Page 216 of 590 FirstFirst ... 116166206214215216217218226266316 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,160 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 216

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I have to agree that the perception of what is NORMAL has changed in America. We are a fat country - thanks to the government guidelines and food producers brain washing us since the early 50's that whole grains and low fat is the way to eat. But I have to say I do see a change in the nutrutional winds. People are doing their homework - waking up and seeing how we've all been mislead and misinformed. I believe its going to take a couple generations to turn things around, but it will happen.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Have you tried boiling or steaming the brussels sprouts for a few minutes before roasting them? For some reason that seems to help with the issues that can arise from these little cabbages. (Not so mysterious, obviously a troublesome compound cooks away.)

Had a good swim despite the kids all over. When I walked into the pool the lifeguard gave me a big smile and assured me that she would keep a lane clear for me. Methinks there have been complaints! These kids just have not been taught how to act in a public pool. It is FREAKING DANGEROUS to enter a lane with an adult lap swimmer who doesn't know you are there! Broken ear drums...broken arms...I'm not exaggerating. Anyway, this too shall pass.

Ate the last of my chicken sausage thing with cabbage and egg. Very, very good. I am sad to see it go. I also had a hard cider, the last one. Sad to see that go also. Of course there is always more where that came from! Hunter-gatherers didn't have grocery stores.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Made tapioca breads. Ate three of them. Utterly delicious. Hot out of the oven with butter and Himalyan Pink ground over the top. Heaven. Once a carb addict, always a carb addict. (Although they also have a fair amount of fat and protein.) Also some London Broil, which was good but the TB was the highlight. Sigh.

After reading Pedidoc's journal, I got out my sledgehammer, cued up the tunes and managed 10 minutes of shovelglove. I was doing it regularly until I was rearranging my furniture, didn't have room, and the hammer ended up in the back of the closet. Oh ye of little faith! Anyway, I am back swinging.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    Wow 10 minutes! I did 3, but truthfully could have done more - I just want to be able to move tomorrow. Got some 1/2 finger gloves today to use from now on. I sure don't need blisters. Glad I could inspire.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Oh, I love the shovelglove.. 3x weekly, Mon, wed, fri, like clockwork. The dogs think mama's lost it but I keep swinging.
    It has really strengthened my shoulders and upper body. I used to pull some muscle deep in my back, about where bra snaps, when I'd move furniture. I have to move furniture around or go nuts but no more pain the next day like I'd had for yrs, decades, actually, always took 2 or 3 days to quit hurting. Yay shovelglove, thx to you, Sio, and I do wear gloves, too, can't have that hammer flying, whoa.

Thank you! We all inspire each other here and provide very helpful reminders! I am wondering how I will feel tomorrow.
    But I will keep up with the hammer, it is a great workout, so much fun and it doesn't take very long.

I made the jerky from this site: Primal / Paleo Recipes that Ecks found. Turned out great! I recommend highly. I had always shied away from jerky as it always seems so complicated and expensive but this is easy, no special equipment, and using ground beef means not too expensive.

I went to Bible Study last night (my church is holding this for Lent, normally we don't) and came home with two lbs. of cooked bacon that were left over from some event. Had a few pieces for breakfast, wonderful stuff! I am working tonight, so guess what my dinner with be?

ecks is offline Senior Member
    I've actually bowed to the powers that be in pintrest and signed up for an account so that I can keep track of recipe's I find on the site
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

That is a pretty awesome site...might have to sign up. Would be cool to have all my recipes in one place!

Overdid it with the hammer yesterday. My back is bloody sore! Ouch. I went swimming anyway, but didn't do much but paddle around. I saw something orange on the bottom of the pool and started amusing myself by diving for it. I am ridiculously buoyant and diving is not easy for me, but the lifeguard saw me and brought the net. At the last moment I grabbed it and put it in the net. Probably a piece of an earplug. Don't want anyone inhaling that! Anyway, that was my excitement for the day.

Dove headfirst into a watermelon. It was so good! One of those mini watermelons you see. I ate a ridiculous amount of it. Also one tapioca bread and two slices of bacon. Now to rest -

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    For a moment there, I was picturing a watermelon, bobbing in your pool.