Page 228 of 511 FirstFirst ... 128178218226227228229230238278328 ... LastLast
Results 2,271 to 2,280 of 5102

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 228

Siobhan is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Despite planning to stay up and read for hours, I fell asleep almost immediately and slept very well all night, finally getting up at 9 AM. I guess the mere idea of earthing is enough to put me to sleep! Today is cloudy but quite warm. Off to take turn around the yard.

Yes, being alone and independent has its advantages as well as its disadvantages. That is true of everything, is it not? But we all do what we have to. Honestly, I can't live with people. I've tried. It has sabotaged every relationship I have ever had in the end. And usually what precipitates the breakup is my discovering some new thing that I want to explore and my partner/husband/SO finding that really, really annoying and/or actively stopping me. Keep in mind I'm talking about things like gardening and cooking. I have uttered the phrase, "If you're not going to encourage me or help me, then stay out of my way!" several times in my life, and not in a nice happy way. But it just the way I am made. I have always been happier alone, exploring stuff. Sometimes I think I should have been a man, but I would have been a terrible man. So it's just as well I'm ME and no one else! (I feel like this could be a teenage diary entry.)
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

And so my n=1 earthing experiment continues...I went outside barefoot, walked around for several minutes, sat down on the ground near the water (technically I am not right on the ocean, this is a protected cove) and enjoyed the feeling of my feet and bum on the earth. As my body temp warmed the ground, I felt quite comfortable, and it is so beautiful. I could hear the church bells from the Catholic church approximately 3 miles away. Other than that, only sounds of nature. Then I walked around some more. The whole thing was only ten minutes or so. I have taken the precaution of having 'earthing clothes' as it is impractical to get new clothes dirty every day by laying on the ground in them. So I dragged out a pair of old yoga pants and a hoodie to wear on my barefoot excursions. And I will admit that it is awfully to nice to have the warm house just a few feet away. Anyway, my feet are very happy and so is the rest of me. Perhaps (probably) this is just the result of being outside and getting outside of myself for a few minutes. Whatever it is, I will take it.

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Had a great swim today. I go through periods where I just float around and play around a lot, and periods where I really push myself to swim hard. I'm going through a hard period right now, it just feels right. I've been working on changing up my breathing and that is going very well indeed. I do better holding my breath and then exhaling forcefully just before I surface for a breath, as opposed to exhaling slowly the entire time I am under water. I can easily swim three or four breast strokes breathing this way, and six or so freestyle. I don't feel air hunger and I am increasing my underwater time, particularly with the breast stroke and a very long glide. It's an amazing feeling, moving underwater, staying under and enjoying it without any feeling of panic. I am hypothesizing that by holding my breath I am giving my body more time to perform gas exchange, and the forceful exhalation helps push O's into my blood. (End pressure to improve oxygenation is an accepted fact, and is a major part of certain therapies that I perform in my job.) Came home and had a spiced burger on a tapioca roll, a few raspberries, and a couple of handfuls of green leaf lettuce. Now I must snooze for awhile in order to work tonight.

Hey all! Pedidoc is benign! Go check out her journal! And David is back! Go say hi!

campanella is offline Senior Member
    Your journal was always so great to read but now it's going in a really interesting direction. I think natural healing/conscience based healing is going to return with legitimacy to the science field before long... what's old is new again

Yay, David is back!

Thank you for that, I am so interested in learning and experiencing all that I can. I can't believe how this lifestyle is just opening up so many avenues for me.

Tonight I wore some very basic tennies with Superfeet insoles. This is a step towards going minimal. I know that I need to go slowly and I of all people know the damage and pain that can result from moving forward too quickly. So far so good. I have done a lot of running and the feet are perfect.

I got some of my favorite salmon and cream cheese spread and had that with bell peppers. Swoon-worthy! Then a mango, carb-y but so delicious, and a few raspberries. I'm so happy now!

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Female 52 travel for business monthly
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Those are so cool! *Eyeing credit card*

Hey, a spammer! And I thought they didn't care any more!

I was looking through a newspaper and saw a picture of raspberries. I stared at it for a long time, and then I realized that raspberries are my favorite food. Can you believe that? A year ago my favorite food was pizza.

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Those are so cool! *Eyeing credit card*
    I get many positive comments and they blend in a bit better than 5s. Although we do have one faculty who wears her 5s to teach in!
    Female 52 travel for business monthly
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I love your earthing stories Siobhan! You make me want to go out barefoot right now...but I think my feet won't be happy as it's freezing here and it snowed all day
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)