Page 221 of 590 FirstFirst ... 121171211219220221222223231271321 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,210 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 221

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    The way to a man's heart is through slow-cooked meat...nothing says romance like tender spiced animal flesh...
    I'm left wondering if you're thinking more here about the pork or the new man friend

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    I'm left wondering if you're thinking more here about the pork or the new man friend
    I'm thinking she's trying to "reel" him in with the pork!
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Despite having a very large amount of luscious pork all ready to eat, I can't stop eating fruits and veg. I had a huge amount of roasted cauliflower. Then some baba ganoush with bell peppers. A few blackberries. The sad, bad thing (or really happy thing) is that I have eaten more vegetables in one day than most people eat in a week. Or maybe a month. Or maybe ever. And that includes most 'vegetarians' I know, who seem to live on McDonalds french fries and cheese pizza. Cuz they're saving the planet by being vegetarians, dontcha know. Ai'ght, I'm being snarky.

Choir tonight was grueling, worked two hours with no break. One of the other singers said this is the hardest music she has worked on in her life - and she is really good. The director heard us talking, and agreed. Doesn't get any harder than the Brahms Requiem in German. I really wouldn't have minded if we were doing something a little bit easier. But it is very beautiful. I haven't warmed up to the German yet. My vocal abilities don't really extend to German.

I'm thinking of doing a horrible thing. Asking for fuel assistance money. I mean, I'm driving a new car. But it is so hard to pay $200 for fuel every two weeks! I don't make more money in the winter! The car isn't exactly a luxury; I don't think too many people would argue with my getting a new car every 15 years. And I have to get to work. That part is not a luxury at all. But I can get 100 gallons of fuel or something like that just by asking. This paycheck is extremely skinny after paying for heat. I'm really torn about it. It seems stupid not to do it, but I feel weird asking for it.

I may have been too hasty about my 'romance.' After a flurry of texting and calls after going out on Saturday, today was pretty silent. I called him once and he was really receptive to talking, but nothing since. I know how these things go - it can be scary on both sides. Of course I have no idea what he is thinking or feeling, but meeting someone you want to get to know better and maybe even enter into a stable relationship with is damned frightening. I'll just have to see what happens. He mentioned again today that we planned to get together on Friday and to think of something fun to do. Dating is hard.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    By all means, ask for fuel.
    Think of something fun to do on Friday.

I was thinking of snowshoeing, he doesn't have snowshoes but I can probably borrow some. But it appears that our snowstorm is turning into a rainstorm, so that might not be possible. I, of course, am a strong paleowoman and can take whatever comes, good or bad. I can't expect a grain-eater to be so tough.

Got woken up this morning when a Formula 1 racetrack mysteriously materialized around my bed and the carnivores chased a very noisy crinkle toy around it. They are in fine form. It is getting light so much earlier - I got up thinking it was much later. It was only 6:30 AM. I spent quite a bit of time in prayer and meditation and then read for an hour or so. This is a habit I have to reinstate. I used to do this regularly but since I moved last summer I have let other things creep in and push out the good.

Haven't eaten yet today, not hungry.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    I love early morning time for myself before DH wakes, even the dogs stay asleep.
    I make org coffee and have Bible Study and read something from Marianne Williamson,
    And always her morning prayer,

Dear God, I give this day to You. May my mind stay centered on the things of spirit. May I not be tempted to stray from love.

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    I'm not saying anything, just being me, trying to be funny!

That is a beautiful prayer, Judy, thanks for sharing it. It is important to start the day with focus and intention, although waking up full of energy and raring to go sometimes makes me forget this.

campanella is offline Senior Member
    Oh, I LOVE snowshoeing!! I tried it in january for the first time, and especially when you try and go really fast you get quite a workout and so much fun. My trail was in the woods over about 2 feet of snow and it was magical to wind among the fir trees so lightly, seeing the animal prints and listening to the wind but sheltered by the trees and snow. Probably the only thing I will miss about winter now that it's warming up!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    We are getting snow after all, so snowshoeing might be in the picture! I heard from NewMan by email, he is pet/housesitting for his sister for a couple of days and is out of cell phone range. (This is Maine and not unusual so I believe him.) So hopefully all is well and there will be some more dates and fun times in the future.

Drove to work in a raging blizzard but it was okay. I am getting pretty good at driving in this stuff, of course the good tires and car help immensely. Got to work having not been here for several days - fixed the computer and an EKG machine that have been broken for awhile. Way above my pay grade! Can't quite figure out why I am the only one who knows how to do these things. Also did not get report on a patient that I should have definitely known about. In report I get all sorts of stupid info about stuff I don't need to know and virtually nothing that I really do need to know.