Page 223 of 590 FirstFirst ... 123173213221222223224225233273323 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,230 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 223

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    It is so good.. I just sent to several folks who need to read it daily.
    I'll probably catch hell for it

tomi is online now Senior Member
    I enjoyed the success story too. I thrilled that she found this WOE early in her life and will probably reap the benefits for many years to come! As long as she stays the course that is.

Good luck with NewMan - hope this is something that will work into something bigger.............
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Of course there are many different body types and we all are unique, but that pic really struck a chord with me - "This is what women should look like." She's not skinny, not emaciated, not impossibly airbrushed. She looks like she could be an engineer or have ten babies or maybe both at the same time. And smile the whole time.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Well, not to brag, but since this is my journal I'll detail my latest culinary triumph. In furthering my tapioca cheese bread recipe, I reduced the oil from 1/4 cup to 1/8 cup. I thought they would benefit from being drier and a bit less oily and have a more bread-y texture. I was correct. They did not puff up as much, making a flatter end product that is excellent for putting a hamburger on or making any kind of sandwich. They are also crisper, which is good. If anything even more delicious. Well, I'm bragging now. I made some hamburgers, or rather I mixed a pound of ground beef with curry powder, chili powder, mustard powder, smoked paprika, and a touch of cinnamon. Also one egg. Baked it in the oven instead of pan frying. Well. Delicious. I have had two and to be honest I am dying to have another.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

campanella is offline Senior Member
    That sounds lovely! Interesting idea with he curry/chili/mustard.
    Right before I went primal, I discovered the deliciousness of a pbj sandwich with sliced banana instead of jelly. Which I have been missing lately. Possibly tapioca bread will be worth a try, with almond butter.

I have had that, it is quite good. The only reason I don't make tapioca bread more often is that I am afraid I will eat way too much of it. Perhaps if I did have it around all of the time as a staple I would be able to control myself better, unlike now when I make it once in a blue moon as a treat.

To my surprise NewMan called and wants to meet tonight. He said he was feeling a bit bad that things didn't work out for us to get together this weekend and said he would drive here (an hour) even just for a drink. Of course I said yes, so he will be here soon. There is only one place open, so we will go there!

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Woopee! New man coming over!! Exciting stuff - on the edge of my desk waiting to hear more - hope it works out well!
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

Well, I managed to stay primal on my date. Had two hard ciders. Several waters. Had to watch the drinking because I had to drive home. Also because I have to watch myself! It was fun. But bars just aren't my thing. It was fun, though. I don't know what to think really. What do I want? How much energy and time do I want to put into this? He is very nice and I enjoy being around him, but I am horribly independent. Always torn between wanting someone in my life but not being able to give up any of my independence.

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    So glad it was fun! Bars do get tedious the older we get.

Stay independent; it's the most wonderful feeling in the world to know that you can manage and enjoy life on your own.
    It would be fabulous to have someone to see on occasion without having to set up housekeeping with them.

Did I mention that yesterday I ate a pound of ground beef? (weight before cooking) I did. It was delicious. I bought some more and plan to try to recreate the recipe. The funny thing was that it was too much, the last few bites were not necessary, but I didn't feel uncomfortable or bloated. One thing I was NOT was hungry. I ate around 5:30 last night and I'm still not hungry.

Opera today! I was thinking about all the big stars waking up this morning in New York. I wonder what their routines are? I would think being primal would be fantastic for an opera singer. Maybe even strict paleo, dairy is probably not a good idea. A diet of meat, veg, and fruit. Stay full for a long time, steady blood sugar. A plus when you have a 5-hour performance.