Page 218 of 590 FirstFirst ... 118168208216217218219220228268318 ... LastLast
Results 2,171 to 2,180 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 218

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Well, the cats have decided they don't like the liver. And it seems to have upset their tummies. Oh dear, oh dear.

This afternoon I'm going to meet a guy I met on Match.com. Just have a coffee at the Barnes and Noble cafe. Wish me luck. I've had no luck whatsoever with online dating so far. Several prospects seemed really good, and then they just fizzled. I have, however, been wanting to visit B&N for some time (it's an hour away) and this is my incentive.

We are supposed to get another big storm tonight. Ho hum. Getting old.

Now this is a sad statement on our food supply. I can buy a one-lb bag of frozen cauliflower for one half the price of a fresh cauliflower. Why is processed food, however minimally, considerably less expensive than fresh? I know the answer to that, I've seen Food Inc. But it is still astounding.
    Last edited by Siobhan; 02-23-2013 at 03:57 AM.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Sabine is online now Senior Member
    Good luck on the meet. And have fun at B&N. So dangerous for me. I want to buy half the books I come across. Ours is only two miles away, so it is a constant temptation.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Have fun - maybe this will be something good?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

I had a real date! Whee-hoo!! Really nice guy. We talked and talked. Okay, I talked and talked. We had lunch and it was really nice. So much in common, the same outlook on life, and he seems to like the fact that I am funny and smart. And he called to make sure I got home okay. I even hugged him without prompts. (I am not a hugging person. Normally I stand like a stone when someone hugs me and hope that it is over really quickly.) I met his dog and she is nice too.

Got really lost on the way there and didn't get to browse in the B&N, which is both good and bad. Bad that I got lost. Bad that I didn't get to do something I was looking forward to. But good that I didn't spend any money and didn't get distracted and I had a DATE!

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Way to go Siobhan!! Whoot, whoot, whoot
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    I am so happy.

Yes, I have to say cautiously that this looks promising. Would be cool to have a man in my life in some significant way. We'll see.

Didn't need dinner, but ate anyway. Baba ganoush, bacon, peppers, raspberries. Thirsty as can be, am drinking fizzy water.

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Thirsty cause of all that talking
    and the scotch yesterday.

Yeah, the scotch was not a good idea, but now I know to stay away from it.

I stayed primal on my date. We met at B&N but went to Ruby Tuesdays, which conveniently has a grilled salmon salad and can actually provide olive oil and balsamic vinegar instead of salad dressing.

Well, I am still optimistic. I've talked to ManDate on the phone a couple of times and we've exchanged some texts. I am really looking forward to seeing him again. He seems to like me just the right amount - enough to pursue things but not so much that it is creepy. And I hope he feels the same about me. I don't want to be calculating or fake, just myself, but at the same time it is easy for misunderstandings to occur at this phase.

Snowed all night but there was little accumulation until this morning when it ramped up and now there is significant white stuff. I got up early and went to adult ed at church - only 6 people there including me. Got a message that choir was cancelled as I walked in. Darn it all! Anyway, I couldn't leave adult ed after they saw me. Watched video and discussed for an hour - actually it was really good and I'm glad I went but I have that wanting to be two places at once going on. Skipped out instead of attending the service.

This morning I have been enjoying the warm woodstove and working on the Brahms Requiem. I remembered a container of carnitas in the freezer and so I fried up some of that with all the usual condiments. Heaven. That is pretty much my favorite meal now.

Party to go to this afternoon, some friends here are renting the Opera House and doing it up right. I considered asking ManDate, but because of the snow I didn't. I don't think the snow would scare him off, but I am afraid of an awkward situation with him maybe needing to stay overnight...I think you get the picture. I'm not ready for that situation right now. Too soon. I wonder what the carnivores will think of him? Slim Cat will like him I am sure, but BW Cat will be more standoffish. Scared, actually! I wonder how long he will hide before he decides this guy is okay? Did I mention he has a sweet black lab, female, very nice.