Page 227 of 590 FirstFirst ... 127177217225226227228229237277327 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,270 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 227

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I meant why do the Italians do it, and we don't? It is my understanding that it can develop at any time of life. I am always interested in healthcare practices in different countries. It is so strange how things that are considered practically deadly in some places are commonplace in others.

The tummy is still a little blech. I was hungry this morning but everything looked horrible. Finally I heated up some chicken, a tapioca bread, and followed that with raspberries and sour cream. Feel okay for now. Am tired, which is going to work out because I need to rest this afternoon. Didn't swim because it just didn't seem like the thing to do. I did have the energy to strip my bed and wash everything. Spent some time looking at cots - there are some very nice ones available. I am excited about my new idea. I may also be able to get rid of a couple of pieces of furniture that are just clutter catchers. The paring down process is a continual one.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Had a nice sleep! In further exploring my new sleeping idea I have become more excited as it seems very do-able and hopefully will cost less than $200 for cot, pad, foam boards, curtain and rod. I should put this into play immediately, not wait for summer. It will mean better sleep right now.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Ordered a nice looking cot from L.L. Bean for much less than I thought I would have to pay. Of course if it isn't suitable I can return it. I am really excited about this and looking forward to better sleep. Now if I can figure out what to do about the hot flashes!

Cooked some bacon here at work. So good! I wish I had more. Tummy is still a bit dicey.

NewMan texted me (can't talk at work) and asked if I want to get together tomorrow. I said yes and I am in fact looking forward to it. Not sure what we will do. Food, probably!

Sabine is online now Senior Member
    We have this neat place in town, which I want to go to for a date night sometime with Honey. It is a class environment, and a teacher walks you through how to paint a picture, usually a replica of a classic, think 'Starry Night', along with amusing chat and painting tips. Eldest took his grandmother there for her Christmas present, as a fun thing to DO together, instead of just a physical object. (Of course, you do end up with your own painting.) I think you can even BYOB.

Sounds very cool! Although the chances of having something like that here are pretty much zero. When I next visit my mom, I wil look for something like that, we always need things to do. Might abort the date idea today, I'm too tired and unmotivated to drive and there aren't really any other good ideas. It's kind of hard to go out on a post-work night. Although work was good last night. Got to take those good nights where I can find them.

Today is bright, sunny, and relatively warm - in the 40's. I went outside barefoot in a t-shirt to stand on the bare ground and absorb some sunlight. It is amazing how much warming power the sun has even at this time of year. I could feel it going right through me. I am interested in this whole Earthing thing - I broke down and purchased the book last night at the co-op. Pretty primal thing to connect directly with the Earth. The ground was surprisingly warm. There is still snow but mostly bare patches. I had a great urge to lie down. Maybe I will go do that right now...

Well. I did it. Amazing stuff. I walked down the hill in my bare feet, then lay down and pulled up my pant legs and sleeves to get sun. The ground was cold at first but very quickly I felt quite warm. The sun is brilliant. I was a little afraid my landlord would see me and 1) think I'm crazy 2) call an ambulance thinking I had fallen. At least 2) didn't happen! But it was wonderful. Like a massage or something relaxing and energizing at the same time. I came in and took a shower, then lay on my bed. The cats walked all over me and then actually lay on top of me, something they don't normally do. My feet are tingling like mad in a very good way. I realize I need to change my footwear and seriously get out of the foot casts I have been wearing. Must think about this and come to some resolution regarding work, where I need to protect my feet from very bad things like needles and heavy equipment, and doing the best thing for my health.

NewMan is driving here and we are going to have a drink or something.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    I meant why do the Italians do it, and we don't? It is my understanding that it can develop at any time of life. I am always interested in healthcare practices in different countries. It is so strange how things that are considered practically deadly in some places are commonplace in others.
    Just that we don't have a public health policy in this country.

ragwort is online now Senior Member
    I hope you have a lovely time with NewMan. I love the way you are really exploring the boundaries of your life in such a multi-faceted way. Those of us with family ties are not able to follow things through on the spur of the moment. I do so love reading your blog, I like thinking about another person with similar aims (primal) and a similar age, working hard and living .. really living. Keep up your musings and thank you for sharing.

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ragwort View Post
    I love the way you are really exploring the boundaries of your life in such a multi-faceted way. Those of us with family ties are not able to follow things through on the spur of the moment. I like thinking about another person with similar aims (primal) and a similar age, working hard and living .. really living. Keep up your musings and thank you for sharing.
    So very true. Some days in the midst of my family ups and downs, I feel like I'm living vicariously through following the goings on of the kidless people.

I'm very jealous of your barefooting and lying in the sun. I have about 3 feet of snow in my front yard, so similar antics are a long way off. I swear, I will NOT live somewhere with this type of climate when I have the choice. Which hopefully will be with retirement in about 5 years. Thinking west coast.

Why thank you, ragwort! I wonder if I go too far - lying on the ground in the winter in Maine and claiming to like it - hmmmm, you might say! But it's true. I am really interested in trying these new things that I would have been very skeptical of. And I am still a skeptic, very much so. But I want to find out things for myself, not just blindly do as I'm told, as I did for so many years. (Healthy grains! Bah!)

Had a couple of drinks (hard cider for me) and shared a dinner with NewMan. I had a piece of roasted chicken and he had the ribs - it is chicken and ribs special night at the restaurant. He has driven here twice now, I know he is really interested but I am still very much on the fence. I enjoy spending time with him but I wish he a nickel or two to rub together. It is not that he needs to be rich, but he does need to have enough cash to go out dutch, which he really doesn't. I think even buying the gas is a stretch.

I'm really interested in reading more about earthing. I don't like the book so much - it is unfortunately written in snake-oil-salesman style. That doesn't mean it doesn't have good information, though. I'll have to search through the forum and see what others here think, but I want to read up on it myself first. I am willing to try virtually anything to help my feet. Although they are fine now, I spent too many years in terrible pain and I know how easily it could return. And no matter how good they feel, there is always room for improvement. And of course better sleep is a constant quest.

I have cooked up a batch of spiced burgers and tapioca bread. It is meant to see me through the next three work nights, but who am I kidding? I'll probably consume it all in a day and a half. I have some Niman Ranch sausages and a head of green leaf lettuce. And some raspberries and cauliflower.