Page 219 of 590 FirstFirst ... 119169209217218219220221229269319 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,190 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 219

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    The snow is falling, falling. I just checked to see if I can get out of the driveway. The answer is yes, but I think I should do a bit of precautionary shoveling to ensure I can get back in the driveway in a couple of hours.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

campanella is offline Senior Member
    Your date sounds lovely! Snow, not so much- I'm ready for spring by now.

This morning I grated fresh ginger into my herbal tea and I could hardly swallow it but I think it was the best I've ever sung haha! I think the key is to grate it freshly, because last week I made ginger tea a few days in advance and it didn't seem to do anything then.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Congrats on the good date! How exciting to be thinking this could be something with a future!!!!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Yes, I think the fresh ginger is the key. It's quite a brew, though!

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Quite a day. Slept well and woke up full of energy. My moods have really smoothed out, haven't they? I'm not cheerful all of the time, but I'm not really down either. I still get annoyed with regularity, though! Primal doesn't cure sheer orneriness.

Went swimming. Got my goggles stolen but I saw the guy with them, so I retrieved them. Apparently it is okay to pick up and take anything that is not actually in the owner's hand. When did this get to be acceptable? I had forgotten to eat before I went and came home with a powerful hunger. Luckily I had carnitas in the refrigerator. Also an apple with almond butter. I've really gotten used to almond butter, I like it a lot now. I have forgotten what peanut butter tastes like. (Seriously)

Then I went snowshoeing with a couple of friends. My snowshoes worked great. I've never used them in such deep, wet snow. It was a so much fun and what a workout! I will admit to being quite tired.

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Lovely to catch up on all your news! Your man date sounds quite promising - hopefully this works out well for you both! People just don't seem to think twice about walking off with something that is not theirs, and they aren't even embarrassed when caught out... strange!

Snowshoeing sounds like a lot of fun and a great way to exercise - I would love to try it once I am in better shape!
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 224.8 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Yes, it is really fun and even though I am tired I am surprised at how well I did - I haven't really done any exercise of that sort for some time, but it came easily. I had to slow down for my friends and I fell twice and laughed about it. This is really not me. Normally I would be wondering if I could keep up and if anyone felt as bad as me and falling would be so embarrassing. It was all good. My snowshoes that I bought because they were on sale, are really, really good. I noticed right away they were different from my friends and they are obviously superior. Much longer, a tapered shape, lots of teeth on the bottom. Yes, I feel like quite the snow woman!

Had some leftover London Broil and roasted cauliflower. Damn that cauliflower is good!

I have a big pork roast in the oven being turned into carnitas. It was unbelievably cheap, and when I got it home I realized it wasn't boneless. Which is okay, but it is really hard to cut up a 5-lb roast with a bone running down the middle! I did the best I could. The bone will make it taste even better, I am sure sure. It has only been in the oven for half an hour and already the house smells divine.

I had a big mug of hot chocolate that I made with coconut milk, regular milk, dark chocolate, and honey. It was divine.

Talked on the phone with ManDate a couple of times. He is very nice. Do I have a man in my life? Maybe. It seems so normal to have a guy to talk to.

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Talked on the phone with ManDate a couple of times. He is very nice. Do I have a man in my life? Maybe. It seems so normal to have a guy to talk to.
    I love how you just subtly slip that in

Mmm... Carnitas....
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by ecks View Post
    I love how you just subtly slip that in

Mmm... Carnitas....
    I thought that was cute and delicious sounding too.