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    I am fortunate that my Earthing experiments are coinciding with a lot of melting here. We still have great piles of snow but many bare patches of ground, especially where I live as it is exposed to the water. I just went out for a little while, my feet are very happy. I am kind of hungry, so I came back inside to roast some cauliflower. I am going to go out again later. Maybe lying on the ground will aid my digestion.

Haven't heard from NewMan yesterday or today. Yesterday I called - no answer - and sent a text, just saying hello. The sad and possibly telling emotion from me is hopeful relief that he is just not interested and the relationship will die an early and natural death. I think there are just too many barriers. We are also at that stage where a slight misunderstanding could sink the whole thing, and that may have occurred. The second time we went out, he asked if I had any tattoos, and I said yes, I have two, a flower on my shoulder blade and one on my lower back, which I now regret I referred to as a 'tramp stamp.' I lifted my shirt slightly to show a bit of ink. I always forget that men are actually fifth-graders at heart. He keeps referring to my 'tramp stamp' and saying during phone conversations he is going to get a better look at it the next time he sees me. Now, that is a little thing, but it makes me uncomfortable. Like, does he think he can just paw through my clothing and look at my body? I don't find this enticing. On Sunday night he called after he got home and again said, "I didn't look at your tramp stamp. Next time I'm going to look at it." I said, "No, you're not looking at my tattoo." That was towards the end of the conversation. Now I am thinking he is going to throw in the towel because I'm not more forthcoming or whatever. Since the relationship is shaping up to be more of a buddies-type thing, I have no current plans to show any more of my body than is normally visible in ordinary clothing.

My feet are getting happier and happier when they are bare. I am walking around the house in bare feet a lot more in addition to my forays in the yard. Going slow! I'm going to keep my eyes open for a sale on minimal shoes - a hard thing to find these days.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    Hmmm It is true that all men are fifth graders, but it is equally true that all men are also college freshmen at heart too. If I were to make that comment about your tattoo, it would be because I was hoping to see it and a great deal more. But while I might hope for this, I would never announce it over the phone like he did. It seems a bit weird to me too.

I've jokingly referred to lower back tats in the same way. However, I've been involved with two women who had them, and neither was a tramp in any sense of the word.
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 224
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 30.5

Yeah, I'm willing to take 60% of the blame for this misunderstanding. It was really the repeated remarks that annoyed me. I foolishly let it go, thinking he would pick up on my subtle cues that I was uncomfortable with the level and type of enthusiasm he was showing. I didn't handle it well. And I don't even know if that is the problem. Maybe he's just bored or uninterested. But then, relationships are not my strong point. (Okay, stop laughing!)
    Last edited by Siobhan; 03-12-2013 at 05:09 PM.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Way, way too much excitement at work. MVA, three patients, two critical. Hey, we are a small hospital. Having to intubate two people virtually simultaneously is a big deal for us. For one thing, there is only one respiratory therapist. That would be me. But we got off easy. We tubed them and they were stable, decent BP etc. and we shipped them off to Portland. Horrible though. Young people, their lives are going to be very different. Certainly extensive paralysis.

Whew, tired!

I love Mark's new pic!

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    Hope you sleep well today - I always had issues after an adrenaline filled night!
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Wow, what a night. Now that it is over, I can look back and say I did my best, which is a good position to be in. We all did the best we could and I am happy about that. I got home as tired as I have ever been. I don't remember being that tired since I first started doing this and hadn't adjusted mentally or physically. Of course I could not go to sleep. I did something very un-primal. I took a benadryl and then it was lights out for four hours. I woke up...WIDE AWAKE...took 1/3 of an ambien. Slept three more hours and woke up very groggy. For those who know sleeping meds, this is the reverse of what normally happens. Anyway, I jumped out of bed, put on my earthing togs and walked around barefoot, down the hill, all over. The snow is all gone after a night of rain and the ground is almost warm. My feet are adjusting very quickly, getting tough. It was great. Hot shower, cup of tea, I am ready to go. And my cot is here! It is going to work out great, I know it is, and I will be sleeping better. It is easy to move around and set up is nothing.

Really hungry now! Haven't eaten for 12 hours.

Hope you have a good night.
    Female 53

Here I am at work, getting my second wind. Busy enough. I can't wait to get home and get my new sleeping quarters set up. I will not, however, be doing this tomorrow morning. But I have a few nights off after this and will be able to do things properly. The cardboard wrapping the bed came in will be perfect for making a blind for the skylight, how's that for recycling?

Scored a whole rotisserie natural chicken at the co-op, woot! Might have to snack on a drumstick before I start my rounds.

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Which cut of pork do you make the carnitas with? I have a pork loin and was wondering about using that? Or does it have to be a shoulder or butt? Just wondering since you seem to be the Queen of carnitas!
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 224.8 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    loin doesn't have enough fat in it in my opinion to make good carnitas.
    Female 53