Page 225 of 590 FirstFirst ... 125175215223224225226227235275325 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,250 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 225

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Yup, I have that same fear sometimes!

Baby's in Italy are tested for celiac and 5 other diseases when they are just a few days old. My oldest son is born in Italy. I went home one day after giving birth, so I had to go back after a week to do the test (it's mandatory). They just take a little blood from the heel and a few weeks later the results are in.
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    That is fascinating! I wonder why? Other than the obvious, of course. (Because they might have it...)

Forgot to buy sour cream yesterday, darn. I am very spoiled, I only like the cultured stuff with no additives. It is nothing like regular sour cream. Good on everything from fruit to veg to meat. But I can only get it at the food co-op. And what is up with the Meyer lemon shortage? No Meyer lemons anywhere. I asked, but the produce clerk didn't even know what a Meyer lemon is. Remember the olden days when the people who worked there actually knew something about the produce?
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

ecks is offline Senior Member
    What is a Meyer lemon? I looked up photos and it looks like a regular lemon!
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

It is less acidic and more complex in flavor than a regular lemon. I put them on everything. Also they are very, very juicy and have a thinner peel than the nasty hard conventional lemons.

Been cooking up a storm this afternoon. I realized I had a few things that needed to be eaten or frozen or cooked, maybe not in that order.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Well, Easter is coming and you know what that means - coconut macaroons! Classic gluten-free dessert. Got some really good ones at the the food co-op. Also got some really good tomato soup made with beef stock and nothing non-primal. I'm really hungry lately! But I'm not going overboard with eating.

Weird weather. It has snowed almost every day for a week but there has been no accumulation. It is supposed to be like for the next few days. Rain/snow/rain/snow, moderate temps, then cold, then warmer. Changes every 15 minutes or so!

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    I will have to make some - forgot they where "legal"
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    New man, new hair, meyer lemons, tapioca buns. All is good in your world . I've seen the meyer lemons lately in the store, but never had them. Next shopping trip, I think. I'm counting on your work as to their fabulousness.

Great idea about the coconut macaroons, I may have to find a recipe and make some. We will be away over Easter, but it will be visiting our Primal friends in Nova Scotia, haven't seen them since they retired there last year. I could make them there!

As for your weather, I would love to send you some of today's accumulation from here. About 15 cm, or 6 inches. All yours. I'm done with this winter crap. Spring seems a long way off at the moment.

Try this one:

Paleo Coconut Macaroons adapted from a recipe from Elana's Pantry
    6 egg whites
    1/4 teaspoon celtic sea salt
    1/3 cup raw honey
    1 tablespoon vanilla extract
    3 cups unsweetened shredded coconut

In a mixing bowl whisk egg whites and salt until stiff. In a separate bowl, combine honey, vanilla and coconut. Gently fold coconut mixture into the egg whites.

Drop batter onto a parchment lined baking sheet, one rounded tablespoonful at a time.

Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes, until lightly browned

My note: Obviously you don't need to use celtic sea salt. Any salt is okay.

I really like the Meyers lemons because of the IMHO superior taste, and also because they are really, really juicy. Even if they cost a bit more they are worth it because of the quantity of juice. Still looking for them.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    When my friend and i went to Whole Foods to get meyer lemons, they were crazy expensive 5.99 pound so instead we picked up sweet limes at 1.99 pound. They were tasty and not too limey. Tasted great in my alcoholic beverage!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    The only thing that makes coconut macaroons better is dipping the bottoms in chocolate. I liked these even before I liked coconut.